Debate and Discussion

getting rid of recess
Lord Shplane at 5:23AM, Aug. 12, 2007
(offline)
As someone who recently entered Highschool, and was therefore one of the people who had recess until just a few years back, I have one thing to say.

Recess= Good.

No Recess= Bad.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:40PM
warren at 8:39PM, Aug. 12, 2007
(offline)
Honestly, I hated recess with a passion. Was glad when it was gone, because we got shoved outside regardless of if it was beneath freezing.

But I'm more concerned with schools cutting art and music classes.
Warren

On the Duck:
Title -updating! ~30 strips!
PAC -New! >10 strips.

Others:
Spare Change -updating! ~2000 strips!
Mass Production -hiatus. ~300 strips.

This guy does Piss Mario, Stick, and Filler!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
Priceman at 9:27PM, Aug. 12, 2007
(online)
This is the reason there's a “Obesity epidemic”. If kids don't learn the importance of exercise (or at least the habit of it) then they'll only grow into the Ginormous people we see on the streets today. Why are people trying to get rid of it anyway? “Oh my child got all sweaty at school and now has to take a shower at home. I was hoping to keep him out of the water for at least another 3 days!” Dude, wth?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
warren at 6:50AM, Aug. 13, 2007
(offline)
You showered after recess? Maybe gym, but not recess.

While 15 minutes of standing around a courtyard everyday will help the kids get some sun, they need more exercise than that. The obesity epidemic owes much more to a fast-food lifestyle and Mom not kicking the kid off of the 360 to run around the block than it does to the school not having recess.

When I was in school, there were only a couple “fat” kids. And quite honestly, they probably were fat more due to glandular problems than laziness and poor diet. That doesn't seem to be the case these days, looking at the increasing numbers of obese children.
Warren

On the Duck:
PAC -New! >10 strips.

Others:

Kohdok at 3:52PM, Aug. 13, 2007
(online)
warren
You showered after recess? Maybe gym, but not recess.

While 15 minutes of standing around a courtyard everyday will help the kids get some sun, they need more exercise than that. The obesity epidemic owes much more to a fast-food lifestyle and Mom not kicking the kid off of the 360 to run around the block than it does to the school not having recess.

When I was in school, there were only a couple “fat” kids. And quite honestly, they probably were fat more due to glandular problems than laziness and poor diet. That doesn't seem to be the case these days, looking at the increasing numbers of obese children.

They actually did a study recently concerning children and fast food. What they would do is they would give children food, some wrapped in McDonald's wrappers, others in nameless wrappers. Both sandwiches were exactly the same, only the wrapper was different.

Apparently, the children would say that the stuff in the McDonald's wrappers would taste better, as if it was engraved in their minds that stuff with a big yellow “M” on it would taste better.

I found the article disturbing and even the article itself called itself “Sad”.

EDIT: Ah ha! They put it online!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
mapaghimagsik at 3:00PM, Aug. 14, 2007
(offline)
I liked recess, I needed a break. I liked learning too, but there's times to just flush the brain and play duck-duck-greyduck, ya know?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
warren at 9:04PM, Aug. 15, 2007
(offline)
mapaghimagsik
I liked recess, I needed a break. I liked learning too, but there's times to just flush the brain and play duck-duck-greyduck, ya know?
I hated it because for four years I was chased aroundd by a horrid little blonde girl who would dig her talons in the back of my neck whenever she caught me… and she was a faster runner.
Warren

On the Duck:
PAC -New! >10 strips.

Others:

mechanical_lullaby at 3:24PM, Aug. 16, 2007
(online)
it's been proven that physical exercise before being shown material increases learning ability. I'll find an example of that later.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
Hawk at 3:43PM, Aug. 16, 2007
(online)
We may as well settle on two facts:

- We all love recess.

- They're never getting rid of it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
mapaghimagsik at 1:35PM, Aug. 17, 2007
(offline)
warren
mapaghimagsik
I hated it because for four years I was chased aroundd by a horrid little blonde girl who would dig her talons in the back of my neck whenever she caught me… and she was a faster runner.

You married her, didn't you?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
warren at 10:03PM, Aug. 17, 2007
(offline)
mapaghimagsik
warren
mapaghimagsik

You married her, didn't you?
:)

I took her to the prom, but have only seen her a few times since high school graduation. And that was quite a while ago.
Warren

On the Duck:
PAC -New! >10 strips.

Others:

crazyninny at 12:17PM, Aug. 22, 2007
(online)
And they wonder why kids are getting fatter all the time?

Gees, when will people grow up!

There's been nothing more fun for me than to just sit and swing on the swings, Lord knows how long recess was, but as long as I got to swing at recess, all my problems would go away. I could of been bawling like a baby all day, but once I would start to swing, it felt like I was flying. If someone would of tooken that from me, ooohhh! There would of HELL to pay!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved