Fightsplosion!

FS5--Drawing Practice Thread
Product Placement at 6:54PM, Oct. 21, 2009
(online)
My attempt at making something silly.

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Nako at 2:02AM, Oct. 22, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
My attempt at making something silly.

lol

Sorry if I only got the joke after I saw the signups thread. =^_^=
Nya!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:13AM, Oct. 22, 2009
(online)
PP you will do just fine in this battle I think ;D

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Toadman at 4:51PM, Oct. 22, 2009
(offline)

And BLAM, there's everyone I didn't already draw. Pretty sure that's everyone.

Not particularly pleased with some of these, but they're not awful. I think I just hate my own work, which is understandable.

First and foremost, Hallie Bard. Pastel, I am so very, very sorry, but I had to go with the obvious Phoenix Wright joke. Please don't hate me.

“Bobby”- I am not pleased, and I didn't practice, so I'm gonna keep trying in case I have to go up against him.

Marty- I do not need practice drawing you, what are you doing here.

Barry- I'm not exactly sure how the magic portal looks, so I guessed. Also, he's a shaaaaark.

Lord Torturemire- I am so stupid how did I not draw his metal legs they are the most interesting part. Whoops on my part.

Ames Owl- Like I scribbled, I half-assed the wings because she was the last character to draw and I wanted to scan this and be done. But I'm fairly pleased with how the head and hair came out, though looking back now it could be more feathery.

Vagabond Surgeon- I stopped paying attention when drawing the sleeves (Damn you Ghost Hunters), so I messed up. Sorry. I like the hat though. Kinda.

I think that's all the notes I need…Stickman and Cat Man are simple to draw. and Yaten…I should fix those shoulders. Or, rather, give her them.

That's it, I'm done. Oh, and if anyone's not voted for the fight with Team DCMC and Team Used-To-Be-Prince, do that. You've still got one day left. Here's them: http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?cid=237&tid=50299&p=2
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
Sticking at 5:13PM, Oct. 22, 2009
(offline)
Toadman
Lord Torturemire- I am so stupid how did I not draw his metal legs they are the most interesting part. Whoops on my part.

Just for future reference, the legs are more like solid chitin, rather than metal (although it was my fault for the misconception in the first place by shading them in a sort of metally way).

I find it funny that you find his legs the most interesting part, because I mainly drew them like that because I was too lazy to draw real legs. It was a little bit of wanting to make him look more unnatural as well. But mainly laziness.
I have to kill fast, and bullets too slow!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
Nako at 12:38AM, Oct. 23, 2009
(online)
Sticking
Toadman

Just for future reference, the legs are more like solid chitin, rather than metal (although it was my fault for the misconception in the first place by shading them in a sort of metally way).

I find it funny that you find his legs the most interesting part, because I mainly drew them like that because I was too lazy to draw real legs. It was a little bit of wanting to make him look more unnatural as well. But mainly laziness.
More like chitin?! Wow. I thought it was some sort of wood thing…

Toadman
“Bobby”- I am not pleased, and I didn't practice, so I'm gonna keep trying in case I have to go up against him.
Oh, don't worry about that. I have problems when drawing him as well. =^_^=
Nya!
Salsa at 1:49PM, Oct. 23, 2009
(offline)
welp here's two of sixteen. Comics WILL be better than this.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
kitty17 at 4:07PM, Oct. 24, 2009
(offline)
Well, since salsa's my current opponent.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Nako at 1:17AM, Oct. 26, 2009
(online)
I introduce to you, “Fightsplosion 5 Sketches Part 4: The Crunchyroll Edition”! Uh, basically, I used the Unisex Chibi Avatar template (from Crunchyroll's Crunchyland) as a model for the following drawings. Of course, I'm not gonna do this in the real battles and I do have real sketches on paper (I just don't have a scanner, really, and I can't bring myself to go to the school campus just to get my work scanned while on semestral break. Besides, this allows me to get familiar with the imaging programs we have at home. =^_^=)

Part 4 - Stickman, Barry McSharkington, Hallie Bard, The Vagabond Surgeon

Stickman - I was gonna draw him in Part 3, but I figured there's not gonna be many characters here so I put him here. Due to his relative simplicity in line and color, he's the fastest (and the easiest) to draw. He's the third one I did, a sort of break from doing The Vagabond Surgeon.

Barry McSharkington - Okay, what I did here was I turned him into a costume. You also have to assume that the “model” has an invisi-suit on too. He's the last one I did.

Hallie Bard - She's the first one I did in this set, and (for me,) she's tied with The Vagabond Surgeon in terms of difficulty. The problem area with her is her halberd (as I am not experienced with drawing weapons and I had to rush since it was almost time for bed and I wanted to finish it.) Everything else was pretty much okay, especially her clothes (although I had to do a bit of tinkering to get her stockings right).

The Vagabond Surgeon - He's the second one I did, and he's the one I took the most time on. I had to do his clothing on separate layers (and I wanted them whole, not just parts) and I had to test colors a bit for the pants, hat, and hair. The hair's color is probably the part that is the most different from the reference picture. I enjoyed doing him, though.

I also have 42 (I did her for fun). =^_^=

Nya!
pastel at 5:41PM, Oct. 26, 2009
(online)

Some sketches of Yaten.

Keeping it simple cause I can't draw cats, woo~
. K.A.L.A.-dan! Fujoshi! Mafia MASS MURDERER! Kitty and Pastel :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Nicol3 at 12:04AM, Oct. 29, 2009
(offline)
Those O'Phees are ADORABLE oh my god. Great work, all. I'll post some doodles up soon. :)
My comics. Take a whiff!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
alejkhan at 7:53AM, Oct. 29, 2009
(online)
@Nako: omg! 42 is so cute as a weird chibi thing! Thanks for giving her a go. ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Salsa at 2:13PM, March 8, 2010
(offline)
Mystery Bread

Wonder if this thread is going to get active again now that round 2 is up?
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:28PM, March 8, 2010
(offline)
Hmm. FS5…how about 6? Never? Oh well then… :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Nako at 9:13PM, March 28, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
Hmm. FS5…how about 6? Never? Oh well then… :(
Since this is the FS 5 drawing practice thread, I think there might be a separate one for FS 6. =^_^=
Nya!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved