(online)
Heya!
Share some of your faves.
here are two of mine:

The IT crowd.
Techno headbanging stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5-_B-tKnZw&feature=related

Saxondale
Funny little sitcom. This is a clip of the original band playing it, not of the modern show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK2xQBsOvrY

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Genejoke at 8:14AM, Dec. 22, 2010
(online)
Always liked this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPzDaxPaq7s&feature=related

Red dwarf
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTEpiFcn0wI&feature=related

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
ozoneocean at 8:46AM, Dec. 22, 2010
(online)
The double bass in the angel theme is good (or is it a cello?). Better than the show anyway :)

Yeah, the original theme for Red Dwarf at the start there. I liked that when I first started watching it in… 89 wasn't it??? o_O I was so annoyed when they redid all the old eps with nasty digital effects and tried to make it look like it was done on film instead of video. >.<

More UK stuff:

old…
The Professionals.
So 70's!!!!! Akshon muzik!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCFVEvZvo3g

And Minder
Pure classic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN9XzC6ChuE

itsjustaar at 3:00AM, Dec. 26, 2010
(online)
Red Dwarf, for the win.

As I've seen a few British programs played on PBS long time ago as a kid, which also ran some anime late at night on school nights, I think some of the best I'd say is–

Dr. Who. No matter which variant, most of the 70's/80's variants are pretty good.

US-wise, the ‘One Saturday Morning’ jingle is pretty catchy, if it counts.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Chernobog at 10:07AM, Dec. 26, 2010
(offline)
I won't link since it's absolutely poisonous, but I have an insane fascination with the theme to the Garry Shandling Show. It's so lethargically made but it gets stuck in my head.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Dark Pascual at 8:20AM, Dec. 27, 2010
(online)
Agreed with IT Crowd and Doctor Who (I have the Series 3 tune as my cell ringtone).

Don't know if it counts, but I have a big soft spot for Anime Openings, specially Saint Seiya's Pegasus Fantasy and Fist of the North Star's Ai Wo Torimodose.

If it doesn't counts, I think that Firefly, Buffy and Angel themes are just awesome!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
skoolmunkee at 3:41PM, Dec. 27, 2010
(online)
Chernobog
I won't link since it's absolutely poisonous, but I have an insane fascination with the theme to the Garry Shandling Show. It's so lethargically made but it gets stuck in my head.
This is the theme to Garry's Show, the theme to garry's Show, Garry called me up and asked if I would write his theme song. I'm almost halfway through it how do you like it so far, how do you like the theme to Garry's Show? This is the theme to Garry's Show, the opening theme to Garry's show, this is the music that you hear as you watch the credits. We're almost to the part where I start to whistle, then we'll watch the Garry Shandling show. (whistling) This was the theme to Garry Shandling's show.

I haven't seen that show since it was on the air and I still remember that whole song. Sometimes I hum it in the shower. I didn't even like the show but the song stuck with me.

I don't really like theme tunes. I always skip them if possible. I prefer the ones which just use 15-20 seconds of understated music or skip it completely, like Lost. :] I especially dislike the really long intros they put onto one-hour shows now where they list tons of people one by one on the screen, quit it, get on with the shoooow
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
Abt_Nihil at 5:23PM, Dec. 27, 2010
(offline)
skoolmunkee
I don't really like theme tunes. I always skip them if possible. I prefer the ones which just use 15-20 seconds of understated music or skip it completely, like Lost. :] I especially dislike the really long intros they put onto one-hour shows now where they list tons of people one by one on the screen, quit it, get on with the shoooow
Noooooooooooo T_T what about seminal intros like Darkwing Duck? Tiny Toon Adventures? Batman? Duck Tales? Any anime show? :D

As for live-action shows… Millennium, Twin Peaks or Carnivale come to mind. But mainly because of the way they set the tone, not because of the music itself Obviously, my fav tunes are cartoon tunes ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
mlai at 11:40PM, Dec. 28, 2010
(online)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DaXyxLY9fc

Theme to Star Trek Voyager. Say what you want about the show, but this theme is just great. It is also very representative to everything this show wanted to express, even down to the grandiose way the show takes itself too seriously.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
skoolmunkee at 4:13AM, Dec. 29, 2010
(online)
Abt_Nihil
Noooooooooooo T_T what about seminal intros like Darkwing Duck? Tiny Toon Adventures? Batman? Duck Tales? Any anime show? :D

As for live-action shows… Millennium, Twin Peaks or Carnivale come to mind. But mainly because of the way they set the tone, not because of the music itself Obviously, my fav tunes are cartoon tunes ^_^

There are ones that I “like” nostalgically and remember because I've listened to them so many times, but if I'm watching the show I'll skip it every time if I have the choice. The Batman: Animated Series and Carnivale theme songs are thematically good and all, but I know ‘em, so why listen to them?

I dunno, maybe I’m just using the wrong definition of ‘favorite.’ A ‘favorite’ thing for me is something I'll watch, listen to, use, etc. again and again because I don't get tired of it. But I get tired of theme songs.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
Abt_Nihil at 4:41AM, Dec. 29, 2010
(offline)
mlai
Theme to Star Trek Voyager.
Oh yeah, right. I love that one too. Much more than the series itself.

skoolmunkee
There are ones that I “like” nostalgically and remember because I've listened to them so many times, but if I'm watching the show I'll skip it every time if I have the choice. The Batman: Animated Series and Carnivale theme songs are thematically good and all, but I know ‘em, so why listen to them?

I dunno, maybe I’m just using the wrong definition of ‘favorite.’ A ‘favorite’ thing for me is something I'll watch, listen to, use, etc. again and again because I don't get tired of it. But I get tired of theme songs.
Nope, I'm using the same definition ^_^ If I really like it, I won't get tired of it. There's simply no way I can ever get tired of the Batman Animated intro. It's probably my fav intro of any non-Japanese animated show ever. But on the anime side, there's similarly no way I could ever get tired of the Cowboy Bebop intro. 3-2-1 Let's jam! But there actually are a lot of anime intros I can never get tired of, even though I'm somewhat jaded with anime these days.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
Hawk at 9:41AM, Dec. 29, 2010
(online)
I really like the theme song to the original Dr. Who… and yet, I've never seen a single episode of Dr. Who ever.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
itsjustaar at 6:44PM, Dec. 30, 2010
(online)
The original ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation’ theme tune was different than what came out, and sounded more Star Wars-like to a certain degree. I think ‘Trek Core’ has an mp3 of that someplace in their downloads area, and that's a pretty good place to look up images/information on the series'. It's pretty good, and majestic.

Of all the Disney cartoons that aired, I think the ones I could say that I'd listen to for awhile would be the TaleSpin theme, Gargoyles (sans the narration), Bonkers, and DuckTales. Simpsons is another favorite, especially with the variants they use depending on the episode theme.
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
blindsk at 1:36PM, Dec. 31, 2010
(online)
Abt_Nihil
There's simply no way I can ever get tired of the Batman Animated intro.

I agree with this one. Still sends nerd chills down my spine every time I listen to it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
ozoneocean at 5:34AM, Jan. 1, 2011
(online)
Hawk
I really like the theme song to the original Dr. Who… and yet, I've never seen a single episode of Dr. Who ever.
That is the best qualification for liking a theme tune!

@Skool- that might be because you watch most shows these days on DVD and stuff, one ep after another and the themes can just get in the way then.

I agree with the Cowboy Bebop theme. That was fantastic. Also I love the theme to the original Robotech series. -The remastered one for the DVD cuts out all the cool metallic thumping and replaces it with lame “shooshzzing” noises :(
The guy who did that deserves to be de-balled.

I WILL say that the style of theme and the cool opening credit sequence to Cowboy Bebop was very heavily influenced by the house credit style of the British TV production company ITC from the 70s. Most of their shows had extremely cool openings of that style back then.

Compare:

Cowboy Bebop

The Baron

Jason King

The Saint

Department S

-It gets better after the dead guy in the snorkel mask-
Beautiful examples of top quality graphic design at its best. :)

bravo1102 at 8:24AM, Jan. 3, 2011
(online)
Wot no Avengers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8leqISFyUCM

For me it's Thunderbirds. Yeah, I like Gerry and Sylvia Anderson openings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfIAKj3Gl1E&feature=related
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
ozoneocean at 9:06AM, Jan. 3, 2011
(online)
bravo1102
Wot no Avengers?
Heh, that's one of the fave themes I have saved on my playlist, I love that one ^_^
My little sister is a bit of a dick, but I have to give her a lot of credit for taste- she go into the Avengers WAY before I did, and Jason King.
…she even got into Led Zeppelin before me. :[

Ok, some more faves:

-I LOVE the theme to Cheers. I even used to sing along to that one.
My mum visited Boston on part of her trip to the states last year and DIDN'T get a pic of the Cheers bar!!!! >:[
Even though I told her exactly where it was…

-Love the theme to Daria.

-And lastly RUSH.
That was an old Aussie show from the 70's set in the Gold rush in the 1800's. Great show. But the theme was awesome. So I'm posting the music bellow. It's lovely ^___^

lefarce at 10:59AM, Jan. 3, 2011
(online)
Mad Men

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
KomradeDave at 6:39PM, Jan. 3, 2011
(online)
Doogie Howser, MD
Red Dwarf
Cowboy Bebop

These would be my favorites, if I had to whittle it down to a top three list. I have an affinity for themesongs, though, I often find that I'm humming them to myself when going through the more mundane parts of my day.
Handshakes and mustaches are the only ways to know how much you can truly trust a man.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
mlai at 7:35PM, Jan. 3, 2011
(online)
Recently finished watching the short-lived Firefly. It had a great OP. Simple but great. It's definitely gonna get inserted into 1 of my chapters.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:40PM, Jan. 4, 2011
(offline)
Adventure Time

MUST…FIND…LINK!!!!!

(yes it's Cartoon Network)

Best song ever.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
ayesinback at 6:47AM, Jan. 9, 2011
(offline)
Monk

I like Randy Newman's work. a lot
under new management
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Walrus at 1:48PM, Jan. 11, 2011
(online)
For it's simplicity:

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:20AM, Jan. 19, 2011
(offline)
ayesinback
Monk

I like Randy Newman's work. a lot
How come I didn't say that?

Sticking with USA lets throw Psych out there too. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved