Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Free Mirror Comic with Google Ads
Ice 9 at 6:00AM, May 28, 2011
(online)
Free Mirror Comic with Google Ads

I there, Drunk Duckers, when we had our last major tech issues I was advised to create a mirror comic site. Well, I made a mirror comic on Blogspot.

This isn’t the best idea in the world, but I setup a comic in five minutes with Google ads because I already had a Google account. Given that we will no longer be able to put Google ads on our comic’s pages if you already have a Google account this is an easy alternative.

I set the comic to update at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM until it catches up with the Drunk Duck copy.

You can check out the mirror
http://jonnyamerican.blogspot.com/

And look at the Drunk Duck comic

Adventures of Jonny American

If anyone knows a better site for a mirror comic I’d like to hear about it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
ozoneocean at 9:49PM, June 7, 2011
(online)
That's a good idea! ^_^

There are lots of free comic hosts these days. Comic Genesis is a venerable old gal that people should never forget and they're quite big! There's smack jeeves, comic dish, Pow comics, Wevolt, The Rampage network, webcomics nation and a whole host of other new sprogs on the block! -just do a google search.

It's not like it was back years ago when there was only the originals like DD and Keen Space and nothing else, these days there are lots of alternatives to try out!

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
Ice 9 at 3:31PM, June 12, 2011
(online)
Yeah, but how many of them are as easy to use as the one I use. I had a comic genesis account at one time, but I don't know HTML so I couldn't get it rolling. It took me less than five minutes to get this account up with advertisement so I could make money off it.

I'm only pointing this one out because it's so easy.

I know Smack Jeeves is limited if you don't want to pay for it.

As far as the others I haven't messed with them yet.

Do you know any real good points of those sites?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
lorddaius at 3:13PM, July 19, 2011
(offline)
I am new to DD.  Do you know how to point your site at the mirror should something go wrong here?  I don't see the option anywhere.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved