Media Megaforum

Greg Bear.
seventy2 at 9:45PM, Aug. 7, 2009
(online)
so this guy is an awesome writer. The EON trilogy (with short story extra) the forge of god series, and the darwin series.

While this news may be a couple months old, he is now writing a trilogy (which seems to be his thing) for Halo. He's going to be covering the forerunners. i'd love to see where this goes.
a quick google search will get you any official channel, but here's where i found it.

http://www.gregbear.com/blog/display.cfm?id=3325
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
lefarce at 11:51AM, Aug. 8, 2009
(online)
(edit: durp hurp i cant read)

I've never read this guy's stuff, so for all I know he could do Halo justice. But from what I know of that series, it's universe is so blad and riddled with sci-fi stereotypes that it'll be hard not to make a book that causes the reader to feel even more like a neckbeard with each flip of the page. I mean I'm sure someone out there can write a good Halo novel but God damn they would have to be a good writer to do that with what they have to work with.

Someone
While this news may be a couple months old

Of course it is.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
seventy2 at 1:01PM, Aug. 8, 2009
(online)
it says we can discuss books here.

hey. i've got a life. sometimes. and it keeps me from the news. sometimes.
facara
lefarce at 1:04PM, Aug. 8, 2009
(online)
Oh yeah it does. I dont now how I missed that. I guess the Lit. section is for stuff you write, although it seems more like people use it to talk about books too vOv

~my bad~

EDIT: To contribute, I've never heard of Greg Bear, but his name reminds me of Greg the Bunny, which was an awesome show.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
patrickdevine at 11:43AM, Aug. 9, 2009
(online)
I liked Blood Music and I thought that EON started out pretty strong. My biggest gripe with Greg Bear's style of writing is that his endings seem to come out of nowhere, Blood Music especially so. I've only read the first EON book not knowing that there were two more. By the middle of that book I was starting to think that the scientist character Lanier was kind of a wish-fulfillment sort of protagonist and it kind of ruined the story for me.
After I finished Blood Music I mentioned to my friend that loaned me the book that in some ways it reminded me of a short story decompressed into a novel. Then he told me that's actually what it is. What?
He might do OK with Halo, in some ways the Flood are a little like the Noocytes from Blood Music. Of course the Flood are decidedly much more malicious.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
seventy2 at 7:34PM, Aug. 11, 2009
(online)
patrickdevine
He might do OK with Halo, in some ways the Flood are a little like the Noocytes from Blood Music. Of course the Flood are decidedly much more malicious.

i've heard nothing but praise for him. except his newest book “city at the end of time”

i also have not read blood music. borders doesnt keep much of his stuff, and i get it when i get the chance.
facara

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved