Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Free TTS Software?
Walrus at 1:44PM, Oct. 22, 2008
(online)
Could someone PLEASE find a text to speech software that is completely free (absolutely no purchasing at all) and is available with many voices like Mike and Robosoft Two. Also, it must be available for a Microsoft download. Thanks.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
Ochitsukanai at 6:52PM, Oct. 22, 2008
(online)
Panopreter?

I haven't used it, but you can also get it on zdnet, download.com, softpedia, and such. I looked it up and don't see reports of it causing horrible problems for people, so I hope it'll help you.

edit: You would need to find your own voices for it, but it seems like this will help you, so long as the free voices are compatible.

I'm not sure how I feel about this other freeware TTS reader, but I wanna point out that there's a picture of Squall from Final Fantasy VIII on it for some reason. I don't know if you'll be able to save the files as Panopreter seems to.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Walrus at 12:35PM, Oct. 23, 2008
(online)
Thanks, but I want to save the files as an audio file. Does that make sense? If you could, please find a software that could save what I type as an audio file Panopreter doesn't. Thanks.

Ochitsukanai at 10:25AM, Oct. 25, 2008
(online)
According to its website, Panopreter will save audio files for you in either .wav or .mp3 formats, which is why I recommended it above the other one…

Also, the screenshot of it here shows a “Save to audio” button. Does it not work correctly for you?

If it's that you don't want .wav or mp3, you can convert them to other formats using other programs (I use Winamp). I'm sorry if I misunderstand your problem, though.

Walrus at 2:58PM, Oct. 25, 2008
(online)
It works, just one problem, when I added it to iTunes and played it, it said, “This file has been made by Panopreter…” and so on. Then it began where the actual things I typed and finished it all the way. Is there anyway I can get rid of the beginning of the file where it advertizes Panopreter? Thanks for all the help. (I hope that made sense)

Ochitsukanai at 7:15PM, Oct. 27, 2008
(online)
Oh, I see now! I bet someone else has a better solution than me, but I'd use a program that records what you're listening to.

You would press “record” right after the “this file has been made by Panopreter” bit, and it would make a new file without that part. Then you could delete the original and keep the one without Panopreter ads.

Alternatively, you could simply use a reader and have the program record the part you want directly.

I should find you a recorder if I'm gonna recommend it, right? I used to use this one, though sometimes it was a bit slow and troublesome. Still, it's freeware, unlike Total Recorder. It can be used for a few things…

If someone else has a better answer to this question (I'm sure there must be one), I hope they'll post it.

ozoneocean at 9:45PM, Oct. 27, 2008
(online)
Ochitsukanai makes a great suggestion there.

Since it exports as a Wav file, you could probably also just import it into the free sound recorder that comes with Windows and manually edit out the beginning and end. But then you have to encode it as an MP3 or whatever format you want. There are a lot of great free MP3 encoders around. You could even get Audiogalaxy and use that as your editing tool, and also set that up with its MP3 encoding options.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
Walrus at 1:45PM, Oct. 28, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
Ochitsukanai makes a great suggestion there.

Since it exports as a Wav file, you could probably also just import it into the free sound recorder that comes with Windows and manually edit out the beginning and end. But then you have to encode it as an MP3 or whatever format you want. There are a lot of great free MP3 encoders around. You could even get Audiogalaxy and use that as your editing tool, and also set that up with its MP3 encoding options.

I already have an audio file converter. But I'll look for that Windows program on my computer. Thanks.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved