Networking & Community Projects*

Got a big project planned but I need some help
reidavidson at 8:57PM, June 16, 2007
(offline)
I've decided to embark on a very detailed project. One so detailed that I need help.

I have a story line. A GOOD story line. I believe in this plot more than I have believed in anything I've ever written.

I want to turn it into a real manga. I want to go all the way with it and I'm just one person.

So here's what I need:

Mostly artists. Specifically good inkers and people who can do backgrounds. If you can copy others' styles really well that'd be awesome.

Writers. People who can point out my weak points and strengthen them. People with good ideas who can take an already good idea and make it better. Even if it's as simple as BETAing, I need it.

People who want to be involved in something. People who want to get their name out there and have big dreams for themselves.

If you want to help, I have a place for you. I will FIND a place for you. I will involve as many people as I can and as many as want to join in. Even if you aren't a phenominal artist or writer, I can use as much help as I can.

And if you would like to help but can't? Don't worry about it. And good luck.

If you might be interested, let's talk.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
Bocaj at 11:26AM, June 17, 2007
(online)
I will provide help in moderation.
My skills: Humor person (ideas, and timing), kinda plot person, art/style critique, maybe help in action scenes.

What kind of thing would this be?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:30AM
reidavidson at 1:44PM, June 19, 2007
(offline)
I kinda hate summarizing the story because it sounds very unoriginal in a nutshell. One of those “there is a secret world in our world no one knows about!” things. Its the details that make this story work.

But basically: There's a worldwide company called Channel X that assumes control over the internet. If you want to do it online, you do it through Channel X. Some people rely on the services of this company completely.

A hacker who is suspicious of the company discovers plans for world take over by hacking into their database, and, passing it off as some kind of code, also finds documents about Spirits and magic.

The next thing he knows, he's a ghost, his body in a coma, trying to escape from several (somewhat whimsical) magical Spirits. A modern day witch, a sixteen year old crimelord, his bodyguard, and a very unexplicably frightening hispanic girl become involved and they, together, try to unravel what Channel X is really supposed to be, and it ends up being so much more than world domination.

It's very over the top story with a semi-dark gothic feel, with a very satiristic line up of characters and a very interesting take on how magic works.

ktrcoyote at 10:42PM, June 20, 2007
(offline)
that sounds like it could be pretty good idea, my suggestion would it would be cool if you could find a way to intergrate magic and electronics together, the combination of sci/fantasy would be very interesting. like if you could modify the ethereal with computers.

here are my ideas/suggestions playing off what you have going

-channel x could have a secret underground project to embed computer code vie electric pulses into the once unruly angry spirits allowing them to be controlled, modified, ehanced. like if a demonic ghost could be genetically enhanced to become something new and hundred times more dangerous.

-you could have programmers find a way to translate magic spells into 1's and 0's making essential magical computer code. what once took hours of chanting and praying and spell casting can be done in half a secound and several hundred times stronger. the better the programmer the better the magic

- no offense but “channel x” is a little too much of a stereotypical evil corporation name. make it a name that sounds friendly and corporate, yet once the truth is found out can sound evil. take for example resident evil's “umbrella corporation” its not evil sounding at first but soon becomes synonymous with evil as the story develops.

=================
i know i probly will get a torn a new asshole for this, i know this is like my 2nd post but i do read alot, especially comics, so i at least know a little bit of what im talking about.
:)

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
reidavidson at 10:34AM, June 21, 2007
(offline)
No, you're all right. XD But the thing is, the story is already written in it's entirety so I don't need a lot of suggestion for new stuff unless it can be incorporated into the story as-is.

I know you're right about the name “Channel X” but it's a play off a project we created in one of my college courses and I like it. Though I may have to sacrifice it for the final cut.

But thanks. :) I need honesty like that.

reidavidson at 8:48PM, June 21, 2007
(offline)
http://spiritx.freeforums.org/index.php

Go there if you're interested please. :3

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon