Comic Talk and General Discussion *

greatest nightmare/fear
Kroatz at 4:31AM, March 2, 2010
(online)
I am a bit scared of holes, I don't like falling in them I suppose…

My main fear are spirals however. I feared them even before I read Uzumaki, And now that I've read it I fear it even more. The scary thing is that my neighborhoud is also kind of spirally… my street runs in a spiral, A tree in front of my house used to have one spiral branch before I tore it off and lastly my neighbor has a fountain in his front yard that sends the water upwards in a spiral.

I hate spirals…
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Scribe_Drizz at 4:42AM, March 2, 2010
(online)
same
Product Placement
skoolmunkee
lamprey-teeth-in-finger photoshop
Oh! So those were lamprey mouths? I always wondered what they were using in those pictures.

My ex once fell for a viral chain letter that warned about buying bras made in China. It claimed that a woman bought one such bra from a discount bin and it contained insect eggs that got into her nipples and well… the picture that followed the letter was a photoshoped composite of a female breast and that thing that same posted. Even though I knew it was fake, it was still one of the most sickening things I had ever seen.

Youre talking a bout lotus boob. And yeah. You can guess where the lamprey was photoshopped. Its like a finger… only men have them… and it makes you cringe just looking at the picture.
I got those picsin a chain mail and I was like LMAO. Then I sent a reply back telling the sender to stop being so gullible.

I don't have a love of bugs or spineless things, but even photoshopped, you can look at them and figure out what's real and what's not and know that there's nothing to worry about.

Something like necrotizing fasciitis, those pics make me feel sad. It's not like “lampreynis.” It's not common, but it could happen. And it did happen to all those people in the image search. I think things like that is why I'm afraid of scraping my skin or sticking my hand somewhere I can't see clearly.

I guess my irrational fear is that I'm a little bit mysophobic. Not a lot, though. Raw bacon tastes good!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
same at 10:16AM, March 2, 2010
(online)
I choked on a cigarette filter this morning and ever since ive felt violated. So i guess things going where they arent supposed to would scare me. And no “In the butt” jokes please.

Wut wut.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
imshard at 10:41AM, March 2, 2010
(offline)
Worst nightmare? Endlessly falling in a vacuum. No air, no light, just endless space. Odd since I'm not normally phobic of suffocating and falling. Hell, I scuba dive and sky dive for fun.

Worst fear? Spiders and Wrongful Punishment.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:59PM
usedbooks at 10:59AM, March 2, 2010
(online)
I find mirrors have the best potential to be frightening. One of my biggest paranormal/hypothetical fears would be to either see something in a mirror that wasn't present in reality, to have something in reality that didn't reflect from a mirror, or to have the reflection subtly different than reality. The more mundane the object, the more frightening it is – like a red apple reflects as a green apple or if one pencil in a pencil holder apparently has no reflection.

These are the weird thoughts that creep into my mind and give me insomnia. :P Or if I feel like I want to have the fear feeling, I'll stare in a mirror and make myself imagine things like that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
same at 11:47AM, March 2, 2010
(online)
imshard
Worst nightmare? Endlessly falling in a vacuum. No air, no light, just endless space. Odd since I'm not normally phobic of suffocating and falling. Hell, I scuba dive and sky dive for fun.

The bottom of the sea has no light or air.
usedbooks at 12:09PM, March 2, 2010
(online)
same
imshard

And the pressure will crush you to death. (Submarines are way scarier than spaceships.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
same at 2:52PM, March 2, 2010
(online)
usedbooks
same
imshard

And the pressure will crush you to death. (Submarines are way scarier than spaceships.)

Imagine how hard life must be for whatever life is down there then :p
Ozoneocean at 8:42PM, March 2, 2010
(online)
same
usedbooks
And the pressure will crush you to death. (Submarines are way scarier than spaceships.
What? It's not hard for life down there at all. the pressure for them is normal since it's all they ever know- their bodies are perfectly equalised with it anyway. If you bring them up here it's a bit like putting them in a vacuum. The low heat and light is also normal. Things are relative ;)

I fear this day will never end. -_-
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
The Gravekeeper at 9:57AM, March 3, 2010
(offline)
Scribe_Drizz
I got those picsin a chain mail and I was like LMAO. Then I sent a reply back telling the sender to stop being so gullible.

I don't have a love of bugs or spineless things, but even photoshopped, you can look at them and figure out what's real and what's not and know that there's nothing to worry about.

Something like necrotizing fasciitis, those pics make me feel sad. It's not like “lampreynis.” It's not common, but it could happen. And it did happen to all those people in the image search. I think things like that is why I'm afraid of scraping my skin or sticking my hand somewhere I can't see clearly.

I guess my irrational fear is that I'm a little bit mysophobic. Not a lot, though. Raw bacon tastes good!

That kinda reminds me of this one patient my mother had to deal with…you see, this woman had become morbidly obese and, as a result of her terrible eating habits, also had diabetes. Her complete inactivity and immense weight actually cut off the oxygen to the skin in the folds of her fat, so she developed necrotizing fasciitis in those areas. If that's not a damn good reason to watch your weight, I don't know what is.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
Scribe_Drizz at 10:19AM, March 3, 2010
(online)
The Gravekeeper
That kinda reminds me of this one patient my mother had to deal with…you see, this woman had become morbidly obese and, as a result of her terrible eating habits, also had diabetes. Her complete inactivity and immense weight actually cut off the oxygen to the skin in the folds of her fat, so she developed necrotizing fasciitis in those areas. If that's not a damn good reason to watch your weight, I don't know what is.
That is disgusting and sad.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
The Gravekeeper at 10:36AM, March 3, 2010
(offline)
Scribe_Drizz
The Gravekeeper

What's really sad is that she and her family weren't willing to do anything about it. She refused to do even the simplest of excercises and her family snuck food to her.
same at 1:55PM, March 3, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
same
usedbooks
And the pressure will crush you to death. (Submarines are way scarier than spaceships.
What? It's not hard for life down there at all. the pressure for them is normal since it's all they ever know- their bodies are perfectly equalised with it anyway. If you bring them up here it's a bit like putting them in a vacuum. The low heat and light is also normal. Things are relative ;)

I fear this day will never end. -_-

God works in mysterious ways.

same at 2:07PM, March 3, 2010
(online)
The Gravekeeper
Scribe_Drizz
The Gravekeeper

What's really sad is that she and her family weren't willing to do anything about it. She refused to do even the simplest of excercises and her family snuck food to her.

My girlfriends family are like that. Always feeding her junk food and never helping her exercise or encuraging her. I go on walks with her to help her loose weight and in the process i stay healthy. Life is hard when youve noone willing to help you when you clearly need it.
rokulily at 2:48PM, March 3, 2010
(online)
i am very afraid of things stealing my blood.

needles, leeches, lampreys, vampires, etc.

i have kicked a dentist for even coming near me with a needle without warning, and have almost passed out from watching a film on leeches… i will not be donating blood ever so i'm glad i don't have a super rare blood type…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Product Placement at 7:04PM, March 3, 2010
(online)
rokulily
i am very afraid of things stealing my blood.
I just had to fight off this urge to tell a very sexist joke, involving a monthly situation.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Ozoneocean at 8:15PM, March 3, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
rokulily
i am very afraid of things stealing my blood
I just had to fight off this urge to tell a very sexist joke, involving a monthly situation.
Don't fight it PP! Let your sexism consume you!

…I think I was going for an Empire Strikes Back joke there… Or something?

My mum is deathly afraid of many things. Among them:
-Cockroaches.
-Lightning.
-Heights.
-Small spaces.
-Big dogs.
ParkerFarker at 3:13AM, March 4, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
So I don't like watching operations, and that scene in the famous surrealist film (can't recall what it's call? Cabinet of Dr Caligari?) where there's a close up of the guy slicing the woman's eyeball open with a razor blade is revolting.

I once paper cut my eye ball once. Not very deep, just through the clear membrane, but still.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Kroatz at 7:02AM, March 4, 2010
(online)
How did you papercut your eyeball…

Seriously.
That is not something you should be proud of.

At all.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
PPPchairman at 11:13AM, March 4, 2010
(online)
I hate Cockroaches. Things scare the crap out me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
The Gravekeeper at 10:21AM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
So I don't like watching operations, and that scene in the famous surrealist film (can't recall what it's call? Cabinet of Dr Caligari?) where there's a close up of the guy slicing the woman's eyeball open with a razor blade is revolting.

Ditto. I'm totally comfortable watching autopsies and was completely at home when we had to dissect things in high school (although the smell of the damn formaldehyde did get to after a while) but I can't stand those medical shows where the camera's practically right in the incision. Who knows, maybe I'd be able to watch the real thing in front of me because I wouldn't be sticking my nose right in the middle of everything. Stupid TMI (Too Much Information) camera angles.
ParkerFarker at 6:53PM, March 6, 2010
(online)
Kroatz

Seriously.

At all.

well you see, it was during french class and we each had a blue piece of paper and a pink piece of paper and when the teacher said a vocab word, we had to hold up blue for masculine words and pink for feminine words. Well I held up one of the cards… straight into my eyeball.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
The Gravekeeper at 7:50PM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
ParkerFarker
Kroatz

Seriously.

At all.

well you see, it was during french class and we each had a blue piece of paper and a pink piece of paper and when the teacher said a vocab word, we had to hold up blue for masculine words and pink for feminine words. Well I held up one of the cards… straight into my eyeball.

Proof that learning another language is hazardous to your health.
highspeedcomics at 8:42PM, March 6, 2010
(offline)
Eels.

No thank you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
GracehFaceh at 8:49PM, March 6, 2010
(online)
The Gracekeeper

Especially French. That shit'll kill ya.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
ParkerFarker at 10:10PM, March 6, 2010
(online)
GracehFaceh
The Gracekeeper

Especially French. That shit'll kill ya.

I'm lucky I escaped with my life really.

Ozoneocean at 1:56AM, March 7, 2010
(online)
ParkerFarker
But did you?
Really?

Are you a real person commenting on a forum and posting comments and your self pics etc, or are you just a ghost inside the internet who thinks he's a real person? Huh? Huh?

Spooky!
ParkerFarker at 2:50AM, March 7, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
ParkerFarker
But did you?
Really?

Are you a real person commenting on a forum and posting comments and your self pics etc, or are you just a ghost inside the internet who thinks he's a real person? Huh? Huh?

Spooky!

010010 010100 1100101 uhhh… cough cough… no, I'm a real person.

PIT_FACE at 7:20AM, March 7, 2010
(online)
man, i love lurking in this topic.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
GracehFaceh at 8:47AM, March 7, 2010
(online)
Oh, I forgot my irrational fear of getting breast cancer. Me of all people, I know. I often mistake my own ribcage for a tumor. lol!

ParkerFarker
ozoneocean
ParkerFarker
But did you?
Really?

Spooky!

010010 010100 1100101 uhhh… cough cough… no, I'm a real person.

When ParkerFarker was dead at the end of Sixth Sense (French class?)–
I jizzed. in. my pants.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon