Comic Talk and General Discussion *

greatest nightmare/fear
time00 at 7:50AM, Feb. 28, 2010
(online)
just as the topic says whats your greatest nightmare/fear and just like dreams u r boundless.
i space out more than anybody…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
crocty at 8:02AM, Feb. 28, 2010
(offline)
time00
just as the topic says whats your greatest nightmare/fear and just like dreams u r boundless.
I am very suspicious of your intentions of what you will do with this information.

Especially since you didn't answer your own question.

J'ACUSE!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
time00 at 9:21AM, Feb. 28, 2010
(online)
this topic might be locked or worse if i told mine.
but if it's that creepy i'll make a completly diffrent topic.
i space out more than anybody…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:59PM, Feb. 28, 2010
(offline)
me myself and Chuck Norris
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
skoolmunkee at 4:56PM, Feb. 28, 2010
(offline)
I greatly dislike holes. Not all holes, but a specific kind. It's too much to bother describing right now, but things like organic sponges and volcanic rock fill me with a deep primal revulsion and make me want to scream (and/or vomit depending on touching proximity).
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
GracehFaceh at 7:34PM, Feb. 28, 2010
(online)
I don't know why, but I get skittish around middle aged men I'm not familiar with. I start getting paranoid really easily. Once my mom left me in the car while she went into the bank and a guy got into the car next to me and started beeping his horn. I got really scared so I started looking around the car for things to kill him with if I had to… All I found was some tire cleaner. ._____.

skoolmunkee
I greatly dislike holes. Not all holes, but a specific kind. It's too much to bother describing right now, but things like organic sponges and volcanic rock fill me with a deep primal revulsion and make me want to scream (and/or vomit depending on touching proximity).

Oddly enough, same here. Gives me the chills… O.o
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
HippieVan at 8:03PM, Feb. 28, 2010
(online)
Allergic reactions. There are things out there that would scare me more, but that's what I spend the most time being scared of.
That and growing up, I guess.

Less seriously, fish also really freak me out. Something about them just makes me really, really uncomfortable, ever since I was a little kid. I don't like swimming in lakes, especially where the water isn't clear, even if I know there are no fish(say, a man-made beach) because of the thought that they could be lurking around me without me knowing.
I'm getting the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. :(
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
humorman at 8:08PM, Feb. 28, 2010
(offline)
Momar, King of Foon.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Ozoneocean at 2:27AM, March 1, 2010
(online)
School. With homework overdue, exams coming up and masses of assignments unfinished.

I still sometimes dream I'm back in school with work unfinished. -_-

Not that school was really that bad, but the anxiety caused by late work and upcoming assignments must have caused psychic scarring. :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
Cthulhu at 3:52AM, March 1, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
You, my dear munkee of skool, are a trypophobe. Welcome to the club!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
Ozoneocean at 4:30AM, March 1, 2010
(online)
OGGLY BOOGLY BOOGLY!

…it's harder to find good hole pics than I thought -_-
skoolmunkee at 10:12AM, March 1, 2010
(offline)
I hate you so much right now.

Edit: The worst is probably that bottom one, though that middle white one has those funny thready holes and I don't like thready things either. (for example, I hate this thing.

I'm sure it's related to insect nests or something, but that doesn't explain why stuff like this gives me the creeps. If those holes were square it would be an entirely different story.

IT'S OLD BATMAN
Hawk at 10:43AM, March 1, 2010
(online)
The only specific thing I can think of right now is family members dying. I don't think that's particularly rare though.

ozoneocean
I still sometimes dream I'm back in school with work unfinished. -_-

You know, that happens to me periodically and I wonder when it will stop happening. I always dream that there was some class I forgot that I was enrolled in, and now the semester partway through and I'm in serious trouble.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
lba at 11:43AM, March 1, 2010
(online)
The white rocks look kind of like skulls or porous bone.

For me it's the idea of worms crawling underneath skin. Images of it won't bug me, just if it were actually occurring. For the most part I don't really know my fears very well. I have very few of them that I'm conscious of, and the few serious fears that I do have are typically visceral-reactive. I don't know I'm freaking out until I black out or something because of it. No irrational or odd ones that I know of. I do have a lot of war nightmares though. Lots of things like taking painful gut wounds or being shot through the iliac artery and having it contract into the wound. Thank you Black Hawk Down for that one
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
Product Placement at 12:05PM, March 1, 2010
(online)
I have this annoying fear about getting stuck or pinned. If my freedom of movement has been somehow hindered, I start to panic and start struggling in an adrenalin rush. This is gonna sound ironic and funny but when I first put on my engagement ring, I felt that same panic because the sensation of having that ring on my finger was the same as having my finger stuck in a hole. Putting on the ring made me want to remove it as fast as I could and shake my hand to make the feeling go away. I eventually got used to it in the end but if I try putting the ring on the other hand, that same feeling returns.
skoolmunkee
things like organic sponges and volcanic rock fill me with a deep primal revulsion and make me want to scream (and/or vomit depending on touching proximity).
Uhm… don't ever visit Iceland then. Just… don't, because… well…

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
usedbooks at 12:29PM, March 1, 2010
(online)
Driving or even riding in a car can fill me with a deep dread. I know I have to do it all the time, and I push past it. Luckily, it isn't a “phobia” but I can't help but feel unsettled. I was in a car accident myself, completely uninjured, but that experience increased my fear. I've known too many people who died in car accidents. It's always so sudden and just a shock to hear. It's probably the most dangerous activity we engage in on nearly a daily basis.

In addition to that, I fear being alone. I'm an introvert, so I do like my seclusion to work/read/whatever, but usually someone else is near at hand. I hate walking by myself. I hate being alone at night. I imagine burglaries or if I was injured and no one was around to help me. I can't sleep at all unless there is at least a cat in the house I clan blame all the nighttime noises on.

The last thing that comes to mind are parasites of all kinds. Fleas and leeches don't bother me *too* much, but ticks (ooo, I hate how they move!), lice, worms, and any other things I hear about (bot flies… *shudder* ). Mosquitoes bother me a little, but since they don't hang on or dig in, they aren't so bad –by themselves (again… bot flies…). I should have never taken that Parasitology class. I keep adding on to a list of countries I can never visit because of their parasites.

~~~

My actual sleeping nightmares usually involve a pet or relative dying. I also often dream that my teeth are falling out (sometimes by handfuls) or that I'm being targeted by sentient murderous lightning storms and corrosive blood rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
same at 1:53PM, March 1, 2010
(online)
Scroll down!

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
skoolmunkee at 2:40PM, March 1, 2010
(offline)
Hawk
You know, that happens to me periodically and I wonder when it will stop happening. I always dream that there was some class I forgot that I was enrolled in, and now the semester partway through and I'm in serious trouble.
Eventually it will become “I dream that there is a work project I have to do and I forgot about it completely and it needs to be done tomorrow.”

Same story. :[

same
Scroll down!
Haha, I was waiting for that. :] I'm less bothered by that one than the lamprey-teeth-in-finger photoshop
IT'S OLD BATMAN
same at 2:44PM, March 1, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
Hawk
Eventually it will become “I dream that there is a work project I have to do and I forgot about it completely and it needs to be done tomorrow.”

Same story. :[

same
Scroll down!
Haha, I was waiting for that. :] I'm less bothered by that one than the lamprey-teeth-in-finger photoshop

Ive seen lampreys shopped in worse places.
no-longer-active1 at 6:13PM, March 1, 2010
(offline)
I have a great feeling this topic could be used against me in war…so I'm going to say my greatest fear is..bananas. Yes..B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!
Going through motions while I get my head straight.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM
Lonnehart at 6:18PM, March 1, 2010
(online)
GameCargo
I have a great feeling this topic could be used against me in war…so I'm going to say my greatest fear is..bananas. Yes..B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!

*forcefully mashes a banana creme pie in GameCargo's face…*

At the moment my greatest fear is that DrunkDuck will disappear… I hope that never happens.

My former greatest fear is walking down a long red carpet with a woman veiled in white, the both of us approaching a guy in a black robe holding a book in his hand. He asks me a question and… I wake up from the nightmare, screaming…

So why is it my “former” greatest fear? Because at my age (39 this year) it has absolutely NO CHANCE of happening. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
no-longer-active1 at 6:28PM, March 1, 2010
(offline)
Lonnehart
GameCargo

*forcefully mashes a banana creme pie in GameCargo's face…*

At the moment my greatest fear is that DrunkDuck will disappear… I hope that never happens.

My former greatest fear is walking down a long red carpet with a woman veiled in white, the both of us approaching a guy in a black robe holding a book in his hand. He asks me a question and… I wake up from the nightmare, screaming…

So why is it my “former” greatest fear? Because at my age (39 this year) it has absolutely NO CHANCE of happening. :)
Nooooo! *licks the banana creme pie.* Not that bad…hey! I faced my fears. I'm better than all of you lol.

But seriously, my greatest fear is that Law and Order SVU will cease to exist and Mariska Hargitay is kidnapped.
Going through motions while I get my head straight.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM
Product Placement at 6:34PM, March 1, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
lamprey-teeth-in-finger photoshop
Oh! So those were lamprey mouths? I always wondered what they were using in those pictures.

My ex once fell for a viral chain letter that warned about buying bras made in China. It claimed that a woman bought one such bra from a discount bin and it contained insect eggs that got into her nipples and well… the picture that followed the letter was a photoshoped composite of a female breast and that thing that same posted. Even though I knew it was fake, it was still one of the most sickening things I had ever seen.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
The Gravekeeper at 6:56PM, March 1, 2010
(offline)
Being buried alive (weird since I'm not claustrophobic) and waking up one day to find that I am completely and utterly alone. Luckily both are so remote that I'm much more likely to be struck by lightning ten times in a row within the space of 2 minutes.

And for anyone grossed out by the ‘shopped lamprey pictures, do NOT look up bot fly removals on Youtube. If I just picqued your curiosity and you really want to see now, you have been warned. It ain’t pretty by any stretch of the imagination.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
Scribe_Drizz at 7:05PM, March 1, 2010
(online)
My rational fear is falling from a great height.

I'm not even sure how to put my irrational fear into words. I'm not afraid of holes. I'm afraid of shapes that look like they'd move or would be full of germs. Skoolmunkee's pics didn't bother me, neither do pics like lotus-boob, but Ozone's third pic made me want to puke. I Googled “organic shapes” and didn't like what came up. and Pics like this make me itch. But I don't feel this way when I'm looking down a microscope or something. It's like, when I'm in a lab, I know that that's where it belongs: under a slide. Anywhere else is wrong.

When I was about 17, I had a set of bedsheets that looked like giant purple bandanas. I thought they were the best thing in the world, until I slept on them. That night, I dreamt that the paisley shapes had come alive and were burrowing into my skin. Not “head first” with wierd, whippy paisley tails waving about, but length-wise, so that I had oblong, curvy dents in my skin filled with swirling baby paisley shapes. I could feel the suction when I tried to pry them up. And, when I finally got one loose, the underside was full of little wormy tentacles.

I woke up, threw up, threw the sheets away, and spent the night scrubbing the house.

I'm afraid of falling, swirly photoshop effects, and paisley shirts. Bletch! I want to grate my skin off. Time for a shower.

ETA: I love the botfly vid! Whomever got to pull them out was sooo lucky!

Oh yeah, and I'm also afraid of scraping myself on the underside of tables and unfamiliar stuff. Who knows what's under there!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
Ozoneocean at 7:33PM, March 1, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
I hate you so much right now.
hehehehe ^__^
Hawk
That is EXACTLY the sensation! Usually for me it's geography class, or some maths class I'm apparently supposed to be in.
I don't think those anxiety dreams will ever go away, since it's been a very loooooong time since I've done any maths or geography classes.

lba's thing reminded me of how much I don't like knives, because slices and slashes in flesh are something I hate. I don't mind stabs, or cutting up hunks of meat, but a slice across skin is not cool. Not so bad for something dead, but still not cool. I hate it, get antsy, itchy, twitchy, and revolted at the thought or sight of it. But when it actually happens to me or someone else by accident I can shut that off completely, go stone cold calm and treat it perfectly without flinching or any hesitation. Which is useful.
But I still don't like knives (not butter knives) and have a compulsion to put them away properly whenever I see them lying about.- all cleaned up and safely back in their knife block, sheath, drawer or whatever.

So I don't like watching operations, and that scene in the famous surrealist film (can't recall what it's call? Cabinet of Dr Caligari?) where there's a close up of the guy slicing the woman's eyeball open with a razor blade is revolting.
HippieVan at 7:47PM, March 1, 2010
(online)
Slicing bothers me too, ozone! Stabbing someone is gross too, obviously, but going across the skin and opening it up, just…blech. I always get terrible images of something happening when someone leaves a knife out.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
martinlo_23 at 8:02PM, March 1, 2010
(offline)
I fear:

-Human flesh (more especifically, gross things)
-Heights
-Being Buried alive
-Suffering
-FAILURE

Oh, and New Age Hippies stripping naked and running around.
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 9:11PM, March 1, 2010
(online)
My biggest fear by far is not dieing but the part after dieing. Is there anything after? I'm so afraid that there isn't and my conscience, who I am will just end. That scairs me so much that I can't bare to think about it without nearly causeing myself a panic attack. I could care less if there is a heaven or hell as long as I continue to exist. If I die and wake up in hell I'll be the happiest man in hell.

I also don't like the lava fields at Hawaii. It has holes, some quite deep, and there are centipedes that come out at night. So lets see there is fear of holes, falling and fear of inscets.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
same at 4:20AM, March 2, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
skoolmunkee
lamprey-teeth-in-finger photoshop
Oh! So those were lamprey mouths? I always wondered what they were using in those pictures.

My ex once fell for a viral chain letter that warned about buying bras made in China. It claimed that a woman bought one such bra from a discount bin and it contained insect eggs that got into her nipples and well… the picture that followed the letter was a photoshoped composite of a female breast and that thing that same posted. Even though I knew it was fake, it was still one of the most sickening things I had ever seen.

Youre talking a bout lotus boob. And yeah. You can guess where the lamprey was photoshopped. Its like a finger… only men have them… and it makes you cringe just looking at the picture.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon