Fightsplosion!

FS4 Predictions?
Glarg at 9:56AM, Aug. 31, 2008
(offline)
As draxenn announced, FS4 would be starting REALLY soon…so I believe the appropriate time to try to guess and predict what we'll see in the next Fightsplosion installment should commence. If by some freak accident that had rendered you imaginationless occurred and you cannot guess or predict anything then just throw around some ideas, FS4 could hold a plethora of suprises! :O

Wasn't there a tag team idea around here once?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
Signz at 8:31AM, Sept. 1, 2008
(offline)
A tag team idea? Now THAT would be cool. We all get paired up and fight with someone else. *drool

I have no idea when it'll start, but i'm really looking forward to FS4

:D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
Glarg at 9:39AM, Sept. 1, 2008
(offline)
I'm hoping we get some new blood in here, as well as some popular DDers that seemed to not have ventured into this section.

Also, we REALLY need the admins to announce when Fightsplosion starts and ends in the announcements…there's not alot of people here so voting would REALLY suck.
Signz at 2:55PM, Sept. 1, 2008
(offline)
yeah, this place definatly needs more exposure, its really awesome but i would have really liked to find it sooner.

Toadman at 8:02PM, Sept. 1, 2008
(offline)
More exposure would be great. The banners in the signatures are a good start, but we need more. Before the next tournament starts, someone should mention it to those who make the announcements.

As for new features, I think tag-teaming is a great idea. I also had a thought that each round have a theme. Like, the first round can be a race(on foot, in karts, in planes, on trains, with a fox, to a box, what have you), and you have to stop your opponent from reaching the finish line by any means necessary. And the next round would be something different like…interpretive dance or something…And then the next round could be something like “fight your opponent while trying to escape an erupting volcano/building with a bomb/pack of velociraptors”.

What do you guys think?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
Glarg at 3:00PM, Sept. 2, 2008
(offline)
Toadman
More exposure would be great. The banners in the signatures are a good start, but we need more. Before the next tournament starts, someone should mention it to those who make the announcements.

As for new features, I think tag-teaming is a great idea. I also had a thought that each round have a theme. Like, the first round can be a race(on foot, in karts, in planes, on trains, with a fox, to a box, what have you), and you have to stop your opponent from reaching the finish line by any means necessary. And the next round would be something different like…interpretive dance or something…And then the next round could be something like “fight your opponent while trying to escape an erupting volcano/building with a bomb/pack of velociraptors”.

What do you guys think?

I love the idea!
Infact, I've been waiting for a “dance-off” theme ever since I saw Radec's gnome take on SarahN's gothic vampire.
Signz at 4:37PM, Sept. 2, 2008
(offline)
Glarg
I love the idea!
Infact, I've been waiting for a “dance-off” theme ever since I saw Radec's gnome take on SarahN's gothic vampire.

Something about that… doesn't… seem right…. oh well.

Maybe we could get some of the suprah popular comics to throw in a character? Cru the Dwarf Vs Layla from Plastic? orr…. ask them nicely to make a filler page promoting fightsplosion?
Glarg at 3:51AM, Sept. 3, 2008
(offline)
Signz
Glarg
I love the idea!

Something about that… doesn't… seem right…. oh well.

Maybe we could get some of the suprah popular comics to throw in a character? Cru the Dwarf Vs Layla from Plastic? orr…. ask them nicely to make a filler page promoting fightsplosion?

Don't judge me man! D:

That also kind of makes it seem like we're being alittle “needy”. They should be doing it on their own accord for whenever they want to, not being asked. Besides, the authors are probably busy.
draxenn at 2:38AM, Sept. 4, 2008
(online)
I think the reason the dance off had it's charm was because it just happened out of the blue.
Although I enjoy setting the theme as far as props and settings go, i think i'd rather leave the general theme of each fight to the players.

Hey Glarg. Do you think you could make a nice pretty pretty banner for FS 4?

I suggest we brainstorm and get a decent tag line…something like

“Fightsplosion: Action packed action!”
“Fights, knights, rings and things…all in Fightsplosion”
“Fightsplosion…where you can beat up your friends AND strangers”

you get the idea.

reason I ask is that I'd like to request a banner ad be placed on the main page. They had one for civil war for quite some time and that is no longer running. This has had 3 incarnations and we're working on a 4th.

I'll see about speaking with the admins to find out what our possibilities are.

FS 3 was very under advertised and I have no one to blame but myself. So i'm going to try it one more time and see if I can get it right. Get some advertising, get people motivated, and get it done right.

If you have any suggestions you`d like to offer to make fs bigger badder and better, feel free to post it or pq me.

Also, I want to thank all the participants to stuck through FS3. I know we hit many rough spots with people dropping in and out. So a heartfelt thanks to you all who stuck around till the end.

I`m working on a ruleset for fs4 that will allow for tag team fights. So you might want to consider networking with other artists if you want to participate in fs4.

Screw the money! I have RULES!
. o O ( Evil )
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
Glarg at 3:53AM, Sept. 4, 2008
(offline)
draxenn
I think the reason the dance off had it's charm was because it just happened out of the blue.
Although I enjoy setting the theme as far as props and settings go, i think i'd rather leave the general theme of each fight to the players.

Hey Glarg. Do you think you could make a nice pretty pretty banner for FS 4?

I suggest we brainstorm and get a decent tag line…something like

“Fightsplosion: Action packed action!”
“Fights, knights, rings and things…all in Fightsplosion”
“Fightsplosion…where you can beat up your friends AND strangers”

you get the idea.

reason I ask is that I'd like to request a banner ad be placed on the main page. They had one for civil war for quite some time and that is no longer running. This has had 3 incarnations and we're working on a 4th.

I'll see about speaking with the admins to find out what our possibilities are.

FS 3 was very under advertised and I have no one to blame but myself. So i'm going to try it one more time and see if I can get it right. Get some advertising, get people motivated, and get it done right.

If you have any suggestions you`d like to offer to make fs bigger badder and better, feel free to post it or pq me.

Also, I want to thank all the participants to stuck through FS3. I know we hit many rough spots with people dropping in and out. So a heartfelt thanks to you all who stuck around till the end.

I`m working on a ruleset for fs4 that will allow for tag team fights. So you might want to consider networking with other artists if you want to participate in fs4.

Draxenn, i'm honored!
How about a giant explosion (this part is un-animated) in the background with the words “FIGHTSPLOSION 4” right infront of it? The line appear later on under the “Fightsplosion 4” title.

We could probably make several banners with different phrases. My favorite is the one used in the first one “It's PUNCH-tastic!”
draxenn at 1:30AM, Sept. 5, 2008
(online)
ha, i had forgotten about that punchline.
I say we keep that one and use it.
Your idea sounds pretty solid. I look forward to seeing the end result. :)
. o O ( Evil )
Glarg at 2:48AM, Sept. 5, 2008
(offline)
draxenn
ha, i had forgotten about that punchline.
I say we keep that one and use it.
Your idea sounds pretty solid. I look forward to seeing the end result. :)

Not as solid as you may think, man. It seems I can't create a proportional enough explosion small enough to fit in a 728x90 pixel logo. Perhaps another Idea like…

A logo showing the winners from each Fightsplosion, followed by a few sentences like “Drunkduck's best and only tournament!” leading up to the “FIGHTSPLOSION 4: It's PUNCH-tastic!”?

Toadman at 2:47PM, Sept. 5, 2008
(offline)
I like that idea. You could make it say “You could be next!”, to encourage more people to join.
Glarg at 3:41AM, Sept. 8, 2008
(offline)
Ooo, nice Toadman…I might just have to write that down.
I can do MUCH better than this one, I just prepared it to show the basic idea of how I might do it.

(remember to click it for better unshrinkage)
Toadman at 3:50PM, Sept. 8, 2008
(offline)
Hey, that's pretty good! It's like a teaser trailer…or, you know, Gabbo.

Also, if you want a newer, better-looking Hugey for the banner, I'd be happy to oblige. I forgot how ugly heused to be. D:
Kiruru at 4:40PM, Sept. 8, 2008
(online)
cool banner! I really like it! Its lets people know that this time around, its gonna be bigger and badder than before. Hooray for advertising!
You say tomato, I say stfu no one says that!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
Kiruru at 4:47PM, Sept. 8, 2008
(online)
I did a little hyping for FightSplotion in my comic, you guys wanna see it?
You say tomato, I say stfu no one says that!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
Locoma at 11:14PM, Sept. 8, 2008
(online)
Would the tag thing work as an aid too? I mean, it would be cool that when someone can't make it to a deadline, the other person would draw both chars… or something like that that would keep things rolling. I believe a big part of FS lack of audience has to do with the droppings out and constant delays this tournament had had (nobody's fault, it's hard to keep a schedule) but the tag system sounds like it could work perfectly. In fact, it even sounds like a cool feature to advertise
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Signz at 2:24PM, Sept. 9, 2008
(offline)
I absolutly lurv the Tag Team idea.

this is gonna be a blast. When the next one comes i'll be telling everyone I know to check it out.
AccoSpoot at 3:27PM, Sept. 9, 2008
(offline)
I reckons there needs to be more to let people know they can get involved without being in the contest, hell I only learnt I could have spent the past nine months in the Marty the Hobo cheering squad yesterday!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
Glarg at 5:22PM, Sept. 9, 2008
(offline)
AccoSpoot
I reckons there needs to be more to let people know they can get involved without being in the contest, hell I only learnt I could have spent the past nine months in the Marty the Hobo cheering squad yesterday!

I had a cheering squad?
AccoSpoot at 5:12AM, Sept. 10, 2008
(offline)
I meant like you could go off and cheer for your favourite fighter, I was a little concussed lastnight having fallen off my bike a million times in a night, it's entirely possible i'm still a little out of it atm.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
Glarg at 12:18PM, Sept. 10, 2008
(offline)
…Oh god, the memories of the Humongous and Garazoul in dresses are coming back…

Here's an enlarged version of the mini advertisement.

REMEMBER TO CLICK IT for better viewability.
Toadman at 4:22PM, Sept. 10, 2008
(offline)
Eye-catching! And possibly siezurey.

I've had a thought about a second banner, if you're up to making two. A simple one, really: it says things like POW and BANG and other such visible sound-effects from the old Batman show, before the FS logo comes on.
draxenn at 3:19AM, Sept. 11, 2008
(online)
i like the colours ya used, Glarg.
I think it's a great banner!

. o O ( Evil )
Glarg at 4:13PM, Sept. 11, 2008
(offline)
I made one for the side of the site, where those advertisements appear under the DD Cam link.

I know… my designs look basic
zeropointone at 1:03AM, Oct. 9, 2008
(offline)
huh? i thought this topic was about predictions, not banners…

ah well. i predict that there will be much awesome… and that glarg's ideas will contribute to at least 50% percent of the stages… -.-'
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
Bocaj at 7:01AM, Oct. 9, 2008
(online)
I predict Team Meat will win.

Don't read Rape.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
rufus_edge at 1:31PM, Oct. 9, 2008
(online)
I predict Team Meat will annihilate.

Team Meat: officially endorsed by Skoolmunkee.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
Bocaj at 1:47PM, Oct. 9, 2008
(online)
rufus_edge
I predict Team Meat will annihilate.

Team Meat: officially endorsed by Skoolmunkee.
You misspelled dominate so hard the other competitors won't be able to sit down for a couple weeks. They will go to their doctors inquiring about this predicament only to discover that there nephew will never grow up to be a raccoon, and is doomed to disappoint his grandparents.
:(

(Team Meat: officially endorsed by Skoolmunkee.)

Don't read Rape.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved