Fightsplosion!

FS5--Drawing Practice Thread
BlkKnight at 9:02PM, Aug. 11, 2009
(online)

If you can't see it clearly, that's ThatGuy's name she taped over.

Considering how invaluable practice is and that the entry list is half-full, I decided it's time to open this up. I know the previous thread was for everyone, but it just felt easier to make a new thread.

Have fun!
That's “Dr. BlkKnight” to all of you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
martinlo_23 at 7:30PM, Aug. 12, 2009
(offline)
So here we draw our image batkes to practice?
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
ParkerFarker at 12:29AM, Aug. 13, 2009
(online)
Yeah, here is just to practice drawing battles.

And when drawing practice battles, Is it ok to use other people's characters to use as your enemy? or would it be best just to make up some enemy?

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
BlkKnight at 3:57AM, Aug. 13, 2009
(online)
It's really to practice drawing everyone else's characters since you will have to draw your opponent. You're welcome to put them in battle situations though.
ParkerFarker at 4:17AM, Aug. 13, 2009
(online)
aahhhh, ok. Well I'll put some up here tommorrow

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
alejkhan at 10:27AM, Aug. 13, 2009
(online)
My first attempts at the Fightsplosion 5 characters:

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Warspritecomic at 1:19PM, Aug. 13, 2009
(online)
Nice work, and Duzul… he reminds me of something else yet I'm not sure what it is. Something about the no-mouth.

Edit: I remember now, for some reason it reminds me of my childhood and the no mouth of Johnny Bravo. It's been bugging me for ages.
FIGHTSPLOSION 5!!! IT HAS 2 ALIENS, A PIRATE, A HORNY NINJA AND A HOMOCIDAL FIRE PRODUCING PENGUIN! AND A BIRD WOMAN AND A CAT WOMAN!

Also a mute that reminds me of Johnny Bravo and Samuel L Jackson at the same time!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
martinlo_23 at 1:25PM, Aug. 13, 2009
(offline)
The first image shows why you never should piss out my penguin.
NEVER PISS OUT FIERY.

SUPER FIRE ATTACK.
ParkerFarker at 6:23PM, Aug. 13, 2009
(online)
Warspritecomic
Nice work, and Duzul… he reminds me of something else yet I'm not sure what it is. Something about the no-mouth.

Edit: I remember now, for some reason it reminds me of my childhood and the no mouth of Johnny Bravo. It's been bugging me for ages.

oh yeah, I just google him and he's got similar glasses and everything. But in some of the pics he had a mouth.

Oh and it's Duzui. Pronounced Doo-zwai.

martinlo_23 at 8:35PM, Aug. 13, 2009
(offline)
When its F5 starting? IM READY FOR ACTION!
Warspritecomic at 3:28AM, Aug. 14, 2009
(online)
martinlo_23
When its F5 starting? IM READY FOR ACTION!

When FS4 finishes and we've got enough people in it.]]And sorry about the wrong name.

Duzui. Du Zui. I've got it.

Kap'n Abschaum. Got that one too.
FIGHTSPLOSION 5!!! IT HAS 2 ALIENS, A PIRATE, A HORNY NINJA AND A HOMOCIDAL FIRE PRODUCING PENGUIN! AND A BIRD WOMAN AND A CAT WOMAN!

Also a mute that reminds me of Johnny Bravo and Samuel L Jackson at the same time!
ParkerFarker at 6:14PM, Aug. 18, 2009
(online)
Warspritecomic

yea, to be honest, that pronounciation is completely made up (the Doo-Zwai one I said earlier), I just went to a Chinese translator and figured it'd be pronounced like that.

Warspritecomic at 4:24AM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
Warspritecomic

yea, to be honest, that pronounciation is completely made up (the Doo-Zwai one I said earlier), I just went to a Chinese translator and figured it'd be pronounced like that.

I'm not chinese, but I think the real pronounciation would be Doo Zoo ee. Ah well, he's a mute. It doesn't matter how you pronounce it.

ParkerFarker at 8:04AM, Aug. 23, 2009
(online)
Warspritecomic
ParkerFarker
Warspritecomic

I'm not chinese, but I think the real pronounciation would be Doo Zoo ee. Ah well, he's a mute. It doesn't matter how you pronounce it.

very true. Your's does seem like it would be closer than my pronounciation. But yeah, it doesn't matter!

Glarg at 8:43AM, Aug. 23, 2009
(offline)
I thought I might try a few users…

McTurpentine without his doctors-coat.

A familiar kind of fire penguin.

Sheriff Cactus, can shoot a gun faster than any of the other cactus's…cactuses…cacti.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
Nako at 9:39PM, Aug. 23, 2009
(online)
Here are my sketches…

Part 1 - 42, Duzui, Fiery, Kap'n Abscham, and Naughtelos (who is apparently not joining anymore)

Notes: 42 - I find the sketch cute… =^_^=
Duzui - relatively easy to sketch, except for the skateboard and the gun
Fiery - seeing as it's basically just a penguin, it's not really a problem
Kap'n Abscham - I really wanted to make everyone's face as simple as possible, but I just can't ignore the Kap'n's distinct facial features
Naughtelos - I had a hard time with all the armor especially the shoulder thingys. And the Banhammer's position was shifted a bit.

Part 2 - O'Phee, PCP McTurpentine, The Horny Ninja, and Like

Notes: O'Phee - the biggest sketch so far, his pose is supposed to be that of a Teddiursa's
PCP - obviously can't draw his rainbow afro in black and white… his is one of the quicker sketches, along with Fiery
The Horny Ninja - can't say anything much, but he's got a real plain bottom part
Like - I drew him in a different outfit, but then his outfit would depend on what I do in the matches themselves. And he's actually a pretty short kid.

others to come later…
Nya!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
Toadman at 4:09PM, Aug. 24, 2009
(offline)
And here goes my stuff.

I realized that I never actually drew 42 way back in FS1 and felt bad. I really don't like how her expression came out…

I think I made the nose too long.

Tried to go for a James bong/Johnny Bravo look here.

I could see this on a poster in some school library

Supposed to be a flower that Like's crushed.

There's room for improvement, but they're not TERRIBLE, you know?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
alejkhan at 7:34AM, Aug. 28, 2009
(online)
@Nako: Your chibi style is super cute for everyone. Even that big hulking Naughtelos is cute looking! That takes some serious skill. :P

@Toadman: 42 looks cute, and I like the expression. It suits her! The butterfly is a nice touch, too.

I think Cap'n Abscham's nose is that long…XD

The raised eyebrow definitely gives Duzui the Johnny Bravo look.

Will we ever know what the Horny Ninja's bottom half looks like??? I kind of hope not… :P

And Like looks exactly in character.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Warspritecomic at 8:50AM, Aug. 28, 2009
(online)
alejkhan
Will we ever know what the Horny Ninja's bottom half looks like??? I kind of hope not… :P

Probably not. Warning: Everyone be creative and find out ways to hide his bottom half!

BlkKnight at 10:14AM, Aug. 28, 2009
(online)
Does that mean that HN is really a puppet and the bottom half is really the puppeteer's arm? :p

Nice work so far!
Warspritecomic at 1:01PM, Aug. 28, 2009
(online)
Maybe… maybe not. I don't know, I just thought it would make every fight with him very interesting

Nako at 4:01AM, Aug. 31, 2009
(online)
alejkhan
@Nako: Your chibi style is super cute for everyone. Even that big hulking Naughtelos is cute looking! That takes some serious skill. :P

Thank you for the comment. =^_^=

alejkhan
And Like looks exactly in character.

I agree with that.

Oh gosh, the right side of my sketches is actually cut off… Sorry to the Kap'n and PCP.
Nya!
Sticking at 11:26AM, Oct. 6, 2009
(offline)
Okay, I've started doing some practice drawings.

I'm not really that sure how O'Phee's pose got to be so odd…it looks like it's either trying to be alluring, or about to throw up. Other than that I'm fairly pleased with how the evil shadow part came out.

I drew the Kap'n before I realised that he wasn't going to be in the competition, but what the hay, I'll keep it up. And I drew the sail the wrong way round (as if that matters).

Here's Duzui in all his afroey glory.

Here we have a fairly poor drawing of Fiery and an unflattering drawing of 42. I'm pretty pleased with Sheriff Cactus. Also, I have continued the trend of leaving the Horny Ninja's legs to the imagination.

And now we have a rather sparse drawing of Cat-Man-Chibi-Thing (I'm not sure if his eyes are supposed to be like that normally, but I didnt want to take too many liberties). Also, we've got Marty the Hobo, with a bottle in his hand, and a plastic bag full of bottles in his other. And Yaten, about to heave a stool at someone. Finally, The Ames Owl, who looks less impressive than in the original drawings, and who I would probably find difficult to draw in an actiony pose…

I'll probably draw Bobby in the next week or so, but won't put it up until I can draw more on the page. (Duzui is only on his own on a page cause I messed up the rest of the paper after drawing him).
I have to kill fast, and bullets too slow!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
Warspritecomic at 2:11PM, Oct. 6, 2009
(online)
I've got my practice drawings. It's been there for a month, and I still haven't scanned them.

Nako at 12:36AM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
Sticking
I have the rest drawn (apart from Like, who I hear is being replaced with a different character) but only in pencil so far. I should ink them and have them up tommorow.

Yes, you heard right. I have decided to replace him with a different character. =^_^= Other people out there, please note.
Nya!
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 6:31PM, Oct. 10, 2009
(online)
Sticking
And now we have a rather sparse drawing of Cat-Man-Chibi-Thing (I'm not sure if his eyes are supposed to be like that normally, but I didnt want to take too many liberties).
Nah thats just him angry. He usually just has black circles. Also he dosn't wear any pants. Other than that nice sketches :D

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Nako at 6:43PM, Oct. 19, 2009
(online)
I now present Part 3 of my sketches.

Part 3 - Cat-Man-Chibi-Thingy, Yaten, the Ames Owl, “Bobby”, Sheriff Cactus, Marty the Hobo, Lord Torturemire, and a random FS 4 character

Cat-Man-Chibi-Thingy - I find this character pretty cute, and relatively easy to draw even without much reference. I have doubts with the tail, though. Does he have one? His bottom is also a very big mystery (at least to me.)

Yaten - When I first drew the head, it looked very un-feminine… Anyway, I think this turned out well. I was actually going to add “the Warrior Priestess” to her name, but since she's in a non-warrior-y pose, I scrapped the idea.

the Ames Owl - Gosh, I had a real problem starting to draw her. Here, I resorted to drawing her half-owl of sorts. Um, I thought that since she is an owl, she can turn her head to see behind her. She and “Bobby” are part of a scene.

“Bobby” - Since he is my character, I had no problem with drawing him (except for his hair.)

Sheriff Cactus - I find him a relatively simple character to draw, although I keep having trouble with the eyes. He and Marty the Hobo are part of a scene.

Marty the Hobo - I had trouble drawing him because of the lack of reference pictures. I know there are better pictures of the guy, but I'm too lazy to get them.

Lord Torturemire - I know his hat is supposed to be a top hat, but since these are pen sketches, there is little room for correction. I also have no idea where the monocle really connects to.

random FS 4 character - Since he is in the World of Tomorrow, might as well give him a glimpse of FS 5. =^_^= Well, okay, I didn't intend to draw him with some of the FS 5 characters, but I started with Cat-Man-Chibi-Thingy, then got lazy and drew him for fun, and then I decided to draw the others on the very same page in order to save paper.
Nya!
Toadman at 7:03PM, Oct. 19, 2009
(offline)
Nako
Sheriff Cactus - I find him a relatively simple character to draw, although I keep having trouble with the eyes.
Tell me about it, I've got the same problem.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:05PM, Oct. 19, 2009
(online)
Nako
Cat-Man-Chibi-Thingy - I find this character pretty cute, and relatively easy to draw even without much reference. I have doubts with the tail, though. Does he have one? His bottom is also a very big mystery (at least to me.)
Actually he does sometimes have a tail. In my comic it appears at random. So I don't really care if people give him a tail or not. Especailly since he looks so cute with it when your draw him.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Sticking at 7:01PM, Oct. 20, 2009
(offline)
Nako
Lord Torturemire - I know his hat is supposed to be a top hat, but since these are pen sketches, there is little room for correction. I also have no idea where the monocle really connects to.

To be honest I'm not too sure where the monacle connects too either…
I have to kill fast, and bullets too slow!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved