Comic Talk and General Discussion *

greatest nightmare/fear
lba at 9:02AM, March 7, 2010
(online)
ParkerFarker
I once paper cut my eye ball once. Not very deep, just through the clear membrane, but still.

Oh, that reminds me of one ( like I said, I don't consciously notice most of the time. ). Whenever I'm using an X-acto knife, and I hold it blade upward in front of a desk, I get this uncomfortable feeling like for no reason whatsoever, I'm just going to slam my head forward and put it into my eye. It's not even like a suicidal thought, or a fear, just this uncomfortable feeling like I've got some weird imperative to do it, and one day I'm just going to decide,“you know what sounds good? slamming a sharp hunk of metal deep into my eye socket and brain”. But I don't actively want to do it, even though the feeling is that it would be an action I'd physically initiate under my own power. It only happens with X-acto knives too. I have a huge number of other knives, blades and assorted pointy objects around my studio and the feeling never occurs like my head is just going to slam forward into it. And of course, I do a huge amount of print-making and stenciling which both require X-acto knives.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
PIT_FACE at 9:03AM, March 7, 2010
(online)
you know grace, worrying about cancer will GET you cancer….>:)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
LOOKIS at 9:04AM, March 7, 2010
(offline)
I remember my FIRST nightmare (or I remember the first nightmare that I can still remember?) anyway I was a kid.

I dreamed my mother sliced off my dog's nose with a sharp knife.

If I had a psychiatrist that dream would probably be good for at least 10 or 20 sessions.
………………. LEAVE THIS SPACE BLANK …………………
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
GracehFaceh at 9:07AM, March 7, 2010
(online)
PIT_FACE
you know grace, worrying about cancer will GET you cancer….>:)

I'll cancer YOU.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
Ozoneocean at 9:10AM, March 7, 2010
(online)
GracehFaceh
When ParkerFarker was dead at the end of Sixth Sense (French class?)–
I jizzed. in. my pants.
Banana cream.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
GracehFaceh at 9:25AM, March 7, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
GracehFaceh
When ParkerFarker was dead at the end of Sixth Sense (French class?)–
I jizzed. in. my pants.
Banana cream.

All over your pancakes. Now THAT'll kill ya.

LOOKIS
I remember my FIRST nightmare (or I remember the first nightmare that I can still remember?) anyway I was a kid.

I'm pretty sure my first nightmare as a child was having Barney the dinosaur come to my window while I was trying to sleep and pawing at it aggressively to get my attention.

Since then, I can't look out windows at night. :neenjah:
HippieVan at 9:33AM, March 7, 2010
(online)
I used to have a recurring dream when I was kid where my whole family(extended and all) would meet out in the desert by some prop house and go down a hole in the ground. We would walk through this huge tunnel with doors on either side - sometimes in the dream I would open one and there were always terrifying monsters behind them. At the end there would be a sleeping vampire, past which was the thing we were looking for. Of course, nearly every time(I think I got past him once) the vampire would wake up and chase us back through the tunnel, at which point we would realize there was now a WHALE blocking the hole we had come in through.

Stupid whales, always where they don't belong.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
The Gravekeeper at 10:16AM, March 7, 2010
(offline)
Hippie Van
I used to have a recurring dream when I was kid where my whole family(extended and all) would meet out in the desert by some prop house and go down a hole in the ground. We would walk through this huge tunnel with doors on either side - sometimes in the dream I would open one and there were always terrifying monsters behind them. At the end there would be a sleeping vampire, past which was the thing we were looking for. Of course, nearly every time(I think I got past him once) the vampire would wake up and chase us back through the tunnel, at which point we would realize there was now a WHALE blocking the hole we had come in through.

Stupid whales, always where they don't belong.

A whale in the middle of a desert for no reason? I wonder where the bowl of petunias got to.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
HippieVan at 11:07AM, March 7, 2010
(online)
What's weirder is that I knew it was a giant whale blocking the way out, even though we were underneath it.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
same at 2:42PM, March 7, 2010
(online)
Crunchy things in food that isnt supposed to be crunchy and then you dunno what it was but its too late… you've already swallowed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Product Placement at 2:57PM, March 7, 2010
(online)
GracehFaceh
I'm pretty sure my first nightmare as a child was having Barney the dinosaur come to my window while I was trying to sleep and pawing at it aggressively to get my attention.

And now I have this urge to show up at GracehFaceh's house, one night, with live size Barney dolls to place at all the windows.

Reading this thread is making me realize more and more that I'm not a very good person.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
GracehFaceh at 5:08PM, March 7, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
GracehFaceh

And now I have this urge to show up at GracehFaceh's house, one night, with live size Barney dolls to place at all the windows.

Reading this thread is making me realize more and more that I'm not a very good person.

It's okay, I didn't need to sleep at all.
Kroatz at 9:13AM, March 8, 2010
(online)
GracehFaceh

Since then, I can't look out windows at night.

My first nightmare was about Mickey Mouse.
It was a happy day and me, my siblings and my parents went to disneyland. While there I made fun of Mickeys ears…

BIG MISTAKE

Long story short, Mickey used his big shoes to break the world in two.
The End
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Mettaur at 9:29PM, March 8, 2010
(offline)
Right now, my greatest fear is letting my family, and therefore myself, down.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
Randal at 10:01AM, April 1, 2010
(offline)
I once had a dream where I was the murderous monster chasing others who were fleeing in terror. It was one of worst and weirdest nightmares I ever had.

I also had a dream where, after I opened my eyes in terror, I could still see the dream antagonists face laughing maniacally at me. It was freaky. I understand why, it happens sometimes when you wake up but are momentarily still in dream mode. It's more of a mental imprint on your brain from your dream and not actual sight, but it's still creepy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Zad at 9:42PM, April 8, 2010
(online)
Hmmm…I suppose…the future? Mostly because it contains all my fears. I'm going to fail a class, not get a job, be super-shy, and so on.
Gawd, how I hate the future.

Oh, and nightmares? My worst involved the Jeepers Creepers man, my family in a circle, laughing, and a baby bouncing on asphalt.
It made no sense but I woke up and I just started crying. I was 12. It felt like the end of the world.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
Scribe_Drizz at 2:58PM, April 9, 2010
(online)
Here's my newest fear. If someone found a way to bond this stuff to my flesh, it would skyrocket up to #1 Fear.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
Dave7 at 12:10AM, April 11, 2010
(online)
I don't know if I really have a worst fear now, but when I was a kid, I had this horrible fear of daddy-long-legs. Not spiders in general (even though they're technically not spiders), just daddy-long-legs, even though they're completely harmless. Which is kind of ironic considering I'm an entomologist.

On the other hand, I actually like having nightmares; I've gotten some of my best story-writing material from them.
Post your concerns about the preview page! Support raw html! http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics
]http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics

“That is not dead can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons death may die.”
~H.P. Lovecraft

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
Ksiezniczka at 10:51AM, April 20, 2010
(online)
I'm incredibly needlephobic.

Not just that needles scare me, but it's to the point where I'm 20 and I still have to have my parents take me to the hospital when I need shots because the minute I walk into the hospital all logic leaves my head and I want to run. The nurses have to hold or strap me down, and I often hyperventalate, cry, and shake. The one time I had to get an IV they let me hyperventalate until I fainted just so they could get it in the vein without me shaking so much.

Logically I know flu shots and stuff are meant to be beneficial, but I cannot help but want to die when I see them. And when I actually get the shot it doesn't even hurt so bad, but that intense fear still grips me every time!

On a sillier note, I get the same way around goats. They creep me the heck out and I want to cry if I am near one, but when I'm sitting safely here at home I recognise this is a really dumb phobia
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Air Raid Robertson at 5:38PM, May 6, 2010
(online)
Most of my dreams are fairly pleasant. My childhood was not without nightmares though.

I had a few recurring ones. I had one where I was the sole survivor of some worldwide apocalypse and my family was now a group of diseased mutants trying to eat me. Another one involved a mermaid trying to drown me when I was swimming in the ocean. A third one involved me attempting to perform an exorcism. As you may imagine, it went very, very badly.

Other than that, however, it was all smooth sailing in dreamland.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
alwinbot at 8:32PM, May 6, 2010
(offline)
I'm not afraid of anything.

Except the possibility of another Crusade. Religious wars get sloppy.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Ozoneocean at 9:47PM, May 6, 2010
(online)
alwinbot
Religious wars get sloppy.
Not really. War is war, it's always the same and always bad. There are no good wars and no wars that are inherently worse.
It's like being smothered by human crap- It's not something you want to happen to you no matter much whose it is.

…unless you're into that sort of thing -_-
alwinbot at 12:31PM, May 7, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
alwinbot
Religious wars get sloppy.
Not really. War is war, it's always the same and always bad. There are no good wars and no wars that are inherently worse.
It's like being smothered by human crap- It's not something you want to happen to you no matter much whose it is.

…unless you're into that sort of thing -_-
Religious wars are even worse though, because it's a war fought over something that isn't concrete.

Wars over land, revenge, and money I can understand because it benefits the country. But fighting in the name of God doesn't have anything material to offer.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
Ozoneocean at 3:28PM, May 7, 2010
(online)
alwinbot
Religious wars are even worse though, because it's a war fought over something that isn't concrete.
No war does ;)
All wars are really about land and resources. And they all use silly justifications for their reasoning.
If you study the crusades you'll find that the reality was that younger sons of European royalty were able to carve out new kingdoms and take land for themselves, colonising the middle east- when they wouldn't have had those opportunities at home. Counter crusades by the Mamluks were to take all that lad back. :)

Like Iraq- where the justification varied between a new crusade, something about AlQuida, something abut Sadam being naughty, something about WMD etc. The reality is that a massive new US garrison was built there (biggest in the Middle East), which gives a secure strategic staging post to defend Israel, invade Iran or Syria… etc.
As well as secured oil fields, with companies now able to sell directly to US companies with no hostile leader to increase prices or decide to sell to someone else.

Afghanistan was ostensibly about revenge against AlQuiada, except that they didn't really have anything to do with Afghanistan- only having some training caps in some remote areas there they same as they did in countries in Africa and Pakistan. Strategically it allowed the US and NATO countries to make further inroads against Russia's control over that area of Asia and former Soviet counties- With control over airfields, former Soviet bases etc.
GracehFaceh at 6:54PM, May 7, 2010
(online)
You know what really freaks me out? Nuclear holocaust.

I've been freaked out about it since the second grade after 9/11, when my parents decided we had to store food and water in the basement just in case more attacks came. I was so afraid, I put all my favorite things in a box and stored them in the basement for a couple of days. In the event that we didn't make it in time, they would be safe, I thought. A scary realization for a 8 year old kid!

Then I saw a show on nuclear holocaust not too long ago. Sent chills up my spine like whoa. I hope I die in the bombing, I don't want to have to resort to cannibalism. D:
BffSatan at 6:25AM, May 9, 2010
(online)
Jellyfish, germs and commitment.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
alwinbot at 9:15AM, May 9, 2010
(offline)
GracehFaceh
You know what really freaks me out? Nuclear holocaust.

I've been freaked out about it since the second grade after 9/11, when my parents decided we had to store food and water in the basement just in case more attacks came. I was so afraid, I put all my favorite things in a box and stored them in the basement for a couple of days. In the event that we didn't make it in time, they would be safe, I thought. A scary realization for a 8 year old kid!

Then I saw a show on nuclear holocaust not too long ago. Sent chills up my spine like whoa. I hope I die in the bombing, I don't want to have to resort to cannibalism. D:
I live in New York and I saw the thing happen. I was like 6 or 7 at the time so it was more interesting than scary. All I really remember from that mess was me getting some ice cream.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon