Fightsplosion!

Fightsplosion 5 -- Signups
BlkKnight at 8:19AM, July 17, 2009
(online)
While the fate of Fightsplosion 4 is up in the air, there has been a general agreement to start up Fightsplosion 5 in the meantime. So without further ado, I present Fightsplosion 5: Fivesplosion.

Character Host: This Fightsplosion will have its own guest host to call the shots and interact with the contending characters. For FS5, it will be Crossing Death's very own vertically-challenged goddess of illusion, Isis. Considering she received a generous offal donation from ThatGuy in FS4, she wanted to take her own stab at running the place. Other than announcing the winners and fight locations, most of what she'd do in the competition is in the background to contestants unless they feel the need for a dispute or something.

Brackets: FS5 will feature the traditional 16-contestant, single-bracket tournament. Initial pairings will be generated via randomizer.org.

Entry: Once again, standard fare. Picture, name, and bio are required; anything else is up to you. As expected, the standard restrictions apply.
–No sprite-based artwork is allowed.
–All characters must be your own. No derivative work will be allowed unless it is a derivative of your own original creation (i.e. No “Zoom” the Hedgehogs).
–Character image must be up within five (5) days of posting.

Round Information:

Prelims: Standard FightSplosion fare. Some arenas may have weapon restrictions.

Quarter-Finals: The non-violent round. Competitors will have to compete through means other than beating each other to a pulp. NPC bystanders are fair game unless noted otherwise.

Semi-Finals: The “we're not alone” round. Both competitors will be targets of the arena's numerous NPCs. Whether the competitors team up or fight each other is up to them.

Finals: Not to be disclosed upon penalty of being Isis's next offal donor.

Participants:

01- Sheriff Cactus by Toadman
02- “Bobby” by Nako
03- Opheelius Marx by Nicol3
04- Marty the Hobo by Glarg
05- Duzui by ParkerFarker
06- Fiery by martinlo_23
07- 42 by alejkhan
08- The Horny Ninja by Warspritecomic
09- Cat-Man-Chibi-Thingy by TheFlyingGreenMonkey
10- The Ames Owl by Rokulily
11- Yaten by Harkovast
12- Lord Torturemire by Sticking
13- Stickman by Product Placement
14- Barry McSharkington by Crocty
15- The Vagabond Surgeon by kitty17
16- Hallie Bard, Female Lawyer by Pastel

Backup 1-
Backup 2-

Have fun, and fight on!
That's “Dr. BlkKnight” to all of you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
Warspritecomic at 9:40AM, July 17, 2009
(online)
Well, for the first time I'm not entering. Mainly because as well as not being a great artist and unlikely to pass the first round, I've steadily gotten worse. My first works were a lot better than what I can produce now.

But for anyone unsure, enter anyway. It's so much fun.
FIGHTSPLOSION 5!!! IT HAS 2 ALIENS, A PIRATE, A HORNY NINJA AND A HOMOCIDAL FIRE PRODUCING PENGUIN! AND A BIRD WOMAN AND A CAT WOMAN!

Also a mute that reminds me of Johnny Bravo and Samuel L Jackson at the same time!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
Bocaj at 12:45PM, July 17, 2009
(online)
For now, I'm sitting this out, sorry guys. Busy with college apps and all that shat…

Don't read Rape.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
FoxmanZEO at 1:44PM, July 17, 2009
(online)
I will officialy join when I actually have a picture, in case I change my mind.
Just wanted to post so it didn't look so grim. :\
'Who must do the hard things?

He who can.'

-Confucius.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
BlkKnight at 3:36PM, July 17, 2009
(online)
Bocaj
For now, I'm sitting this out, sorry guys. Busy with college apps and all that shat…

College is very important, so I respect your decision.
BlkKnight at 10:16AM, July 19, 2009
(online)
Alright, you are officially the first entrant.

Participant list is now added to the first post.
AccoSpoot at 10:23AM, July 19, 2009
(offline)
Abscham, now in glorious full colour!!! :D

Name:Kap'n Abscham
Artist: AccoSpoot
Likes: Looting, Wimminzfolk, Gyaaar and the cool smooth sounds of the Mississippi blues.
Dislikes: His friends, losing, his wife and working for his money.
Weapons: Lever action Blunderbuss, Choppa.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
Nako at 5:08AM, July 29, 2009
(online)
Oh wow…

May I sign up?

Name: Like

Don't let his name (or rather, nickname) fool you. He's a very ill-tempered person, easily annoyed and all that. Aside from that, he also has a tendency to go crazy, wreck stuff and hurt people (and animals) in his path, and (most often) gain the ability to speak this weird language which might just be gibberish… Oh well. (By the way, he doesn't have his weird super strength and gibberish when he's not crazy. He can somehow “think” when he's going nuts, but in a different way.)

He is currently in therapy, but who knows if it helps, considering that the institution he goes to for therapy is full of mentally ill people who have super powers.

EDIT: There are pictures now! But they're so huge and I really don't have time to resize them, I had to link them. By the way, I made three. =^_^=

this is the colored pic for those who will be working in color (not really obvious though, both hair and eyes are brown-black or something…)
this is when he's calm (or at least trying to be)
he doesn't just wear formal clothing, he wears costumes too!
Nya!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
BlkKnight at 5:47AM, July 31, 2009
(online)
Like and the Captain are both officially registered for the event.

I'm also making good progress on developing the different arenas. By the time there's enough contestants I should have all 15 venues planned out.
Nicol3 at 3:23PM, July 31, 2009
(offline)

Name: Opheelius Marx, Nicknamed O'Phee

Orgin: Unknown

O'Phee suffers from a long-strung gambling problem that has resulted in the alienation of his (remaining) family and friends. His “cute”, charming exterior is greatly overshadowed by his deeply-ingrained desire to win. Obsessed with achieving high-end status by any means necessary, O'phee's demonic nature has manifested itself into a physical sub-being.

Sadistic and lusting of all power, Opheelius strides on as a two-sided creature, willing to tear the flesh from anyone who opposes him.
My comics. Take a whiff!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
Glarg at 4:02PM, July 31, 2009
(offline)

Name: PCP McTurpentine (Stage name:Pugglefuck)
Species: Gelatonic Zurg Toad
Preference: Straight (presumably)
Weapons: Hidden beneath his Lab coat is a codpiece attached to the outside of a rainbow striped man-thong. It has the ability to fire seven different colors of the rainbow spectrum as highly dangerous laserbeams by pelvic thrust.
Weaknesses: He's about the height of a two-liter bottle.
Bio:
The Rainbow Rapists (the greatest metal hair band in all of the cosmos) have been going on their five eon rock-tour around the universe for about five eons in coutning. Their music was so metal that it literally rocked the very flesh off of their entire audience within just five seconds of their stage performances. Pugglefuck made a sweet living off of snorting cocaine in vinyards and wailing banshee shrieks into his microphone for a large chunk of his disgustingly long life.
But all of that changed when they landed on the last vinyard for their tour: Earth, a place infested with hairless sea-monkeys that walked on two legs, released foul smelling secretions, and lived in a pitifully low era called “the 80's”. The Rainbow Rapists interstellar escalade imploded on impact of earths crust, due to the fact that the low life forms had not yet learned of tractor-beams or anti-gravity.
Eventually due to lack of hot alien squid babes on this underdeveloped planet, the band split up in search of a way out of that shithole called earth and back into the interstellar limelight!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
BlkKnight at 5:01PM, Aug. 1, 2009
(online)
Both of you have been added.

Also added some information about the the rounds.
ParkerFarker at 3:05AM, Aug. 6, 2009
(online)
I have not done a Fightsplosion before, but it sounds extremely awesome.

In order to sign up, I give the picture of my character, his name, and his bio?
And then I get paired up with another contestant and we draw fights between other people's characters?

if so I would quite like to sign up, first I need to come up with a character.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
BlkKnight at 3:37AM, Aug. 6, 2009
(online)
That's pretty much it.

Pic, Name, Bio, and any other interesting tidbits you'd like to add that the bio doesn't cover.
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 10:49PM, Aug. 9, 2009
(offline)
I might do it this time simply out of the shame that I've never actually done something in this community.

How long's this expected to last, a few years?
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
ParkerFarker at 1:25AM, Aug. 10, 2009
(online)
Duzui

Bio: Duzui was born Tracey DeFilio, and without a mouth. He lived his childhood alone with his skateboard. His father managed a big iron ore comapny while his mother taught cooking. Despite having no friends, he was content with his life. He lived in Soho NY. There he spent his nights living on benches and steps. One night, when he was 19, Tracey spontaneously decided to become a hitman. He didn't like his name though, he could never be taken seriously with it, so he changed it to Duzui. Or “to smother/silence” in Chinese (I think) because he was silenced his whole life. No mouth, no words. This is how he came to be one of the worlds deadliest men.
Weapons: Skateboard (It's deadlier than you think), kung-fu, and a silenced pistol.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
Warspritecomic at 4:37AM, Aug. 10, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
Duzui

Bio: Duzui was born Tracey DeFilio, and without a mouth. He lived his childhood alone with his skateboard. His father managed a big iron ore comapny while his mother taught cooking. Despite having no friends, he was content with his life. He lived in Soho NY. There he spent his nights living on benches and steps. One night, when he was 19, Tracey spontaneously decided to become a hitman. He didn't like his name though, he could never be taken seriously with it, so he changed it to Duzui. Or “to smother/silence” in Chinese (I think) because he was silenced his whole life. No mouth, no words. This is how he came to be one of the worlds deadliest men.
Weapons: Skateboard (It's deadlier than you think), kung-fu, and a silenced pistol.

Oh sweet. I can just imaginge Samuel L Jackson playing that character. And he probably will, since he has voiced over the game Afro Samurai…
FIGHTSPLOSION 5!!! IT HAS 2 ALIENS, A PIRATE, A HORNY NINJA AND A HOMOCIDAL FIRE PRODUCING PENGUIN! AND A BIRD WOMAN AND A CAT WOMAN!

Also a mute that reminds me of Johnny Bravo and Samuel L Jackson at the same time!
BlkKnight at 6:31AM, Aug. 10, 2009
(online)
Atom Apple
I might do it this time simply out of the shame that I've never actually done something in this community.

How long's this expected to last, a few years?

After the signups are done, it should be a couple of months depending on how far you get in the competition.
ParkerFarker at 7:04AM, Aug. 10, 2009
(online)
Warspritecomic
Oh sweet. I can just imaginge Samuel L Jackson playing that character. And he probably will, since he has voiced over the game Afro Samurai…

yeah, he might be able to play the part if he isn't too tired from these muthafuckin' snakes on this muthafuckin' plaaanne.

martinlo_23 at 1:51PM, Aug. 10, 2009
(offline)
I will post image later. I have to make a comic or I just talk here?

Image posted.It isnt too much but…it works.

Name:Fiery.
Bio: After attacking the Antartic,accidently, he comes to Fightsploshion to put a fight! Dont understimate him, he will kick your ass.He got his powers by a strange mutation when a meteorite crashed the antartic.
Powers: Fire, can make a shield of fire, a “Chaos Blast” of Fire and importantly fire powers. Also has a hoverboard.
Weapons:Just his ‘ol confiable fire powers.
Why he entered? The penguins kicked him out of the Antartic, he pissed off, and wants his reputation back.Being his first Fightsploshion, he knows he will do alright.
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
alejkhan at 1:40AM, Aug. 11, 2009
(online)
(Just to be polite and ask: Is it alright to submit a previously entered character? If not, let me know, and I'll change it!)

Background:

After being defeated in the Fightsplosion I semi-finals, 42 was reunited with her 40 Series companions. 42 learns that she is 1 of 10 alien life forms imbued with the ability to evolve, transform, and imitate any life form on an alien planet in order to adapt to it. The 40 Series was sent to Earth to research it, but they crashed into a satellite on the way, causing 42's stasis chamber to dislodge and crash on the planet before she could fully form. Once back with her crew, they attempted to fix the damage done to 42 by the crash and subsequent imprisonment in an insane asylum. Alas, the damage to her brain is irrevocable, so 42 continues to be more or less totally insane. Despite the madness, things seemed to be going quite well for 42 and the 40 Series for a time, but one day, while the rest of the 40 Series were out on a routine mission exploring Earth's oceans, 42 escaped the confines of their space ship and wandered off, seemingly drawn back to the last thing she remembers…FIGHTSPLOSION!

Original BIO

Name: 42, named after the number tattooed on her leg, plus it’s the answer.

Height: 5 ft 6 in/1m 68cm

Personality: 42 is a blank slate. She will reflect the stronger personality traits of the beings with whom she might interact. Otherwise she is quite devoid of personality or emotion, unless she is under hypnosis – then she goes a little berserk.

History: 6 years ago, 42 was arrested and found guilty of disturbing the peace, public indecency, destruction of public and private property, and aggravated assault. She was however deemed insane and appropriately sent to an asylum for treatment in lieu of incarceration. She spent most of the time in solitary confinement because despite treatments, her personality reflection quirk worked overtime amongst her mentally disturbed inmates. During her last session with her psychiatrist, 42 was put into a hypnotic state in order to help delve into her past. At some point during the process, 42 snapped and rampaged throughout the asylum, destroying a good portion of it and severely injuring 6 orderlies. She broke out, and is now wandering the country, looking for more information as to her origin, avoiding pursuit, and generally causing mayhem wherever she goes.

Abilities: 42 has enhanced senses, agility, strength, stamina, and intelligence. (Think a little bit above an Olympic caliber gymnast + genius + various superior animal senses.) She can perfectly mimic the abilities of any being she interacts with, but will immediately forget those abilities if she cannot see that being. She can heal most minor wounds within a half an hour, severe to fatal wounds could take a day. The less she moves around, the faster she can heal.

Weapons: 42 will use whatever is available. She especially likes to use the long sleeves on her straight-jacket to choke people.

Random quirks: While in the asylum, 42 picked up the habit of pulling out her own hair and tends to zone out while she does it. When she hasn’t been around anyone for a while, she becomes so blank that she’ll stand perfectly still and uncontrollably drool until something grabs her attention.

Most likely the new costume she'll be using in the fight:

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
BlkKnight at 6:11AM, Aug. 11, 2009
(online)
A previous character that made it to the Semi-finals from FS1 should be okay. If it was a finalist, I might be more hesitant. Plus the tournament could use some female entrants.
alejkhan at 10:06AM, Aug. 11, 2009
(online)
BlkKnight: *Phew* Thanks. I just felt nostalgic for her when I saw Fightsplosion was having another round. I thought it might be cool to revive her.

I look forward to the battle!
martinlo_23 at 7:59PM, Aug. 11, 2009
(offline)
It's individual fight right?
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
BlkKnight at 9:08PM, Aug. 11, 2009
(online)
Yes, these are one-on-one battles.

Also, the drawing practice thread is open (Never too soon to start), and I've devised all 15 arenas for the competition. It's going to be fun.
ParkerFarker at 5:52PM, Aug. 12, 2009
(online)
When you say you've devised all 15 arenas, does that mean that only you know them or can I find out?

BlkKnight at 7:36PM, Aug. 12, 2009
(online)
The arenas are traditionally kept a secret as part of the fun. They will be quite diverse though.
Warspritecomic at 3:34AM, Aug. 13, 2009
(online)
OH nostalgia with 42. I remember her, and I'm growing to love your art style even more Alejkhan.

Also, she's grown hair!

alejkhan at 10:22AM, Aug. 13, 2009
(online)
Warspritecomic
OH nostalgia with 42. I remember her, and I'm growing to love your art style even more Alejkhan.

Also, she's grown hair!

Thanks, Warspritecomic! 42 has been hanging around her own kind and was more stable for a time, so she didn't succumb to her trichotillomania (or compulsive hair pulling).

I'm glad I'm not the only one still around from Fightsplosion I! I wonder if anyone remembers the one that came before Fightsplosion I, that I also participated in and failed horribly in the first round….. :P
BlkKnight at 12:57PM, Aug. 13, 2009
(online)
I didn't come to DD until the semis of FS2. I wasn't aware there was something that predated Fightsplosion.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved