MAFIA... and other forum games

Forum Fighters! Hosted by Mettaur, Harkovast, and TheFlyingGreenMonkey!
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:06PM, March 23, 2010
(offline)
Fun box, oh funbox,
Small and square and dark!
Fun box, oh funbox,
Check out the cool big locks!

*aaaaah…*
*splash*

viking go WOOT!

If you vote viking this guy will show you even more of his uncovered body. An ass for more ass, eh?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Mettaur at 4:51PM, March 23, 2010
(offline)
Well thanks for being so patient guys. My laptop broke later, I was planning to say the fighter a little while after the Spartan was announced, but a laptop having died, I could not do that. I am using my dad's computer at the moment, contest starts as soon as I announce our mystery warrior, and then it ends a week from then!
And the mystery challenger is…..

The Mongol Warrior! Votes begin on my next post.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
Mettaur at 4:52PM, March 23, 2010
(offline)
This post is reseved for votes only.

Votes for the Spartan: 2
Votes for the Mongol: 2
Who voted for the Spartan: Product Placement, I Am The 1337 Master.
Who voted for the Mongol: ParkerFarker, Salsa.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 12:58AM, March 24, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
This post is reseved for votes only.

Votes for the Spartan: 0 :(
Votes for the Mongol: 0 :(
Who voted for the Spartan: No one. :(
Who voted for the Mongol: No one. :(
Well its a hard decission for me. I don't really know the logistics between horse back vs foot. I'm not sure if Spartans have ever really faced horse back opponents. I'm pretty sure a spear or pike is the best weapon a foot soldier could use agianst someone on horse. Spartans have a spear but I'm not sure how long their spear is. I need to do research before I make up my mind. Or a person should come on here and explain it more to me.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
ParkerFarker at 1:32AM, March 24, 2010
(online)
Ah ha, another choice that Rome: Total War can dictate for me. But first I must know, are we talking one-on-one battle or like a legion of mongolians vs. a legion of spartans? In my opinion the results are different.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:39AM, March 24, 2010
(online)
ParkerFarker
Ah ha, another choice that Rome: Total War can dictate for me. But first I must know, are we talking one-on-one battle or like a legion of mongolians vs. a legion of spartans? In my opinion the results are different.
These matches are one-on-one unless stated other wise.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
ParkerFarker at 1:47AM, March 24, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
ParkerFarker
These matches are one-on-one unless stated other wise.
Well in that case I'm votin' for the Mongol! If the Spartans had a phalanx formation set up the Mongols wouldn't stand a chance. But one-on-one I reckon the Mongol has the upper hand because of his horse and superior armour.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Product Placement at 10:01AM, March 24, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Well its a hard decission for me. I don't really know the logistics between horse back vs foot. I'm not sure if Spartans have ever really faced horse back opponents. I'm pretty sure a spear or pike is the best weapon a foot soldier could use agianst someone on horse. Spartans have a spear but I'm not sure how long their spear is. I need to do research before I make up my mind. Or a person should come on here and explain it more to me.
Their spears were pretty long and they mastered the Phalanx formation which is this:

It was a pretty devastating form of defensive/offensive tactic which was largely responsible for the success that Alexander the Great had during his times of conquest and was the tactic that the Spartans used against Xerxes when he attempted to invade Europe (They would never have broken formation like they did in 300). It had one obvious flaw which were the poorly defended flanks along with a very slow turning rate which meant that fast moving opponents could easily attack them from the sides. With sufficient numbers though, such problems could easily be circumvented by arranging the army in a way so that the flanks were better protected.

In a case of 1 vs 1 fight, we can largely ignore this fact since you need a fairly sizable team to pull it off. However, Spartans specialized with spears and were masters with it. In addition to that, the Spartan would be far more mobile now that he's free from that formation. In a full battle gear, I would say that the Spartan has the advantage in this one. Since he's not relying on the Phalanx maneuver the Spartan would be using a shorter spear then the one in the above picture to take advantage of the improved mobility. None the less, the reach that the spear provides would the perfect tool against a mounted opponent.

…And that goes to say that my vote is for the Spartan.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Mettaur at 3:51PM, March 24, 2010
(offline)
Hey guys, since Zeph is only human…I think…he can't make art for every single episode of Forum Fighters, so I'm asking you, the fans, to draw your fanart for Forum Fighters when he can't! Let's allow Zeph to rest, even just drawing one of the contestants works, fighting of them both would be better though. So come on, For Forum Fighters! (Mettaur then nervously loads his anti-artist-cyobrg lazer missile gun)
Salsa at 1:54PM, March 25, 2010
(offline)
I'm going to have to go with the Mongolian on this one for one reason. They were masters of the Bow and Arrow and could shoot at full speed from the back of a horse. If I'm wrong correct me, but I believe that most Mongolian troops were trained in this art and had to be very adept at it. So Mongolian!
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Mettaur at 2:29PM, March 25, 2010
(offline)
Alright, not so good at these “went this far” thing, but I'll give it a try…

A happy 101 to Forum Fighters! When I started this, I didn't know people would enjoy it! I thought it would just drift away, but it stays on the front page! Thanks guys, Me, Hark, and Monkey are a big part of the thread, but an even bigger part is you, the fans. Without you, the thread wouldn't be that much. Thanks for voting and enjoying so far, and I hope you continue to do so in the future!
Product Placement at 7:32AM, March 26, 2010
(online)
Salsa
I'm going to have to go with the Mongolian on this one for one reason. They were masters of the Bow and Arrow and could shoot at full speed from the back of a horse. If I'm wrong correct me, but I believe that most Mongolian troops were trained in this art and had to be very adept at it. So Mongolian!
Ah, but but you see, the Spartan is facing a Heavy Warrior, not an archer. The majority of the Mongolian army were lightly armored archers but about a third of them were heavily armored fighters equipped with swords and lances, in case they needed to go into close combat. This soldier is not specialized with a bow and is likely to not be equipped with one. If the spartan was facing a Mongolian archer things would be different. The archer would never allow the Spartan to get close to him and would instead focus on engaging him in ranged combat.

This battle will be resolved, up close and personal.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Mettaur at 11:04AM, March 26, 2010
(offline)
Was I descriptive enough for the opponents this match? Also, wow, not many votes this time…is the thread dying or something? Or do people still think I haven't announced the mystery fighter?
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:38PM, March 30, 2010
(offline)
This is motherbugging sparta.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvl3WBK55Ho
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Mettaur at 7:07PM, March 30, 2010
(offline)
Well, I added 1337's vote but it was too late. The Mongol wins! Hooray! Now, rage and celebrate and brag, at least show that at least someone still cares about Forum Fighters, because no one seems to care about it anymore…
Mettaur at 3:01PM, April 7, 2010
(offline)
Okay, sorry folks, we had to sort a few things out, but don't worry, Forum Fighters is NOT dying. We just needed to find a new artist since Zeph left. And I can tell you, this one is certainly promising. But, we still need some time to think up a new vote, so send us your requests for a fighter! As soon as I get two fighters that are a interesting match, we can begin! So start sending your requests, more than one fighter idea can be requested!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon