Fightsplosion!

Fightsplosion #3 - Sign up list!
draxenn at 1:47AM, Dec. 11, 2007
(online)
Yes folks, it's true. This thread is the official sign up list.
We're looking for 16 lucky contestants to battle it out for the coveted title of Fightsplosion Champion!

The first 16 to sign up will be in.

Others are welcome to post after the initial 16 incase people drop out.

When you sign up on this thread, you need to post a picture of your character within 5 days of your post. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit of your spot.(getting people used to the new rules :) )

Additionally: Unless i get some serious pushback on this, i'm looking to start fs3 in the new year. It's alread the 2nd week of december, and I don't know about you all, but the holidays get pretty frantic for me. I know *I* wouldn't have time to draw a comic! =D

So sign up happens now. We'll open up a new drawing practice thread when we're ready, then come jan 2nd we'll begin the new rounds.

come one, come all! Sign up for Fightsplosion 3: Vengence!
Screw the money! I have RULES!
. o O ( Evil )
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
Glarg at 3:53AM, Dec. 11, 2007
(offline)
Oh yeah, first one to sign up!

Arena Name: Marty the Hobo
Height: 5'8
Powers: Hobo-Fuu, the ability to manipulate flies, the ability to transform into flies, the ability to use his old and ugly teeth as weapons, and Mega stink breath.
Weaknesses: He'll do anything for money and booze…ANYTHING.
Lives: In the streets.
Power-ups: Cigars and Liquor.
Bio: After being defeated in the secound round by a mysterious robot clone of himself, Marty was sent to the Fightsplosion hospital due to several broken bones and a fractured skull. But time has passed and he got better. To avoid any lawsuits the FS community made a deal with him and automatically entered him into the next Fightsplosion. Sadly though Marty still owes his hospital bill, could he finally pay off his debt?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
Priceman at 7:24AM, Dec. 11, 2007
(online)

Name: Zera
Height: 5'5“
Weight: ”None of your damn business“ ~Zera

Weapons: Two high power, silver shooting handguns; and a broadsword made of vindicate crystal (nearly indestructable stuff).

”Power-ups“: Potions (i.e. strength, speed, healing, etc.)

Techniques: ”Mach-Step“~ A basic sentinel technique that allows for high speed travel over short distances. ”Soul Shot" ~ Placing a condensed piece of her soul into a special bullet that utilizes it's destructive power. Ability to make extremely difficult shots due to training. Quick thinker. Also possess an ablility that has yet to be shown, but the leaders of her guild are quite concerned with.

Fighting Style: Sentinel Fighting style (Marksmanship/Hand-to-Hand/Evasion). Proficient (but not perfect) at all three;not so much so with the sword.

Personality: Free spirited, impulsive, and quick to fight so long as it doesn't risk others or risk shame upon her guild. Always up for a challenge. Sometimes lets her mouth get her into trouble before assessing an opponent.

Favorite Food: Ale or any other alcoholic beverage (she calls it liquid bread).
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 1:33PM, Dec. 11, 2007
(online)

NAME: Amaz
RACE: Chaos Angel
WEAPON(S): Bow and Arrow
POWERS: Flight, vanishing wings, can pull weapon out of nowhere, omniscience, can sow greed and madness into the minds and souls of men, perfect aim.
PERSONALITY: Like the rest of the Chaos Angels, she has a “do the job and get it over with” attitude. She is also slightly hot-headed. She used to date Pox, the Angel of Pestilence, but dumped him because he's crazy.
BACKGROUND: Ezra, Amaz, Pox, and Lokist were the four Chaos Angels created by God as a counterbalance to the angels. Amaz did not obtain a charge immediately after creation, as the other three had already “taken all the good ones”. When the demons rebelled against Heaven, she realized that there may be a possible career in this new concept called “war”. Amaz has enjoyed a fairly wealthy lifestyle ever since.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM
SwinS at 1:49PM, Dec. 11, 2007
(offline)
Alias: Elisa
Totem Animal: Crow
Abilities: Sharp shootin' and some of that wacky injun magic.
Personality: Great sense of humor, but owns a bit of a mean streak.

Picture good ol'fashioned cowboys&indians. Now imagine if a Native American “shaman” was meshed with one of those vigilante cowboy types. Contradictory, yes, but makes for quite the colorful character that'd find itself at home in a spaghetti Western.

She's an ooold character, so this is an ooold crappily filtered sketch of her. New picture soon when I have access to my scanner. She looks the same, though, so this can be counted as what she officially looks like.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
Hero at 1:57PM, Dec. 11, 2007
(online)
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
Toadman at 3:48PM, Dec. 11, 2007
(offline)

Alias: Stripes
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: None
Attitude: Yes

Jessica is a young Super Hero in training in senic Fora City. She's the leader of the city's only crime-fighting duo, and therefore takes this responsibility above most things (except school, of course. She's got straight A's.). Her powers are simple enough: through the power given to her by her spiffy hat, Jessica is able to turn her hands into dark claws, and she can stretch her arms to an almost infinate length. Through many hours of testing, she's discovered that her claws can slice through just about any material, except for chocolate pudding. No idea why.

As far as personalities go, Jessica doesn't have the best. She likes to take her status as the best student in class, as well as the best hero in the city, to her head. Jessica is often rude, flirty, and sometimes chumy with her enemies. That doesn't mean, however, that she's to be taken for granted: Jessica can turn her attitude at a moment's notice, changing from some chick with a big hat who's hitting on you, to some chick with a bit hat who's hitting on you with a lamp post. So, you know, she can be a b***h.

I think that's all I've got on her…if you can't tell, I like hats.

EDIT: Oh, I probably should have mentioned, she's wearing a sleeveless sweater. She just ripped off the sleeves, the ones you see are part of her shirt.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
Captain Jim at 3:53PM, Dec. 11, 2007
(online)

Name: Robert “Unholy Bob” Knightsford
Weapons: Claws, The Meat Cleaver (the sword)
Powers: The Unholy Techniques (Unholy Blender, Unholy Toaster, Unholy Microwave, Unholy Freezer), able to “level up” (in classic RPG fasion), summoning “Minyuns” (the goombas of his world)
Bio: Unholy Bob is tired of being the mid-boss, and wishes to go out on his own. He was first seen as a spectator in the last Fightsplosion!, where he had a bit of a scuffle with Marty the Hobo. Now, it's personal. (He probably want to end the Security Emo as well)

<—- This image is broken, but I support Riot

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
Sea_Cow at 4:03PM, Dec. 11, 2007
(offline)

Name: Dirge
Personality: Usually laid-back, acts tough when he wants to impress someone. As a werewolf, he's generally brutal and will kill without hesitation.
Height: 6'3"
Powers: Mad gun skills, his badassery, werewolf transformation.
Weaknesses: Anything sexually arousing(Only works when human), silver(Only works when werewolf.), fatal wounds(Always works)
Lives: Anywhere that he can set up a tent.
Biography: Dirge, who spends most of his time drifting, accidentally lost his tent. Unfortunately, the cheapest place to buy one sold it for $50.00, money that Dirge did not have. He entered Fightsplosion to get money as a prize.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:25PM
Captain Jim at 4:07PM, Dec. 11, 2007
(online)
…is it wrong that when I look at Dirge, I think of Flint from Mother 3?

EDIT:
For those who don't know, this guy.

Sea_Cow at 4:24PM, Dec. 11, 2007
(offline)
Captain Jim
…is it wrong that when I look at Dirge, I think of Flint from Mother 3?

EDIT:
For those who don't know, this guy.

No, but it's amazing that you can associate that crappy drawing with anything. I salute you.

It's the cowboy hat, isn't it.

EDIT: Okay, now that you can actually see him, do you still think he looks like Flint?
Captain Jim at 4:49PM, Dec. 11, 2007
(online)
No, not really. In truth, it was the cowboy hat shading the eyes. Now he makes me think of some demented form of Alucard. If you can get more demented than he started..

Sea_Cow at 4:51PM, Dec. 11, 2007
(offline)
Captain Jim
No, not really. In truth, it was the cowboy hat shading the eyes. Now he makes me think of some demented form of Alucard. If you can get more demented than he started..

Alucard with facial hair.
Glarg at 5:05PM, Dec. 11, 2007
(offline)
Great to see you made CJ! I can't wait until our paths cross in FS, this is going to be epic!
Captain Jim at 11:02PM, Dec. 11, 2007
(online)
Glarg
I can't wait until our paths cross in FS, this is going to be epic!

Epic will be redefined as
“The clash between a dentally-challenged hobo and an RPG-esque purple-armor clad man.”

strong414bad at 5:28PM, Dec. 12, 2007
(online)

Name: Blue Flame Hair (or BFH)
Weight: Tip-Top Shape
Height: Average
Species: Human/Cartoon Character
Powers: Hands turn into any weapon he wants, feet have turbo boosters, he can shoot fire.
Bio: BFH is an actor who plays a character on a TV show, who happens to also be named BFH. BFH as a person is lazy, self-promoting, attention-grabbing, selfish, and generally a bad person. BFH as a character is the most awesome hero on earth and teaches the children lessons about how to live. When the cameras are rolling, BFH is a really nice person, but once they stop he can get ugly. BFH is at Fightsplosion because his TV show ran out of scripts because of the writer's strike, so instead of simply improvising they decided to promote the show in the most popular tournament of all time. Hilarity will ensue.

I'm redesigning BFH and am going to hand-draw him, so that bad MS Paint drawing will change soon, probably over the weekend.
Why hello there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:59PM
Atom Apple at 6:05PM, Dec. 12, 2007
(online)

1337 M4N UB3R H3R0!
He lives in the future! He has an ub3r bu573r! He's not at all a Megaman parody!

1337 M4n is from a future where 1337 is the official language of Earth and Earth B and is used in isolated parts of the Sun. The evil Steel Claw Syndicate, led by some mute dude with one eye or something, wants to take over Earth, Earth B, and isolated parts of the Sun. This brings 1337 M4n to the challenge of stopping them in the name of all that's 1337. He built a suit that does absolutely nothing interesting with a gun that shoots a magic dues ex machina ray. He also has jet boots or something else that explains why he's floating in the above picture. Maybe he has a man-sized slingshot. Oh yeah, he totally has a man-sized slingshot. It's in the closet in the 1337 C4v3. He also has a 1337 C4v3 where he goes to sulk over his dead parents. He also has dead parents. In his spare time he enjoys using time machines to fight in tournaments and long walks on the Sun's beaches. 1337 M4n is for external use only.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:05AM
Sea_Cow at 9:18PM, Dec. 12, 2007
(offline)
Atom Apple

1337 M4N UB3R H3R0!
He lives in the future! He has an ub3r bu573r! He's not at all a Megaman parody!

1337 M4n is from a future where 1337 is the official language of Earth and Earth B and is used in isolated parts of the Sun. The evil Steel Claw Syndicate, led by some mute dude with one eye or something, wants to take over Earth, Earth B, and isolated parts of the Sun. This brings 1337 M4n to the challenge of stopping them in the name of all that's 1337. He built a suit that does absolutely nothing interesting with a gun that shoots a magic dues ex machina ray. He also has jet boots or something else that explains why he's floating in the above picture. Maybe he has a man-sized slingshot. Oh yeah, he totally has a man-sized slingshot. It's in the closet in the 1337 C4v3. He also has a 1337 C4v3 where he goes to sulk over his dead parents. He also has dead parents. In his spare time he enjoys using time machines to fight in tournaments and long walks on the Sun's beaches. 1337 M4n is for external use only.

Children, let's all gather round and pray that our future will never resemble this.
Priceman at 9:28PM, Dec. 12, 2007
(online)
Sea_Cow
Atom Apple

1337 M4N UB3R H3R0!

Children, let's all gather round and pray that our future will never resemble this.

Hear, Hear!

9, possibly 10 (if SwinS gets a bio up), entries. 6, possibly 7, spots to go. Wonder who else will join the fray.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Mister Kent at 11:32PM, Dec. 12, 2007
(online)
I'd like to try! I'll get ya a bio pic!

Name: Ezra Kandel
Species: Human..ish
Trick: “Warlockery” (or whatever spells he can pull from his you-know)
Secret Abilities: Being not as emo as he looks, atrocious fashion sense, mooching
Weapons: DETERMINATION!, good ol' fashioned fisticuffs, a little magic lightning (how ‘bout that?)

Pandemonium Inc. has sent Ez to battle in Fightsplosion for glory and vengeance…and to get him out of the office once in a while.

Sorry about the big pic…but if you’d ask Ezra, he'd say it deserves to be bigger. *grumble* What's his problem anyway..?

Man, I'd give my drawing arm to fight any one of yas, but Ezra's probably gunning for the supernatural types (I'd bet he'd be after Stripes but for different reasons)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
Atom Apple at 5:34AM, Dec. 13, 2007
(online)
Priceman
Sea_Cow
Atom Apple

1337 M4N UB3R H3R0!

Hear, Hear!
Second'd.

Even though you know it's going to happen anyway.
Glarg at 12:56PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
Dan the Man
Aw, Damn! How do I put a picture on?

You start with
Sea_Cow at 4:26PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(offline)
Try MS paint. Anybody can draw a purple echidna on MS paint.
FoxmanZEO at 5:01PM, Dec. 13, 2007
(online)
Name:Emissary Atomika.

Lost in space for seven hundred million years, an ancient, space based, robotic war fighter, thinks it's found home.

Arsenal: Two main energy emitter (EE) rings, backup EE stubs.

Strengths and capabilities: The Emissary multi-purpose fighter, was designed with the versatility to perform all of the usual warship combat and demolition duties. Acting in teams, their combined energy manipulation can effectively let them perform the duties of a complete military unit, without fatigue or confusion. The (thought to be) outdated EE ring, can act as both a simple but powerful ‘universal charge well’, and a basic energy controller. A single fighter is quite formidable and can sometimes be ingenious in it's ways, however…

Shortfalls: …since one unit has little control over the flow of the emission after it's left the ring's direct proximity, multiple Emissary fighters are needed to do anything very focussed or even slightly complicated. Without the support of it's comrades, the Emissary has no means of repair, and may even begin to wander randomly, without frequent instruction.

In any form of atmosphere, the old EE technology can build up an uncontrollable static. A team will utilize this to their advantage, but it has been discovered that an individual will be entirely unaware that the build-up even exists. Oft surprised when it starts to arc sporadically.

(I am so procrastinating right now.)
'Who must do the hard things?

He who can.'

-Confucius.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Atom Apple at 1:52PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(online)
We can't see it either. Because you need to upload it, take out the “author pic”, and paste the address in the middle of the image tags.
Glarg at 2:19PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(offline)
Also please delete the previous failed attempt posts. Double posting sort of classifies as spam. :)
Atom Apple at 2:08PM, Dec. 15, 2007
(online)
I think he gave up.
Avalon comics at 4:11PM, Dec. 15, 2007
(online)
THANK GOODNESS I'M NOT TOO LATE!

Phew, it's 12:00 over here, so it's too late to scan without waking my family.
I'll try to get my picture up by (edit) MONDAY.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:12AM
Dan the Man at 9:25AM, Dec. 16, 2007
(offline)
I'm not finished Yet!

Quote: Gingerbread Man From Timesplitters 3: Bite My Crunchy Brown Ass.
Best. Catchphrase. Ever.

Britain Rocks! God Save The Queen…
Randomness Rocks!Read Charged Chaos(Now Joinable!)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
Dan the Man at 9:28AM, Dec. 16, 2007
(offline)
I
My screen sucks.

Internet, my mistake.
Quote: Gingerbread Man From Timesplitters 3: Bite My Crunchy Brown Ass.
Best. Catchphrase. Ever.

Britain Rocks! God Save The Queen…
Randomness Rocks!Read Charged Chaos(Now Joinable!)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved