Media Megaforum

G4 is Bad. Do you think so too?
Berlin Poe at 8:01PM, May 16, 2006
(offline)
I hate what G4 has been doing to what was once Tech TV.

Yes, yes, old news, anyone who loved ZDTV, and saw it become G4TechTV then G4, watch Unscrewed become replaced with Arena, Screensavers turn into Attack of the Show, made the golden boys Kevin Rose and Martin Sargent loose work to Kevin Periera and Olivia Munn, and see Adam Sesslar and Morgan Webb suck the cock of X-Box and pander to GameFly dot Com.

Do you watch G4, or have you boycotted it? What do you still like? What do you now hate? You think it's better? Let's talk about it.

Peace, BP.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
Terminal at 11:10PM, May 16, 2006
(online)
I never thought G4 was a good channel, maybe a standard channel for all I care.

The problem with G4 is the marketing and the new generation gamers, to apply to them, you take away substance, bring in stylish things, and try to distract people from the sub standard programing. Which really explains the Whip Set. (I like cars, I just hate street racing scene.)

The things G4 does right has to be the anime, the Barbwire Biscuit (a bit flawed) and Attack of the Show, (Although AOTS is not as good Screensavers, I still constantly enjoy it)

When I had G4, I thought it was okay. ‘Twas around the time that they introduced the Whip Set is when they lost me. Ironically, I changed from cable to satellite, so I really lost the channel.

G4 needs to learn that the new generation gamers are nothing, they must apply to the real gamers. They also must learn that they are a Game Channel, nothing more, nothing less. You have to have stuff relating to games. Fastlane is (was, I don’t know, do they still show it?) the perfect example, a show about stylish cops without relation to games, aside from the mention to Vice City, but seriously. What the hell?

They shouldn't try to compete with MTV.

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM
Berlin Poe at 1:01PM, May 17, 2006
(offline)
Fast Lane is still on.

Speaking of which, wasn't that crap show cancelled off Fox or ABC? Like there are a ton of great shows that were cancelled, Greg the Bunny, Clerks, or The Tick {? The live action version sucked} that would be more to their audience?
ccs1989 at 2:28PM, May 17, 2006
(online)
Hell, compared to a lot of TV shows, G4 is actually pretty good. If only G4 and TechTV could live together! In peace!

…However there's only room for one nerd channel, and that's G4. I don't like a majority of their shows, and this ‘Midnight Spank’ thing is retarded, but ‘X-Play’ is good.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
Hawk at 12:04AM, May 18, 2006
(online)
Just this last week my cable company did some switching around and suddenly I found myself with G4 for the first time in my life.

I found that G4 was an awful network. I hated it. It was very much like MTV in the way that it takes a facet of pop culture and distorts and destroys it in order to appeal to mass audience.

I really hate MTV, so comparing G4 to it is not flattery by any means. G4 takes something you like and dumbs it down and adds cleavage just to grab non-gamers too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Ian Jay at 4:50PM, May 18, 2006
(offline)
Speaking as one of the (increasingly rare) non-gaming faction, I still admit that I've watched G4 on occasion, and only for two shows: X-Play and Attack of the Show. The former I watched for the zany humor, and for being able to act like I knew something about video games whenever the subject came up with my friends. The latter I watched because it was a fairly interesting potpourri of news and stuff. Plus they sometimes had some neat websites on there.

The rest of the network, though, I can safely call junk, debris, filth, offal, total stinking garbage unfit for TV programming. Their shows either have absolutely nothing to do with gaming, which is boring (examples: Brainiac, Fastlane, whatever that one is with the Snoop Dogg clone); or they have a whole lot to do with gaming, which is boring (examples: Arena, their “Making Of Insert Game Here!” specials, Screensavers– and can I just make a note that Screensavers angers me to no end? “Oh, hey guys, let's have a TV show that's just video game trailers! And THAT'S IT. Video game trailers. No human interaction, no nothing. Just games that aren't out yet.” How do people sit through thirty minutes of this drivel? It's like thirty minutes of commercials. Heck, even thirty minutes of movie trailers would be better than Screensavers). Mostly I just flip past it on my way to TCM or whatever.

Then again, I don't really even watch much TV these days, so what do I know?

~IJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Berlin Poe at 4:49PM, May 24, 2006
(offline)
Again with this Tater? Fuck off? The live action Tick sucked, gawd deal with it.

Anyways, this whole thread, I now see, was fairly pointless. You are all right Tech TV is fairly dead, but noone seems to remember it.

I think the point of this was to find someone who remembered Martin Sargent. I fel like I'm the only one who knows what “Unscrewed” “Girls gone wired” Search Sperts" Joey the Intern, the Dark Tipper and the Swish even means.

Ah well.

My gain I suppose.

I think this thread is about spent, thanks for all the great posts, honest, no sarcasim. I feel like this was productive.
marine at 11:19PM, May 24, 2006
(offline)
I won't even give them the satisfaction of being talkeda bout.

That network is dead to me. Its god damn awful.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
ssbguy at 4:28PM, June 2, 2006
(online)
though I like G4 to an extent, I'm pretty pissed that they got rid of Anime Unleashed and replaced it with the Barbed Wire Biscuit, then the Midnight Spank! dammit, Anime Unleashed kicked ASS!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
Neotailz at 6:29PM, June 2, 2006
(offline)
Yeah that was a load of BS. Woithout Anime Unleashed, im lost wondering what the name of that one series was… (It involved a dude turning into a cool monster, this nerd who had a crush on a hot girl, and an evil paper doll or something…) But theyre screwing over some other good shows like filter. Diane Mizota 4ever!! ^x^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
Neotailz at 8:20PM, June 2, 2006
(offline)
Got it. It was Betterman. Man i love that show!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
PhatScurl at 12:39PM, June 4, 2006
(offline)
The only thing i watch G4 now is X-play, which is now beginning to get on my nerves, instead of reviewing games and giving reasons why the game sucks bad, they just go on rambling about how either god-awful the game is or how amazingly great the game is. Oh how i miss the old days of Extended Play. The big difference between G4 and Techtv is the fact that on Tech TV they actually had people that knew what they were talking about.

I didn't think Cheat could suck anymore, until G4 came along with that ditz.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
SarahN at 2:11PM, June 4, 2006
(online)
Tater Salad
Berlin Poe
Again with this Tater? Fuck off? The live action Tick sucked, gawd deal with it.
I am going to rape your eyesocket.

I liked the live action Tick. It got funnier as it went along….wasn't given much of a chance at all….
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:22PM
ccs1989 at 3:43PM, June 4, 2006
(online)
PhatScurl
The only thing i watch G4 now is X-play, which is now beginning to get on my nerves, instead of reviewing games and giving reasons why the game sucks bad, they just go on rambling about how either god-awful the game is or how amazingly great the game is. Oh how i miss the old days of Extended Play. The big difference between G4 and Techtv is the fact that on Tech TV they actually had people that knew what they were talking about.

I didn't think Cheat could suck anymore, until G4 came along with that ditz.

I HATE the lady who does Cheat. She's such a…such a… Repulsive person (in terms of personality). However X-Play I still like. The best one was where they were reviewing old games, and they turned it into a parody of The Breakfast Club.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
marine at 9:05PM, June 4, 2006
(offline)
Anything on G4 can be found on www.gamefaqs.com and trust me, the morons and retards there may be famously stupid, but they are still more informed then G4.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved