Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Getting rid of stress
PhatScurl at 1:02PM, May 11, 2007
(offline)
Okay, so right now…im really REALLY pissed. Like i was perfectly ready to make a violent example of some kid today, but before i tell the story of why im pissed, i figured there might be a couple things you know.

I find discipline to be an important factor in living a decent life, strong discipline has run through my family for years. My grandfather was a Marine, my Dad was accepted into the Naval Academy (even though he turned it down), and i'm currently involved in Tae Kwon Do, and the NJROTC program at my school (its a military training program), so i like discipline.

Along with that though i've always found myself to hang out with the hippies and assorted druggies at my school (though i myself stay out of that crap). So i've turned into a pretty mellow guy, and it takes a WHOLE lot to get me as pissed as i am right now.

Anyway, in my JROTC program i tend to take it very seriously, as i lead my platoon, and hand out orders. Unfortunately, this year i've found myself placed in the most idiotic, most anarchist, most bullshit filled, platoon in the history of the program at my school.

Among them are these 4 kids whose ultimate goal is quite apparently make me die of an aniorism (correct me if my spelling is wrong). These are the kind of kids who refuse to allow progress of mankind to go forward (and no, im not exaggerating). These are the kind of kids that when your just trying to help somebody with their problem, they surround you and unharmoniously say “fag” over and over, failing to recognize that they themselves probably have never spoken to a girl (at least not that i've seen). Anyway, today after a total 175 days of putting up with the imps from hell, i was just pushed over. I had my platoon formed and was asking for volunteers to take down the school flags, when one of the kids not only walks out of the platoon, but breaks every rank (that being a pretty big infraction). So normally, i would yell at him, tell him to do 20 or 30 pushups, and he would call me a faggot and not to do them. I can't do anything about it because ROTC doesn't believe in “physical discipline”. But not today, oh no not today, today i was already pissed off, i grabbed the kid by the shirt, and was damn well ready to hit him (unfortunately i thought better of it), but instead i dragged him back in the platoon.

(im so pissed right now, i don't care about punctuation)

I haven't wanted to break somebody's head open with a bat in 3 years when a flick to the ear used to set me off like a bomb. I want to snap the little brat's neck, and all his queer friends (no offense to anybody who may be gay, i just hate hypocracy).

Anyway…i was hoping typing this out would help me feel better, but i think i just forced even more blood to the back of my head.

I'm just curious what some of you guys do when your at this level of pissed to cool off, and get on with it
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
skoolmunkee at 3:08PM, May 11, 2007
(offline)
PhatScurl
I'm just curious what some of you guys do when your at this level of pissed to cool off, and get on with it

I drink lots of wine. Wine makes me sleepy. :)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:40PM
Wolfer at 3:11PM, May 11, 2007
(offline)
I rarely get really angry. If something annoying happens to me I DO get angry, but not overly so, so that I let some anger out without hurting anyone intentionally. When I was littler (yes, I know it's smaller) I used to be very mellow and never did anything to anyone, but maybe twice or three times a year I'd really flip out and hurt someone because of some small thing. I believe I have found a really good system that works for me, just letting my anger out a little, not too much but not keep it boiled up. And I always calm down five or ten minutes later. I guess I'm just incapable to stay mad for a long time-period.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
Hijuda at 3:43PM, May 11, 2007
(online)
http://www.skillfx.illusionfxnet.com/stressreducer.html

Or play some Unreal Tournament.
It's a comic!

LOLOL LAMFAO
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
Black_Kitty at 3:50PM, May 11, 2007
(online)
I usually draw or rant to someone about it. I also pace. It's not something I do intentionally but when I'm incredibly furious about something, it becomes difficult for me to sit still since I feel like I have all this pent up energy. So I pace around the halls/basement to work it off.

I know you weren't asking for advice but…aren't there policies in ROTC that you can fall back on?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
PhatScurl at 4:02PM, May 11, 2007
(offline)
Black_Kitty
I usually draw or rant to someone about it. I also pace. It's not something I do intentionally but when I'm incredibly furious about something, it becomes difficult for me to sit still since I feel like I have all this pent up energy. So I pace around the halls/basement to work it off.

I know you weren't asking for advice but…aren't there policies in ROTC that you can fall back on?

Probably in a real College ROTC but im still high school and in a Junior ROTC, so not really. The closest thing to a policy would be ask for the help of the Naval Commanders there, but ratting kids out because you can't control the problem doesn't help my lack-of-respect problem
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
Black_Kitty at 4:56PM, May 11, 2007
(online)
PhatScurl
Probably in a real College ROTC but im still high school and in a Junior ROTC, so not really. The closest thing to a policy would be ask for the help of the Naval Commanders there, but ratting kids out because you can't control the problem doesn't help my lack-of-respect problem

I don't want to lecture or pry so if at any time I'm being too forward just say so and I'll back off.

To be honest, the current situation isn't really helping you either. The kids are using inappropriate words and intentionally being oppositional. When you give them directions, they not only ignore it but they disrespect you as well. They are being disruptive and poisoning the learning environment with their antics. Added to that, they're making this experience a tough one for you.

Talk to your Naval Commander and ask if there's anything they can do to help you or any advice they could give. You are their leader so you're not their buddy-buddy. So when you go and talk to your Naval Commander, you are not ratting kids out; you are trying to maintain a healthy learning environment that is fair to all those who are in your platoon. If they don't like being “ratted out” then they should stop acting inappropriately.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 7:49PM, May 11, 2007
(offline)
hm… what did I used to do to get rid of stress?
shooting puppies with a bb gun. I'd poison guppies, and when I was done, I'd find a pussy-cat and bash in its head!
that's when my mama said
(what did she say?)

…ok musical interlude is over. haha.
I don't get mad.
like, ever.
so I don't really get what you're going through. when I'm stressed though, I tend to just go on the internet a lot… uhh…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 8:41PM, May 11, 2007
(offline)
Hijuda
http://www.skillfx.illusionfxnet.com/stressreducer.html

Or play some Unreal Tournament.

HA! I played with stressreducer when I wass little. I filled my entire screen with termites! I was so bored :D

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
snark at 2:24AM, May 12, 2007
(offline)
Bugger, sounds like you sure got it hard for those idiots : (

I'd really like to give advice or something, but my only experience in dealing with similar situations is kicking someone in the face, which is never a good option…
(ahh, 8 years karate training…how inappropriately I use you)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:49PM
AQua_ng at 2:53AM, May 12, 2007
(offline)
Holy moly. Your life is so hectic and full of adventure. Unlike mine, shich is birth->work->death.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
roma at 8:32AM, May 12, 2007
(online)
I draw but most of the time I reason with myself and try to find a way to solve the problem. Nyquil (cough medicine) is the last resort cause usually when I'm stressed I can't sleep for days which is bad.
🤔
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
marine at 11:05AM, May 12, 2007
(offline)
Cut myself to see how much it bleeds.

Joking of course, all you fan girls that really do that, you'll go to the special kind of hell.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
Alexis at 11:18AM, May 12, 2007
(offline)
I've never been any good at dealing with stress. I guess I'm just a little bit hot headed. One thing I've found that seems to work recently is just reminding myself that it's a real waste of energy to spend so much time thinking about how pissed off I am. I like to pretend I'm a Vulcan from Star Trek sometimes. I'm a nerd.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Priceman at 4:54PM, May 12, 2007
(online)
skoolmunkee
PhatScurl

I drink lots of wine. Wine makes me sleepy. :)

Aye, can't go wrong with alcohol or sex.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Phantom Penguin at 6:30PM, May 12, 2007
(offline)
Get really really drunk or fuck someone. Or both.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 6:35PM, May 12, 2007
(offline)
Slam the door to your room, throw your face into a pillow, then scream until you cry yourself to sleep.

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
Terminal at 6:42PM, May 12, 2007
(online)
I try to solve a Rubik's Cube.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:11PM
Ian Jay at 7:10PM, May 12, 2007
(offline)
Listen to some James Taylor music.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
that kid yellow at 4:23PM, May 13, 2007
(online)
i just get trashed and then draw a pic of Michael Jackson and dance to thriller
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
Cthulhu at 4:30PM, May 13, 2007
(online)
If a person makes you mad, I can normally just let it go. It takes a LOT to piss me off, so it only happened once. Let's just say that nerds can fly. (Well, he was smaller than me, and he said, “you couldn't hurt a fly.” What was I supposed to do?)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:55AM
Flamen Tenebrarum at 6:46AM, May 16, 2007
(offline)
I fold paper flowers. Weird? Possibly. Works? Every time.
Why, nothing has happened to me. I am the one happening here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
Roguehill at 7:03AM, May 16, 2007
(offline)
You're in a military organization, so write up the offense (disobeying a superior giving a lawful order is a big one) and pass it up the chain of command. If you're immediate superior doesn't do anything about it and you feel strongly, go over his head.
Be warned though, if you do go over his head, make sure you've got your facts backed up and are solid about the breakdown of order. You could bring alot of fire down upon your own head.
ROTC folks are supposed to be headed for commission. It sounds like this kind of behavior doesn't warrant it.

GHOST ZERO
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
marine at 12:37PM, May 17, 2007
(offline)
I would probably get them kicked out of the ROTC stuff. It shouldn't be too hard to do with the sexual discriminating terms “fag” yelled at you. Sounds like you're under severe mental duress as well. Be sure and mention that.

To get rid of stress would mean I admit I have stress, and as a great man, I must not hide the facade hubris has built around myself.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
Squishy_Frog at 4:49PM, May 18, 2007
(online)
I try to control my stress levels when around other people. Then when I'm alone, I'll laugh out loud, scream, jump. This one time when I took kickboxing, I imagined the persons face. I never threw a punch as good as those. As long as you don't don't physically hurt someone, do everything and anything to let the stress go. Save the picture, or the anger in your mind, and whenever you need a lot of energy, bring it out. Hopefully, you'll get to the point where you can't get angry from the memory anymore, and you don't have it festering you.
Random Fact nerd.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
Emotional at 10:39AM, May 19, 2007
(offline)
Well I've been rollerblading for over 8 years, and just recently I've started to see a rise in numbers of skaters…

Most of the time they get in the way, and ask to many questions..

example: “Hey are you a pro?”

“do a 900!”

“you fell!?”

stuff I've been getting these types of questions for like the past 2 or 3 years. So one day this 14 year old kid walks up to me and is like.

“stockwell has better style then you”

which totally pushed me over the edge, so I was like “go fsking skate kid”

and he was like “jeez your a fsking asshole”

sooo… I punched him in the face. I'm not sure if I knocked him out or not but he was laying there for like 5 minutes crying.

Yeah, I really did feel like an asshole after that, but the sad thing is I really didn't feel sorry for the grommet. infact I felt so much more relieved.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
Annhialator at 7:00AM, May 21, 2007
(online)
I vent through talking….and boy do I talk/rant a lot :)

or worse come to worse….Try to take a nap
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
Chelano at 9:09AM, May 21, 2007
(online)
I have four things:

Drink wine…
Playing fighting games…
Playing racing games with lots of crashes…
Break things…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon