Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Fat or Bald?
skoolmunkee at 2:24PM, June 6, 2009
(offline)
OK, no more “I prefer my women this way or that” stuff in this thread, that isn't what it's about. No crap replies like “it's a fact women are sensitive about weight” either. I've seen too many of those types of threads go down in flames, I'm not having it here. :]

Edit: I deleted about 4 replies if anyone is confused. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
lastcall at 2:48PM, June 6, 2009
(offline)
I don't care if the guy is bald or fat. He could be both, for all I care. As long as he makes me laugh and loves me unconditionally, then he's the man for me. …Luckily I found just the man to do that, and married him. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Warpedwenger at 6:05PM, June 6, 2009
(offline)
skoolmunkee
OK, no more “I prefer my women this way or that” stuff in this thread, that isn't what it's about. No crap replies like “it's a fact women are sensitive about weight” either. I've seen too many of those types of threads go down in flames, I'm not having it here. :]
-_-
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
skoolmunkee at 3:17AM, June 7, 2009
(offline)
I like to think I have preferences when it comes to guys, and on a casual basis I do… but when I've really hit it off with someone, it hasn't mattered what they look like. That's not a particularly reassuring answer for guys though, as I'm not much of a catch and I don't like meeting people in the first place. :]

I've found that people's own self-image is a hell of a lot more destructive than anything they might be like in reality though. That goes for girls and guys. So- whether you guys pick fat or bald, be cool with it and don't let it get you down. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
gullas at 3:58AM, June 7, 2009
(offline)
I am a little bit overweighted, but I like my hair so…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 7:31AM, June 7, 2009
(offline)
I'd rather be fat, as you can reverse this. Baldness is not. Or are we talking about people shaving your head? And not male baldness that comes from age?
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
Ozoneocean at 8:43AM, June 7, 2009
(online)
You know, I actually have dreams where I suddenly wake up and I'm fat and bald. lol!
And while I'm just disappointed that I got fat, I'm appalled that I lost my hair! :(

And I'm franticly searching for one of my lovely hats to compensate in a really pathetic way… “look, I'm still cool everybody, look at my hat!” :)

It's really funny because being fat or bald isn't something I'm worried about normally, I don't even think about that, and I don't wear hats to create an image for other people.

-But it comes down to that destructive self image Skool mentioned. The only time I've ever felt worried about getting fat was when a female friend teased me that it might happen one day and I might not always be thin. And then suddenly I'm thinking “Would I be different if I was fat? Would that make me less of a person to her?”
And the same with being bald; I've always had long hair, that's just how it is, but when you have people complementing you on that specifically, you stop thinking that hair doesn't matter really and start thinking that how it looks actually represents YOU in their eyes and if it wasn't like it was no one would notice you.

It's silly and sad but stuff like that goes on in your head and makes you feel certain ways, at least on a subconscious level.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
Warpedwenger at 9:31AM, June 7, 2009
(offline)
I was really fat when I was a teenager. I was a very different person too. I had a bad inferiority complex. All through High School I kept to myself. After all if I hated myself certainly other people did. I wanted to spare the people around me from having to look at me. I don't know if it was because of my weight that I was so unhappy or maybe it was just part of it but I wouldn't ever want to go back to that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
usedbooks at 6:13PM, June 7, 2009
(online)
Warpedwenger
I was really fat when I was a teenager. I was a very different person too. I had a bad inferiority complex. All through High School I kept to myself. After all if I hated myself certainly other people did. I wanted to spare the people around me from having to look at me. I don't know if it was because of my weight that I was so unhappy or maybe it was just part of it but I wouldn't ever want to go back to that.
I felt like that in high school too. I feel much better about myself now, and I don't feel that people see me in a negative light. I'm actually much heavier than I was then. (So, I would wager, it is not your appearance that is the factor here… High schoolers are, as a whole, self-conscious and superficial.)

My sister severely scarred her face in a car accident. For months, she felt so ugly that she didn't want to be seen in public. Slowly, she started forgetting about her altered appearance, and became comfortable again. She now acts as she did before. She feels cute, and guys flirt with her as they always did. The scars did not fade. Only her own attitude changed.

As superficial as we feel other people are and as self-conscious as we can be, changing appearance doesn't have a devastating effect unless you let it. If you go bald, shine that head and show it off. If you put on a few pounds, enjoy your additional inertia. Remember that every person will age, and your body will change. That's a guarantee.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
mlai at 3:50AM, June 8, 2009
(online)
I assume the question means that you can't reverse either, if you choose one.

For myself… I'd rather be bald than fat. I've always had a crewcut… except for 2008 when I really let my hair grow out for an entire year just for the heck of it… what a nuisance!! I don't know how guys with long hair deal with it. I couldn't look down without my own hair blinding me.

On a woman… I'd rather she be bald than fat. No, I don't like a bald head on a woman… but still. However, that said, I'm not saying I only like the supermodel body image.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Ozoneocean at 4:02AM, June 8, 2009
(online)
mlai
For myself… I'd rather be bald than fat. I've always had a crewcut… except for 2008 when I really let my hair grow out for an entire year just for the heck of it…
You looked really good with a shaggy head of hair. ;)
bravo1102 at 5:32AM, June 8, 2009
(offline)
Bald, there aren't a whole of lot of health problems attached to not having hair (except ski cancer. I wear hats I've had really bad sunburn on the top of my head when I don't. You don't notice it until you touch your head and scream)

If you're overweight verging on obese; I really don't want heart problems, various joint and muscle problems from carrying too much weight, diabetes etc, etc, etc.

I was in the army for 10 years. Wearing a combat vehicle crew helmet all the time the shorter my hair was the more comfy the helmet was to wear.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
ipokino at 11:30AM, June 8, 2009
(offline)
Hmmm…fifty years old now and still neither fat or bald–however, I do struggle now to keep my weight at a healthy (for my 6'2" frame) 200 pounds. I really like food! Hair wise, I have always just been thankful I got to keep my hair, as my head shape really doesn't go well with bald…I don't think.
Sadly, male pattern baldness and stomach fat are genetically linked…sorry guys, the balder you are, the more chance you have of having that spare tire…no choices there…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 11:03PM, June 8, 2009
(offline)
Hm… I'm a little overweight… D: (as of now, that is; Project Diet is starting, er, tomorrow!!) if I had to choose between being obese and being bald, I… eh… don't want either! But I guess I'd be bald; I hate my hair and I always get it cut pretty short anyway… it never looks right… it's too thin… it's curly and I hate curly hair…(plus if I were bald my hair would never get oily!!! woot.) But if it came between me being like, awesomely thin and bald, or my current weight + a full head of hair, I'd choose having hair.

In terms of men: I choose fat!! Fat people are fluffy and soft, like gentle pillows. Plus, they tend to be more interesting. bald= gross. I don't like army hair either- ‘crew cuts’ or what have you. Plus my boyfriend is one of those horribly skinny people you guys are talking about (I have devious plans to slip lard into his food when he's not looking, etc…) and sometimes people are like, ‘you only like guys who are super-skinny!’ and that is a very attractive quality, but I also enjoy the slovenly type. You know, the kind of person who doesn't care about exercising or leaving the house ever, and just eats junk food and has fun. (sounds like me…)

And there's something about pudgy people– they're nicer, they're funnier, they're more laid back, and they don't expect the world to be handed to them on a platter (read: they have low self-esteem… hehehe) that makes them a lot more fun to be around than, say, a bald person. Bald people tend to be pricks… and overly buff, which is gross.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Dark Pascual at 11:27PM, June 8, 2009
(online)
Fat, because I'm alredy a chubby guy with long hair and I'm feel good with my own body…

I feel sexy being a chubby guy with long hair, and I probably would feel less sexy being a bald and skinny guy…

Hell, I'm sexier than this guy:

I have more hair, less belly and I'm perfectly shaved…due the fact that I barely able to grow any beard at all…and I use glasses, but glasses make me look like a sexy intelectual…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
BffSatan at 11:30PM, June 8, 2009
(online)
I'd rather be bald, then I'd join the navy or a cult or something so I won't be different.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
mlai at 12:09AM, June 9, 2009
(online)
Personally, I've never found a correlation between niceness and body fitness. I knew a blonde woman who would have been ridiculously beautiful if she would only lose her (lots of) extra weight… and the extra weight certainly didn't improve her personality one bit.

I know I'm being inconsiderate when I say this… even taking into account different metabolism with different people, losing weight is a simple matter of math. You exercise off more calories than you take in, and you will lose weight, period. The key is you exercise off; you don't starve off.

Ozone, how do you keep the hair out of your eyes?

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Ozoneocean at 12:45AM, June 9, 2009
(online)
mlai
Hats ;)

You get used to it though, so it doesn't worry you as much anyway.
ParkerFarker at 5:59PM, June 9, 2009
(online)
oh man, this would be the hardest decision I could make, my hair is not just a part of my head, it is a part of me. Without my hair I would feel embarrassed to go out in public (it just doesn't suite me)

but being fat is one of the biggest turn-offs and I would feel hypocritical if I became fat, I don't hate fat people, I just don't have sympathy for them.

Suicide would be the ONLY option.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
machinehead at 6:28PM, June 9, 2009
(online)
My future just flashed before my eyes. I picture myself as a fat bald man driving a Rascal scooter around town yelling obscenities at everyone I pass by. Then my Rascal pops a tire cause I am just that damn fat and no one will help me. So I try to flab my ass home like a Manatee until I have a heart attack and die. Wow my future looks bleak.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
bravo1102 at 12:07PM, June 10, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
mlai
Hats ;)

You get used to it though, so it doesn't worry you as much anyway.

Hair out of your eyes isn't so bad compared to hair in your mouth while eating which comes with a bushy mustache. How Joshua Chamberlain ate anything I'll never know.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Walrus at 7:46PM, June 10, 2009
(online)
Fat, a lot of health problems follow. Although I do have a lot of hair… I don't know, this is a tough one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
bittertea at 6:08AM, June 13, 2009
(online)
El Cid
The great debate rages on. Is it worse to be fat, or bald? Just wondering where people weigh in on that. Ladies, would you rather have a buff dude with a shiny dome or a pudgy Fabio?

mmmmm “pudgy Fabio”… ; D……. out of a fifty fifty choice that's a pretty good deal either way. I mean in all honesty I dig the guy with a keg and locks but the guy with a sixpack and cueball ain't so bad either.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:23AM
Gillespie at 9:24PM, June 13, 2009
(online)
According to my genetics, There's a chance of achieving both! I'm fine with that. I think I'd rather be bald, as that's easier to get for me. I have yet to fill out my body and I should try to keep it that way haha.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:36PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon