Random Discussion

God hates Australians!
ozoneocean at 6:38AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
Hahahahaha!

I wish I had the full video of this. Westboro are funnier than Monty Python ever were :)

“God sent those filthy Australian beasts straight to HELL!”
Oooooh jebus ^^

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
kyupol at 8:04AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
Its crazies like these guys who make Christians look bad. :(

I wonder though. I thought God so loved the world that he sent his only son…

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
-John 3:16-

If God loves the world, Australia is part of the world.

If God hates Australia, then Australia is not part of the world?

I dont get it. lol!
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
lba at 9:51AM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
If there was one part of Anonymous' activities that I 100% percent supported, it would be their raids and attacks on the Westboro Baptist Church. If there's anyone who asks for the Anonymous brand of warfare more, I don't know about them. Not even Scientology with their hard on for strong arm tactics and acting like they're some sort of covert ops agency would think to take things as far as Westboro does.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
ozoneocean at 2:41PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
Maybe, maybe.

Maybe it's a guerilla comedy act? They're certainly funny enough :)

————————–
If they are serious they do two things:
1. Make Christianity look bad. Really bad.
2,just be as outrageous and silly as possible to get global news time and hopefully (from their POV), get others to go “yeah, I don't like gays either. I'm glad someone agrees with me”.

If they are serious, they fail… They only succeed in defaming Christianity, Saying very funny stuff, and getting publicity.

seventy2 at 2:49PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
the sad thing is, is that they are serious.

You dont tell the family's of a dead soldier that “it's okay that he's dead, he was probably gay, or supported gays”

They really do make christians look bad.

*angry rant about how i want to punch them in the face*

hmmm…that was mean, but still.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
therealtj at 5:14PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
kyupol
then Australia is not part of the world?

I thought that was common knowledge.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:27PM
kyupol at 6:08PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)

I wonder whats the fuss about being so hyper about hating fags. And how can God hate fags if being gay is genetic in the first place?

If being gay is genetic, that means God created that because it is natural.

If God created gays, how can he hate something that he created?

I don't understand.

I thought, humans are the only ones capable of hating something they created (artist ripping apart a paper with a bad drawing. If you do that, you are acknowledging your imperfection because you just demonstrated distaste for something you created.)

If God hates what he created, does that mean that God is acknowledging imperfection?

If you say that God is not perfect, isn't that blasphemy?

Isn't this church committing blasphemy by saying that God is not perfect?
NOW UPDATING!!!
lba at 7:31PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
You are of course making one small error in your theory ( which otherwise is fairly logically sound. ). You're taking it as fact that being gay is genetic and not a behavioral thing which is something that science has yet to quite prove. That's what this “church” is capitalizing on. They're saying being gay is a choice.
ozoneocean at 7:46PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
But how can anyone be that prejudiced against gay people? Seriously, dementedly agaisnt them?

WIthout it being a gag, satire, or some other misdirected ruse.

Unless that guy was raped as a little boy…

BffSatan at 10:40PM, Feb. 18, 2009
(online)
lba
You are of course making one small error in your theory ( which otherwise is fairly logically sound. ). You're taking it as fact that being gay is genetic and not a behavioral thing which is something that science has yet to quite prove. That's what this “church” is capitalizing on. They're saying being gay is a choice.
The evidence that homosexuality is genetic has been solid for some time now. I agree with kyupol on this 100%.

Also as an Australian and a human being I am disgusted by this church, they really don't get it do they, theese guys are a new level of evil.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
bravo1102 at 1:38AM, Feb. 19, 2009
(online)
Huge irony here: God hates fags, doesn't “fag” in British and by extension Aussie colloquial speech refer to a cigarette and aren't cigarettes one of the greatest causes of brush fires?

God does hate fags (as in incinerary devices) because they burn up his lovely brush lands not because of behavior that is evident in the much of the animal kingdom.

Yeah, I can twist this stuff as well as they can, throw it back in their face.

They spew their hatred about any disaster. Maybe they should bother themselves to read the New Testament.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
ozoneocean at 1:48AM, Feb. 19, 2009
(online)
That's true. Fags are cigarettes here. :)

They're eeeeviiil!

kyupol at 6:59AM, Feb. 19, 2009
(online)
lba

Regardless if homosexuality is genetic or not.

Lets say homosexuality is a free choice and is a sin.

But didn't Jesus himself hangout with sinners and offer them salvation?
See (Mark 2:15-17) (Luke 19:9) (Matthew 9:9) Thats why I respect Christian churches who have more lenient policies towards gays. They basically say that a homosexual must seek forgiveness for his sin of homosexuality and a homosexual still has the chance to attain salvation and not be damned straight to hell. In these churches, the door is always open for a homosexual to repent. Its basically about hating the sin and not the sinner.

What Westborough Baptist Church does is act exactly like the Pharisees.

To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10"Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13“But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14”I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."
- Luke 8:9-14 -

—————————–

Anyway in another more frightening development, why is this church designated as a “Hate group”? While I disagree with the message of hating fags, these guys still have the right to free speech. And designating “hate groups” only set a precedent for clamping down on free speech.

In this video, look at the last part where the commentator says “With 1st amendment protection, Fred Phelps message of hate is being embraced by a new generation”.

That is a clear propaganda piece clearly demonizing free speech.

What if lets say that one day, it will be deemed that any group that criticizes the government, the bankers, the encroaching police state, etc…. will be deemed as a “hate group”.

And what if it gets expanded to INDIVIDUALS? There goes free speech.

NOW UPDATING!!!
humorman at 1:07PM, Feb. 19, 2009
(offline)
This also happened:

Someone
The mattock, a close cousin of the pickaxe, is used to dig through tough, earthy surfaces—it loosens soil, breaks rock, and tears through knotted grass. Its handle is a three-foot wooden shaft, twice the density of a baseball bat and its dual-sided iron head is comprised of a chisel and a pick. It was Pastor Fred Phelps’s weapon of choice when beating his children according to his son, Nate Phelps.

“The Bible says ‘spare the rod, spoil the child,’” explained Nate, “and he would be screaming that out as he was beating us.” One Christmas night, Pastor Phelps hit Nate over 200 times with a mattock’s handle, swinging it like a baseball player.

Nate would hide out in the garage with his siblings, where he could escape his father’s wrath. What he couldn’t escape, however, was the fear of going to hell. He suffered much abuse growing up under the roof of the infamous Westboro Baptist Church (WBC)—he still suffers today.

Full story here.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
kyupol at 1:27PM, Feb. 19, 2009
(online)
humorman
This also happened:

Someone
The mattock, a close cousin of the pickaxe, is used to dig through tough, earthy surfaces—it loosens soil, breaks rock, and tears through knotted grass. Its handle is a three-foot wooden shaft, twice the density of a baseball bat and its dual-sided iron head is comprised of a chisel and a pick. It was Pastor Fred Phelps’s weapon of choice when beating his children according to his son, Nate Phelps.

“The Bible says ‘spare the rod, spoil the child,’” explained Nate, “and he would be screaming that out as he was beating us.” One Christmas night, Pastor Phelps hit Nate over 200 times with a mattock’s handle, swinging it like a baseball player.

Nate would hide out in the garage with his siblings, where he could escape his father’s wrath. What he couldn’t escape, however, was the fear of going to hell. He suffered much abuse growing up under the roof of the infamous Westboro Baptist Church (WBC)—he still suffers today.

Full story here.

Interesting article.

However…
“The threat of eternal Hell is an extreme example of mental abuse,” Dawkins says on his website, “just as violent sodomy is an extreme example of physical abuse.”

I disagree with this point. Because the concept of heaven and hell is used to teach you responsibility for your actions on earth.

And while this system is not perfect as it can be abused (like telling you that if you masturbate, you go to hell), it still teaches you that there is good and evil and that one day you will have an accounting for all your actions.

NOW UPDATING!!!
lba at 4:49PM, Feb. 19, 2009
(online)
BffSatan
The evidence that homosexuality is genetic has been solid for some time now. I agree with kyupol on this 100%.

Forgive me for being skeptical, but you're going to need to post a link for where that evidence comes from. The most I've heard is that they discovered that gay men have different chemical balances in the brain.

Either way, it doesn't change my explanation of why they hold their views.

Oh, and don't get me wrong Kyp, I'm in no way saying their arguement is legit. They are also demanding that the gays repent, but not in a very Christian or polite way. That's why they're classified as a hate group. Because their message is so violently and angrily opposed to this one group of people.
Product Placement at 9:26PM, Feb. 19, 2009
(online)
Look. The Westboro Baptist Church is a case of family of nutcases who believe that god speaks to them and that everyone else in the entire world is wrong. They consider every single religious text to be blasphemy (and I actually think that includes the Bible) and that God hates us all. One of their undying slogans is that God hates America so seeing them bashing at Australia is not a surprise. I'm pretty certain they're working on a "Fighting around the world" show like Russel Crow did.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
bravo1102 at 1:34AM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
kyupol
However…
“The threat of eternal Hell is an extreme example of mental abuse,” Dawkins says on his website, “just as violent sodomy is an extreme example of physical abuse.”

I disagree with this point. Because the concept of heaven and hell is used to teach you responsibility for your actions on earth.

And while this system is not perfect as it can be abused (like telling you that if you masturbate, you go to hell), it still teaches you that there is good and evil and that one day you will have an accounting for all your actions.

Would you please bother to read the rest of his work? (as well as other Secular Humanists and Skeptics, e.g. Paul Kurtz) His proofs though a little naive make a lot of sense to we Secular Humanists. We don't need some nebulous threat in the next world to act morally and ethically in this one. Simple consideration because to a critical thinker treating others as you would wish to be treated is its own reward.

It is Superstition that is unnecessary for the thinking person who believes in his own species as opposed to a numinous ephemeral deity. Nah, blind faith, no matter how based in denial of reality and hatred is so much more comforting. ;)

I loved the video where someone questioned a Westboro member and proved point for point that they evidenced all the classic symptoms of brain washing and programming. They just vomit back what they've been programmed to believe by constant repetition and have lost the ability to think for themselves. They don't need to accept homosexuality they should just start with the New Testament and read the Old in an accurate translation. Nah, blind faith is so much more comforting. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
herio at 12:44AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
ozoneocean at 5:20AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
You know… if you replace the B with an R and get rid of the first T is Baptist, you get a better name for those guys. Someone should deface their signs.

Aurora Moon at 6:21AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
You know… if you replace the B with an R and get rid of the first T is Baptist, you get a better name for those guys. Someone should deface their signs.

hahaha! that's a good idea right there!
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
kyupol at 7:26AM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
Would you please bother to read the rest of his work? (as well as other Secular Humanists and Skeptics, e.g. Paul Kurtz) His proofs though a little naive make a lot of sense to we Secular Humanists. We don't need some nebulous threat in the next world to act morally and ethically in this one. Simple consideration because to a critical thinker treating others as you would wish to be treated is its own reward.

It is Superstition that is unnecessary for the thinking person who believes in his own species as opposed to a numinous ephemeral deity. Nah, blind faith, no matter how based in denial of reality and hatred is so much more comforting.

I loved the video where someone questioned a Westboro member and proved point for point that they evidenced all the classic symptoms of brain washing and programming. They just vomit back what they've been programmed to believe by constant repetition and have lost the ability to think for themselves. They don't need to accept homosexuality they should just start with the New Testament and read the Old in an accurate translation. Nah, blind faith is so much more comforting.

Does a child think critically? A child's mind can be easily brainwashed. I used to be heavily brainwashed into Catholicism (a semi-hardline form of it) from birth to until I was about 18 or so. It was when I hit 18 when I went “wait a minute…”

There needs to be a method to teach responsibility to children. I know you probably have a different method but its not a fool-proof one for sure.

As ALL belief systems (including atheism) have a weak spot. All of them can be used as tools of tyranny by the governing elite.

How?

Christianity
- Turn the other cheek. (Matthew 5:39)
- Submit to government regardless of how it behaves. (Romans 13:1)

Belief systems that believe in reincarnation, meditation and such
- Don't do anything. Just meditate and everything will be fine. Also don't worry. Jesus Christ, the Galactic Federation, and the Ascended Masters will come at the right moment. There's nothing to worry about.
- He must be poor because he must have been a bad person in the previous life. (promotes lack of sympathy for others)

Atheism
- There's no God, no heaven, no hell. Do what you want as long as it benefits you. Its ok. You wont be punished in the end. There probably is no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.
Such kind of thinking can result to destroyed families… therefore enabling the state to come in as the role of the parent.

So in the end, its all up to the individual. Personally I don't submit to one particular belief system.
NOW UPDATING!!!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved