Media Megaforum

Fullmetal alchemist
seventy2 at 9:14PM, July 7, 2009
(online)
now i'm gonna have to spend all day tomorrow catching up…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Mr Lostman at 10:41AM, Sept. 2, 2009
(offline)
NECROMANCY!!

Link to questionablely tasteful site in case pic won't show up.

It has half the ratings of the previous series and dropping fast. This is what happens with piss poor pacing, weird visuals, and poor characterization.
Blood Martian Flowers. Occasionally updates.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
lefarce at 11:02AM, Sept. 2, 2009
(offline)
Never got the appeal to this show in both comic and animated formats. Just never seemed to pack that punch that other animes playing at the time did.

However, I do like how each episode basically opens on something horrible happening, and then kicking in on THAT theme song.

“Al, our mom is dead, dad left us, your body was blown up and I'm missing an arm and a leggggg” *Cut to running cheerfully through a forest towards a rainbow*

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Product Placement at 12:31PM, Sept. 2, 2009
(online)
Have you even seen the new opening?

In my opinion the new rendition is much better then the first. I was kinda saddened that they skipped the Youswell episode, though.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Mr Lostman at 1:10PM, Sept. 2, 2009
(offline)
I think the last 3 or so episodes weren't entirely disappointing (still just a tad subpar but picking up), but other than that it's been a complete letdown.

I really don't understand this mindset where people claim it's better just because it's more “faithful to the original.” Not only is it poorly directed, but they pick the worst parts to adapt and play around with it (Cornello's fight did not go that way in the original or manga). Hughes' death is a “So what?” reaction because he dies only ten episodes in and does nothing except the previous episode where he apparently has a family. Tangentially continuing from PP, why is Yoki in rags and at a refugee camp? So far there's been very little emotional impact the way it's been handled. I have to say the original is better because of this.
Blood Martian Flowers. Occasionally updates.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
Product Placement at 2:07PM, Sept. 2, 2009
(online)
I liked the original series as well although I lost interest in it as it diverged more and more from the original storyline.

If there's a moment that I liked much better in the original version, then it's the part where the brothers meet the Sewing life alchemist. Since they invested two episodes in introducing Nina to the Brothers, the outcome of that chapter was far more dramatic.

I get the feeling that the studio decided to rush through the whole beginning of the show so that they could catch up with the part where the show first started to diverge. I you compare the two versions, the 5th laboratory incident takes 3-4 episodes originally when it only lasts one episode in brotherhood. Also, Alphonse meets Greed in the 33rd episode of the original show but the same event happens in the 13th episode in the second series.

When people rush through a story, it tends to loose some of it's impact.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
seventy2 at 7:01AM, Feb. 8, 2010
(online)
For those of you who don't like to watch subbed shows, FMA: Brotherhood is coming to adult swim, this saturday (February 13th) at midnight Eastern standard time.

I've rather enjoyed this show. it's pretty faithful to the manga which i've recently caught up on, on what's released in the US.
facara
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
shirkersama at 4:33PM, Feb. 8, 2010
(online)
seventy2
For those of you who don't like to watch subbed shows, FMA: Brotherhood is coming to adult swim, this saturday (February 13th) at midnight Eastern standard time.

I've rather enjoyed this show. it's pretty faithful to the manga which i've recently caught up on, on what's released in the US.

:D
I actually recently met two of the voice actors for the show at a con, they talked quite a bit about Brotherhood, it sounds pretty BA. Usually I prefer subs but FMA was one of the few anime with a good english cast imo so I'll be checking it out on Saturday.
Meh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
seventy2 at 2:57PM, Feb. 9, 2010
(online)
shirkersama
seventy2

:D
I actually recently met two of the voice actors for the show at a con, they talked quite a bit about Brotherhood, it sounds pretty BA. Usually I prefer subs but FMA was one of the few anime with a good english cast imo so I'll be checking it out on Saturday.

I haven't googled it, so as far as i know, Vic migonga is returning, but i don't know about everyone else…
facara
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved