Media Megaforum

Fullmetal alchemist
seventy2 at 6:35PM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
a new one? apparently they're starting over in april. anyone else have links or news?
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
warefish at 6:40PM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
What the hell? Really?

I gotta tell my friend about this.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:46PM
mlai at 6:59PM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
They're restarting the ENTIRE story? Why? The last one was great.
If there is to be a new FMA, it should simply start at where the anime deviated from the manga.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
seventy2 at 8:39PM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
according to anime news network, they're restarting to better follow the manga. which i understand a bit, most anime do. but i'm terribly afraid the destroy the awesomeness of the original series. or maybe just maybe it'll be better like the new hellsing anime.
facara
crocty at 5:53AM, Jan. 17, 2009
(online)
D:

I'll put it low down on my “to-watch” list. ):
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
ccs1989 at 10:13AM, Jan. 18, 2009
(online)
Well, it was a better show than a lot of anime…
That doesn't say a whole amount, but whatever. Japan seems to have a bit of a thing about completely remaking things after they've already made them. I mean, they're remaking Evangelion, Hellsing, and now FMA.

And they're still ignoring the best anime/manga of all, Berserk. But that's just my personal opinion.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
Skullbie at 10:21AM, Jan. 18, 2009
(online)
The anime was created before the manga even had an end planned, i guess when money calls…:/

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
Warpedwenger at 1:15PM, Jan. 18, 2009
(online)
mlai
They're restarting the ENTIRE story? Why? The last one was great.
If there is to be a new FMA, it should simply start at where the anime deviated from the manga.
That would make sense… Starting over would just be silly.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 11:34AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
Are they making a new TV series or just a bunch of OAVs?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
isukun at 10:18PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
I mean, they're remaking Evangelion, Hellsing, and now FMA.

They aren't really remaking Eva, just compiling the TV series into a number of movies with some limited added footage, CG effects and a lot more blood than in the original. Most of it is the original animation and voice acting, though. They may be changing the ending, yet again, but for the most part, it's not really a remake.

And they're still ignoring the best anime/manga of all, Berserk. But that's just my personal opinion.

Berserk was followed up by two video games. The manga progresses so slowly, however and there is still no end in sight. I doubt any studio would want to take it on. Things moved a lot faster with the back story and that particular arc could easily fill a full season. Since then, things have slowed down significantly and with how slowly the manga is released, it may not be the best choice for an anime at this point. I'd rather not see it get the DBZ treatment, especially since the series has been a work in progress for eighteen years now and may see another eighteen before it's through.

Are they making a new TV series or just a bunch of OAVs?

TV series. The unusual thing, though, is that it is being handled by the same studio that made the first series. A lot of anime remakes get handed off to other studios to give them a different feel, but apparently that's not the case here. They may have a larger budget than the past series, however, which could be a good thing since the series won't be dragged out to allow for the manga to catch up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
mlai at 5:53AM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
Does Lust die in the manga canon? I hope she doesn't. She's peerless.
That's all I care about.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Jonko at 10:41AM, March 3, 2009
(online)
In my opinion I think it's good that they're doing this. There were so many scenes in the manga that were really good and that I wanted to see animated. For this reason I'm really excited, hope April 5th comes soon!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Hakoshen at 10:50AM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
seventy2
according to anime news network, they're restarting to better follow the manga.

Kinda like Hellsing?

Let's face it, the first series was awesome. I'm talking frakkin' awesome like coming home and finding a busload of wealthy swimsuit models who are looking to start a harem at your house awesome (okay, nothing is that awesome), but the growing differences between it and the manga grew to the point where continuing it would be hard, if not impossible, especially with what the movies did.

I'd gladly watch it over from start to finish if it's done by the same studio, but nothing sucks like getting to love a show and they change the art style and everything (Think Genshiken, season 1 versus 2).
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Insizwa at 1:14PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
I actually heard the manga artist wanted the original anime to be a bit different. Anyway I think this is too ridiculous, make a remake like 20 years later not 4 years later. Whatever, I'll watch it in 20 years or so.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 2:15PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
Insizwa
I actually heard the manga artist wanted the original anime to be a bit different.

She did. Because she didn't want the manga to be spoiled.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Jonko at 11:07PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
LIZARD_B1TE
Insizwa
I actually heard the manga artist wanted the original anime to be a bit different.

She did. Because she didn't want the manga to be spoiled.

So does the fact that she's allowing them to do this now mean the manga is coming to a close!? DX
Product Placement at 10:52AM, March 5, 2009
(online)
isukun
They aren't really remaking Eva, just compiling the TV series into a number of movies with some limited added footage, CG effects and a lot more blood than in the original. Most of it is the original animation and voice acting, though. They may be changing the ending, yet again, but for the most part, it's not really a remake.
More specifically, they're compiling and reanimating the TV series into 3 movies and making a fourth movie which is entirely new footage with an alternative ending.

The first movie is already out an the second is coming in few months. The third and the fourth planed to be released at the same time.

———————————————-Image from the show / Image from movie———————————————-
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Hakoshen at 7:27AM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
The new Eva “movies” are actually pretty sweet so far. There's a lot of new takes on the same scenes and fights, so just when you think you know how a fight is going to go it's different. The end result is the same, but overall it's EVA with a higher budget and I hope FMA is the same. The first show was awesome so I'm not really sure what they'd improve.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Jonko at 6:07AM, March 7, 2009
(online)
I'm also excited about the new EVA movies. While the series as a whole was awesome I thought the ending was… interesting (inspiring but at the same time weird!)

I wonder what they're planning on doing this time.
Jonko at 1:40AM, April 5, 2009
(online)
Just watched the first episode here in Japan. I loved it! They didn't do the entire first half of the series over, it starts with Mustang etc in Central and is full of action from the start!!! Did anyone else get a chance to watch it yet?

To add something, found the OP and ED on youtube!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPfaZi0Fik&annotation_id=annotation_268656&feature=iv
Product Placement at 10:04AM, April 5, 2009
(online)
Jonko
I'm also excited about the new EVA movies. While the series as a whole was awesome I thought the ending was… interesting (inspiring but at the same time weird!)

I wonder what they're planning on doing this time.
Well so far I've seen the first movie and read about the second. The first, like I mentioned before is almost a step by step repeat of the first few episode. They practically don't deviate from the story at all. The only big difference in the story that I remember is the time he runs away and how it is resolved. The fight scenes are set up a differently and the pacing has chanced but that's about it. The second movie is gonna be more different. They introduce a new character, Kaworu Nagisa is also introduce very early in the story and it's made clear to us that he's an angel.

P.S. That alchemist intro looks sweet.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ccs1989 at 12:07PM, April 5, 2009
(online)
I might have to get my DC++ up and working for this series. I never finished watching the original FMA but I liked all the episodes that weren't fillers.
Heck, Dragonball Kai's new opening is cool too.

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
seventy2 at 6:54PM, April 19, 2009
(online)
Funimation owns this now, as far as american releases go.
http://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=1832

they're subbing and streaming the new FMA 1 week after japan release. first 2 are out already.

It seems that it's not going to be as dark as original, but i've only seen the first one, so take that with a grain of salt.
facara
Product Placement at 9:02AM, April 20, 2009
(online)
I've been watching the new episodes and I got mixed feelings about it. First of, I LOVE the new intro but so far that's all I love about it. I originally heard that they were gonna follow the manga better but it seems like they're playing with the story somewhat.

I haven't made my mind up with it, I'm leaning towards that I want to like it but it's still too early to say.

And I agree with seventy, it looks allot less darker… so far.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Sea_Cow at 8:34PM, April 20, 2009
(offline)
Hey, a sequel! I've always wondered how Joker and Animal Mother would get by after the events of the first-

Oh wait. Wrong Fullmetal. Goddamn animus.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
seventy2 at 8:37PM, July 6, 2009
(online)
First three episode's down, and it really isnt that dark. the whole chibi anime thing works in the funny scenes, but they do it during what should be darker scenes…i shall watch the episode with Shou Tucker (the sewing life alchemist) and if they do that, i swear to god, i will rape and pillage japan.
facara
Product Placement at 1:09PM, July 7, 2009
(online)
I've seen 14 episodes so far.

Regarding the sewing life Alchemist episode, I definitely thought that the original take was darker. But they don't do chibi stuff during the serious scenes in that one so you can cancel your pillage. ^^

As I mentioned, I'm now, at the 14th episode and I notice that they're now starting to deviate from the original show. They're also going through the story much faster. Events that used to take 2-3 episodes now take only 1 episode.

Here. I'll give you an idea how much faster the pace is.

13th episode of the new show = 33rd episode in original show.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Aurora Borealis at 3:03PM, July 7, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
I've seen 14 episodes so far.

Regarding the sewing life Alchemist episode, I definitely thought that the original take was darker. But they don't do chibi stuff during the serious scenes in that one so you can cancel your pillage. ^^

As I mentioned, I'm now, at the 14th episode and I notice that they're now starting to deviate from the original show. They're also going through the story much faster. Events that used to take 2-3 episodes now take only 1 episode.

Here. I'll give you an idea how much faster the pace is.

13th episode of the new show = 33rd episode in original show.

I've seen 13 eps. 14 appears online tomorrow (there's a company I can't remember right now that got the new FMA rights for about 1/3rd of Europe so I get to stream it off youtube with subtitles… I guess they plan to hit our market with dvd sets later and this is a way to build interest?)

I have yet to read manga so I don't know how it compares… but so far I prefer this version than the first anime… which was good considering its lenght (usually the longer the anime the poorer the quality).

It's more compressed (everything that took 2 episodes now takes one), drops out side stories (that felt at times like dragging out the original)

.Oh, and the current version of Greed is much better than the old one :D

Speaking of remakes… I like the new Hellsing more than the old one, but the old one had better music (and was not that bad overall even if they butchered the storyline, haha).

Have yet to check out the new Evangelions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Product Placement at 4:05PM, July 7, 2009
(online)
I'm still waiting for the second Evangelion movie. It's been released in the east but it's still months away from being released in the west.

I hate when it's like that. Why can't they just do global releases?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
ccs1989 at 4:32PM, July 7, 2009
(online)
13th and 14th eps made me once again hopeful for this series. Episode 1 was awesome but the others were lacking. Now it seems to be getting really cool again.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved