MAFIA... and other forum games

GM Election for Mafia 16!
Product Placement at 11:09AM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
When does this election end anyways?
It just started Hakoshen. The board will probably be open for votes for a day or two.

Btw. Am I the only one around here that dislike personal attacks during election campaigns?

Am I the only one who's blood boils when I see campaigners make arguments that the reason why people should vote for him is because there's something wrong with his opponents?
Randomdudeperson
Oh, dont worry, i like your game! It sounds better and more detailed than tfgm! (no affence monkey! 8D ) But I just wanted to give Parker a chance. And I don't think he was trying to be mean to you. I saw it as just messing with you, kinda like Hark! lol
Well if that was the case then I thought he executed it poorly. And those are your words, not his. What I would like is to have him explain himself and apologize before I'm willing to forgive him.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Randomdudeperson at 12:35PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Hakoshen
When does this election end anyways?
It just started Hakoshen. The board will probably be open for votes for a day or two.

Btw. Am I the only one around here that dislike personal attacks during election campaigns?

Am I the only one who's blood boils when I see campaigners make arguments that the reason why people should vote for him is because there's something wrong with his opponents?
Randomdudeperson
Oh, dont worry, i like your game! It sounds better and more detailed than tfgm! (no affence monkey! 8D ) But I just wanted to give Parker a chance. And I don't think he was trying to be mean to you. I saw it as just messing with you, kinda like Hark! lol
Well if that was the case then I thought he executed it poorly. And those are your words, not his. What I would like is to have him explain himself and apologize before I'm willing to forgive him.

:( Harsh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
harkovast at 1:56PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
PP I think parker was just arguing his case rather then trying to be rude.
You gave some pretty strong arguments for why his concept was not as good as yours, so he was just trying to come back strongly.
Saying he wants a turn because you have had a few goes is not a personal attack.

Lets increase da peace and spread da love!
And stop saying ‘the’ and start saying ‘da’ more often!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Niccea at 2:09PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(offline)
I would just like to say that my game give the mafia a better fighting chance now that the townies know how to work together.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Randomdudeperson at 2:15PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
GarBonzo Bean at 2:30PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(offline)
I'm not running this time….I'm working on a new mafia idea or changing some things about my original. In Parker's defense I have to say that I think he was just expressing how he has failed to be GM four or more times in a row and yet Product keeps getting elected. However agrivating this is (I would know, I've even run more times than Parker) I think it is better to focus on what you can offer in your game instead of worring about how many times someone else has run.
If its popsicle, its possible!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
ParkerFarker at 3:15PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
Yeah sorry Product, I didn't mean it to be a personal attack, I guess it's bad luck that I went to bed after I posted that so I couldn't respond sooner. I know it is low to put down an opponent to promote my own game, but I was being a bit silly, but I can see not silly enough! I would like to formally apoligize for my previous post, that of which, was an attack on the personal level (despite the intentions).

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
harkovast at 3:22PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
Excellent song random!
I think that could be the mafia game theme song!

Randomdudeperson at 3:40PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
Yeah sorry Product, I didn't mean it to be a personal attack, I guess it's bad luck that I went to bed after I posted that so I couldn't respond sooner. I know it is low to put down an opponent to promote my own game, but I was being a bit silly, but I can see not silly enough! I would like to formally apoligize for my previous post, that of which, was an attack on the personal level (despite the intentions).

I declare Parker Farker,…NOT GUILTY! *bangs a hammer* Let the records show that all has been taken care of and the defendant has made nice with Product Placement. Meeting adjorned! *bangs hammer again*

harkovast
Excellent song random!
I think that could be the mafia game theme song!

0.o What? Whos rand….oh yeah! lol It feels wierd to have a new name! Yep, one can learn a lot from the muppets.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:44PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Randomdudeperson
Last game, we all had killing poweres, sooooooo…it was kinda like we all had a role!
And I was afraid that some people would not like my game concept as a result. Yes, it sounds similar to the last game but Monkey can confirm that I've been sitting on this idea since the game before his. The two of us just happened to have a very similar idea at the same time..
Just like I was siting on an idea very similiar to your angels and demons game and since yours came out first when I try to intoduce mine people might shy away from it.

Poll Results

Niccea(2) Parker(4) PP(4)

Hak the poll when end on Thursday at 12 GMT. ;D

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Randomdudeperson at 4:50PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Product Placement
Randomdudeperson
Last game, we all had killing poweres, sooooooo…it was kinda like we all had a role!
And I was afraid that some people would not like my game concept as a result. Yes, it sounds similar to the last game but Monkey can confirm that I've been sitting on this idea since the game before his. The two of us just happened to have a very similar idea at the same time..
Just like I was siting on an idea very similiar to your angels and demons game and since yours came out first when I try to intoduce mine people might shy away from it.

Poll Results

Niccea(2) Parker(4) PP(4)

Hak the poll when end on Thursday at 12 GMT. ;D

In case Hark doesn't vote, or he votes for Niccea, who got to 4 first?
harkovast at 5:04PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
Me not vote?
As if!
I am backing my main man Parker Farker 100%!
KAPOW!

TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 5:16PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
Parker did.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Randomdudeperson at 5:20PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
harkovast
Me not vote?
As if!
I am backing my main man Parker Farker 100%!
KAPOW!

Oops, I meant Hak! And I've updated Niccea's map. 8D ………Hmmmm……..and for some reason, I can't post it. :( Um, how do you post a pic that is saved on your computer?
Product Placement at 5:37PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
Apology accepted.
I understand that it's undoubtedly frustrating, not getting your turn after several attempts of campaigning but we should not stoop to that level of campaigning, whether jokingly or not. Your concept is a fine idea that's been discussed before but never executed and it would be fun to try it out. Focus on that as your selling point.

Tell you what. I'm not gonna stop running but as a gesture of good faith, I'm gonna honor our previous arrangements that we made where I promised you my vote in this GM election, should you elect me for mayor in the last game. Since you effectively helped my side win the game by doing that, It's only fair that I come through with my promise.

I'm still your rival though and I encourage everyone who want to play my game to vote for me.
Randomdudeperson
Why can't we be friends?
lol!
I liked that video. And since it happened in the trenches it reminded me of a very good peace of cinematic called Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas). It's based on a true story that moved me greatly as I studied about it during history class where the France side, its Scottish allies and the German front stopped fighting for couple of days to celebrate Christmas. While the fight continued elsewhere these soldiers, who had been busy killing each other few days back, where exchanging gifts and stories about their sweethearts and villages. They played football together and promised to come visit each other once the war would end. Sadly it would not last. The leadership for each side found out what was happening and dispersed the soldiers, sending them to alternative battlegrounds where they would have to fight for their lives again. Here's the trailer for the movie. If you haven't seen it, I recommend that you look it up (find a subtitled version since it's spoken in English, French and German).
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Randomdudeperson at 5:44PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
Also, just a random question (no pun intended!) does anyone know what movie this is? I think its Swordsman, but i'm not sure.

Randomdudeperson at 5:51PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
Product Placement

Interesting, ill have to watch it sometime. Yeah, i learned about that in history, or at least something similar. What I heard of was they where singing christmas songs to each other. One side would sing a verse, then the other side would sing in their language, or something like that!
Product Placement at 5:58PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
Randomdudeperson
Also, just a random question (no pun intended!) does anyone know what movie this? I think its Swordsman, but i'm not sure.
You're right. It's the Swordsman, also known as Xiao ao jiang hu in its original language.
Randomdudeperson
Um, how do you post a pic that is saved on your computer?
You have to upload it first. Use photobucket or a similar site or upload it into the files section in a comic, if you have one. From there you can copy its url and place it like this: (img)insert image url, here(/img) and replace the ()'s with 's. You can also just press the image button above the text box to call forth the necessary codes.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Hakoshen at 6:06PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(offline)
What an interesting turn of events. I'll be sure to vote in a bit, since I'm far too tired to think about running. I'm going to tweak the revolution idea a bit and come again next game.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Niccea at 6:18PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(offline)
Or you can just email said picture to me at Gmail (same as my user name)…also, if it is about your name, I can fix that in a jiff cause I saved a .psd file.
Randomdudeperson at 6:19PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Randomdudeperson
Also, just a random question (no pun intended!) does anyone know what movie this? I think its Swordsman, but i'm not sure.
You're right. It's the Swordsman, also known as Xiao ao jiang hu in its original language.
Randomdudeperson
Um, how do you post a pic that is saved on your computer?
You have to upload it first. Use photobucket or a similar site or upload it into the files section in a comic, if you have one. From there you can copy its url and place it like this: (img)insert image url, here(/img) and replace the ()'s with 's. You can also just press the image button above the text box to call forth the necessary codes.

Awsome and ty! I'll post the pic later since I've got a lot of homework at the moment.

Hakoshen
What an interesting turn of events. I'll be sure to vote in a bit, since I'm far too tired to think about running. I'm going to tweak the revolution idea a bit and come again next game.

You'd better vote Parker! lol
Hakoshen at 6:29PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(offline)
About this whole picture deal, you can also upload one to the extra files of your comic, which is what I've done for a few things of mine, especially if I have an image I want to upload while I'm at work. This is all assuming you have a comic that is.

Like this for example;

This picture is not addressed towards anyone or any thing past, present or future.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
Product Placement at 6:33PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
Randomdudeperson
Hakoshen
What? Nonsense. He has enough votes as is. You should vote for my game. It's the superior one. You like superior things, right Hak?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ParkerFarker at 6:42PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Apology accepted.
Thank you! , And also thanks for voting for me (;
Product Placement
lol!
I liked that video. And since it happened in the trenches it reminded me of a very good peace of cinematic called Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas).

Yeah, I remember a similar thing happened in WWI at Gallipoli, where both sides, the Aussies and the Turks, stopped fighting over Christmas and buried their dead and sang together and stuff, but after that they went back to killing each other. Although because of that, I reckon the Turkish and us get along pretty well now.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Hakoshen at 7:19PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Randomdudeperson
Hakoshen
What? Nonsense. He has enough votes as is. You should vote for my game. It's the superior one. You like superior things, right Hak?

I like bribes in the form of candy and cigarettes. But not candy cigarettes. And I'm trying to quit smoking and lose weight so STOP TEMPTING ME!

In all seriousness, I've yet to read either game description. I have a hard time doing so on my blackberry and if I try on my PC it looks suspiciously like an Incident Observation page in a case plan from work.
-Harkovast
Product Placement at 7:39PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
OOH! I just thought of another new role. And what's great about this one is that it takes up two players.

Introducing:
The Twins
These two twisted siblings enjoy the texture of blood, the taste of panicked sweat and the sound of a helpless cry. They are Townstons serial killers and will not stop until everyone are dead. Whatever they do, they do in unison and are always ready to back each other up.
We act as one: The twins are practically collective in their decision making although sometimes they disagree with each other. They kill as one and can not kill separately. Both have to send in a kill request, targeting the same person. Should they fail to do so, the GM will decree that the brothers spend the night bickering about who they'd should kill. However let it be known that their kill attempts are counted as two separate attacks and thus they could boycott protections made by paramedics and the paranoid.
I got your back brother: One twin can not be killed as long as the other is around. They protect each other ferociously and will stop any attacks made on their other half. In addition to that, should one of them be discovered by the town and subsequently lynched, the other brother will bust him out before he is killed.
The only way to get rid of them is to double lynch them together or target them both during the same night.

Ok, I should stop adding new roles for a while or risk ending up with more roles then players. ^^'
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 8:08PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(offline)
Been reading the mafia wikipedia article eh?
Product Placement at 8:10PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
There's a mafia Wikipedia article?

Why? Does it mention twins?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Hakoshen at 8:10PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
Been reading the mafia wikipedia article eh?

That or Black Lagoon.
-Harkovast
Product Placement at 8:12PM, Sept. 22, 2009
(online)
No I haven't read the Black Lagoon either.I'll admit that Symbiotic killer twins are not exactly a new concept (one does not need to go further then Matrix 2 to see some) but I still consider this to be an awesome idea.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon