Random Discussion

GT4 news story
subcultured at 10:34AM, April 30, 2008
(online)
let the drama begin again:
Someone
A British chap was knifed in front of a line of up to a hundred people waiting to buy Grand Theft Auto IV last night.

The stabbing took place outside the Gamestation store in Croydon. Police said the 23-year-old victim was walking past the crowd when he was stabbed several times by a hooded gent who appeared to be waiting in line.

The suspect is described as being a light skinned black man aged about 21, 6ft 5ins tall, of medium build wearing a light grey hooded top.

" believe there were in the region of 50 to 100 people in the queue,” says a copper. “We are sure many of them will have seen what happened.”

Right. But we all know that true fans won’t break the “What goes on in GTA lines, stays in GTA lines” code, so I declare this case shall go UNSOLVED!

Grand Theft Auto IV went on sale at midnight and is expected to break records for the fastest-selling game of all time.

Someone
Yesterday, speaking exclusively to VideoGamer.com, two pupils from Eyemouth High School in Berwickshire, Scotland have revealed that the launch of BBFC 18-rated GTA 4 left the school feeling “deserted”.

VideoGamer.com forum veteran Calum Duncan, a 17-year-old who picked up GTA 4 on launch said: “Quite a few classes were a lot quieter and not much work got done. I've never had so many friends off at once for the same reason.”

16-year-old Ian Windram, also a forum regular, added: “More than half the school was off today, basically everyone who owns a 360/PS3.”

J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
bluebot092 at 10:37AM, April 30, 2008
(offline)
subcultured
let the drama begin again:
Someone
A British chap was knifed in front of a line of up to a hundred people waiting to buy Grand Theft Auto IV last night.

The stabbing took place outside the Gamestation store in Croydon. Police said the 23-year-old victim was walking past the crowd when he was stabbed several times by a hooded gent who appeared to be waiting in line.

The suspect is described as being a light skinned black man aged about 21, 6ft 5ins tall, of medium build wearing a light grey hooded top.

" believe there were in the region of 50 to 100 people in the queue,â?? says a copper. “We are sure many of them will have seen what happened.”

Right. But we all know that true fans wonâ??t break the â??What goes on in GTA lines, stays in GTA linesâ?? code, so I declare this case shall go UNSOLVED!

Grand Theft Auto IV went on sale at midnight and is expected to break records for the fastest-selling game of all time.

damn when that guy wants the game HE wants the game
I don't have ADD you're just boring me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:28AM
AQua_ng at 12:28PM, April 30, 2008
(online)
subcultured

I live there. :D

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
bluebot092 at 12:55PM, April 30, 2008
(offline)
AQua_ng

:O MURDER!
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 2:12PM, April 30, 2008
(offline)
AQua_ng
subcultured

You should stop chavs like that with your karate and your tae-kwon-do and your kungpow chicken.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:07AM
crocty at 2:50PM, April 30, 2008
(online)
IT'S ALL THE GAME'S FAULT!
BAN THE GAME!
THEN WE WILL HAVE WORLD PEACE!
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
kyupol at 4:51PM, April 30, 2008
(online)
sources?

Anyway that sounds disturbing.

Its NOT the video game but the advertising behind it. An example of mass mind control. :(
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
ozoneocean at 10:35PM, April 30, 2008
(online)
The game is irrelevant. Idiots stab people anyway.

This is in reverse. The game is based on that kind of thing, not a cause. ;)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
subcultured at 1:16AM, May 1, 2008
(online)
let the games begin..
Someone
Independent MP Gordon Copeland is calling for the country to ban Grand Theft Auto IV.

The game, released in New Zealand this week, is the latest in a series already famous for simulated violence and sex.

“It is time to reverse the tide of violence in New Zealand,” Mr Copeland said. "We have to have the courage somewhere, sometime, to say ‘no’ and I agree with Kiwi parents and the police, that this is not a bad place to start.”

New Zealand stores are selling a slightly watered-down version of the game, one censored to meet Australian requirements.
J
subcultured at 1:35AM, May 1, 2008
(online)
Someone
And in the US, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) protested against the game, saying: "drunk driving is a choice, a violent crime… is not a game, and it is not a joke."

Grand Theft Auto IV gives players the option to drive drunk after consuming digital alcohol, but the game suggests taking a cab after drinking with in-game buddies.

Nevertheless, MADD has called upon the US Entertainment Software Ratings Board to reclassify Grand Theft Auto IV as an Adults Only game, banning the game from sale in the US because neither Sony nor Microsoft allow the sale of AO games on their respective consoles in America.

Someone
The above pictured dude, Richard Fiel, 27, is in hot water. He was arrested in San Diego yesterday. The po-po says he had a purloined copy of Grand Theft Auto IV in his truck that he'd swiped from a GameStop after spraying a couple employees with pepper spray.

Cops also found a PlayStation 3 dual-shock controller, and “Grand Theft Auto,”and “Grand Theft Auto III” video games in his vehicle, also presumably stolen from GameStop.

“The call came out as a robbery of a commercial business … and the suspect was described, and the vehicle that he got into was described as a white Toyota pickup truck, lifted with the tailgate down, and our helicopter ABLE spotted the vehicle southbound,” San Diego Police Lt. Karen Tenney. “The officers followed it. The suspect parked here and then ran into the business located behind me and locked the door behind him.”

How many stars Fiel had at the time of his capture remains unknown, but we're thinking one, tops.
J
SarahN at 1:44AM, May 1, 2008
(online)
It's not the game's fault people are retarded. =/
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
bluebot092 at 3:30AM, May 1, 2008
(offline)
crocty
IT'S ALL THE GAME'S FAULT!
BAN THE GAME!
THEN WE WILL HAVE WORLD PEACE!

dude just for saying that your probly gonan get shot
kyupol at 7:12AM, May 1, 2008
(online)

Problem-Reaction-Solution.

Problem = people are doing crazy shit because of GT4 (which I suspect is a mind control experiment).

Reaction = OH NOEZ!!! THAT GAME IS BAD!!! BAN IT!!! BAN IT!!! PLEASE!!! ALSO THOSE GUNS!!! OH NOEZ!!! BAN THEM!!! OMG OMG!!!

Solution = Why dont we have stiffer penalties against guns? Why dont we microchip our kids so we know where they are? Microchipping is also good in order to stop criminals (and future criminals). All we do is send electric signals through the chip in order to immobilize the target. Makes you safer against those terrorists and criminals. YAY!!!

The Americans having their guns is like a buffer zone against the New World Order. Because as learned from Iraq, even a ragtag army can put up a fight against a well equipped army. So your shotguns, submachineguns, pistols, and your tons of firearms and improvised explosives can stand in the way of the New World Order.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
mishi_hime at 9:45AM, May 1, 2008
(offline)
kyupol, all advertising could be considered mind control. It's sole purpose to make people buy stuff. For example, you see a yummy bigmac on tv, they want you to feel like you need it and gotta have it. Your supposed “experiment” has been going on everyday for about 1000 years and has even shaped events and reinforces gender roles.

Also microchiping is bad. Do you really want the government to know what you do everyday? Personally, I don't want anything in my body that could be hacked. Who's going to pay for these microchips? Who honestly would support them? A majority of them people, I think not. The founding fathers wanted government to have little to do with the people, because power in the hands of few is inevitable corruption.

Your solutions are flawed. Life isn't so black and white that one idea is going to fix everything. We have lots of problems.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:03PM
subcultured at 9:59AM, May 1, 2008
(online)
ah yes, sensationalist FOX
he grabs tons of video games…but they single out GTA

hahaha i worked for my GTA
robberies happen even before and even after GTA.
good job, unbiased fox.
J
subcultured at 11:05AM, May 1, 2008
(online)
Someone
CONTROVERSIAL computer game Grand Theft Auto 4, known for its violent game play, led to a real life crime in Chester.

Two boys had their copy of the 18 rated game stolen from them while walking towards Boughton after buying it from Game on Foregate Street, Chester.

A police spokesperson said: “It was a snatching. It looks like somebody has run up behind two young lads walking through Boughton, grabbed a carrier bag with Grand Theft Auto 4 and a hints book, ran off and jumped into a vehicle. The vehicle will have been from the area.”There have been other reports of “pre-launch violence” across the UK. On Tuesday a man was stabbed while waiting in line to buy the game in Croydon, Surrey, leading some bystanders to think it was a promotional stunt.

In Leyland, Lancashire an 18-year-old man was mugged by two thieves who punched him to the ground and kicked him, shattering his nose and jaw before snatching the game and running away.
J
anonymousposterchild at 1:53PM, May 1, 2008
(offline)
mishi_hime
kyupol, all advertising could be considered mind control. It's sole purpose to make people buy stuff. For example, you see a yummy bigmac on tv, they want you to feel like you need it and gotta have it. Your supposed “experiment” has been going on everyday for about 1000 years and has even shaped events and reinforces gender roles.

Also microchiping is bad. Do you really want the government to know what you do everyday? Personally, I don't want anything in my body that could be hacked. Who's going to pay for these microchips? Who honestly would support them? A majority of them people, I think not. The founding fathers wanted government to have little to do with the people, because power in the hands of few is inevitable corruption.

Your solutions are flawed. Life isn't so black and white that one idea is going to fix everything. We have lots of problems.

Technically the microchips are just RFID chips. They only activate when exposed to a magnetic field and give off a short burst of information. Typically they only have a range of about 5 feet, and are not actually wired to anything. Odds are a chipped criminal would just have something like “CIDC: 93851-2039C” that would broadcast when passing through a sensor.
Official DrunkDuck curmudgeon
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
Croi Dhubh at 12:30AM, May 2, 2008
(offline)
subcultured
ah yes, sensationalist FOX
he grabs tons of video games…but they single out GTA

hahaha i worked for my GTA
robberies happen even before and even after GTA.
good job, unbiased fox.
Only because it's a name most people recognize, not because they are trying to point a blame.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
spiritmonkey at 8:38AM, May 2, 2008
(offline)
subcultured
Someone
CONTROVERSIAL computer game Grand Theft Auto 4, known for its violent game play, led to a real life crime in Chester.

Two boys had their copy of the 18 rated game stolen from them while walking towards Boughton after buying it from Game on Foregate Street, Chester.

A police spokesperson said: �It was a snatching. It looks like somebody has run up behind two young lads walking through Boughton, grabbed a carrier bag with Grand Theft Auto 4 and a hints book, ran off and jumped into a vehicle. The vehicle will have been from the area.�There have been other reports of �pre-launch violence� across the UK. On Tuesday a man was stabbed while waiting in line to buy the game in Croydon, Surrey, leading some bystanders to think it was a promotional stunt.

In Leyland, Lancashire an 18-year-old man was mugged by two thieves who punched him to the ground and kicked him, shattering his nose and jaw before snatching the game and running away.

Does that mean cars cause crime? Cause he stole one of them too.
Timmy And the Bleach

There are many things in this world that are uncertain
I'd say I'm one of them
But I'm not sure
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
ozoneocean at 9:09AM, May 2, 2008
(online)
The funny thing is, that happens with money most often. More often than with anything else than has ever existed. And it has for a few thousand years now… People will actually rob or even KILL you in order to take your money. :(

Seriously, it happens.

Does that mean that money encourages crime??? O_O

Oh my LORDY! We have to ban money!!!!

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
subcultured at 12:02PM, May 2, 2008
(online)
cnn goes crazy on gta

J
spiritmonkey at 12:41PM, May 2, 2008
(offline)
TV Man
Now here's the point…

THE POINT

lol!
Timmy And the Bleach

There are many things in this world that are uncertain
I'd say I'm one of them
But I'm not sure
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
subcultured at 10:21PM, May 2, 2008
(online)
Someone
A string of midnight muggings have been carried out at Surrey Quays Shopping Centre, by a seven strong gang thought to be targeting the new Grand Theft Auto 4 computer game.

The muggings - during which one victim was stripped naked in the shopping centre's car park to check if he was carrying the game or not - took place shortly after midnight, following a special opening of the branch of Game inside the centre.

One man, who had bought a brand new Playstation 3 console and a copy of the game, was set on by the gang as he left the car park.

He was initially approached by one attacker but was then pounced on by another three, who jumped out of a nearby people carrier. The attack, which was caught on CCTV, was unsuccessful, but the new console was smashed during the incident, forcing the victim to head back to Game, who replaced his new machine free of charge.

Another victim, who had gone to the shop to pick up a copy of the game he had pre-ordered, was set on by the gang, but was able to sprint off and was chased off through the woods behind the Decathlon superstore.

Ian Moore, the manager of the popular shopping centre, told the ‘News’: “The centre is aware of one incident, which occurred in the early hours of Tuesday morning at the edge of the centre's car park.

”This involved an individual trying to take a console and computer games from a customer who had just purchased these from the Game store. The attempted theft was unsuccessful but Game replaced the console unit for the customer, as the one just bought had sustained some damage. The centre is liaising with police over the matter and will make available relevant CCTV footage."

A police spokesman told the ‘News’ they had no record of any incidents taking place.
J
subcultured at 10:41PM, May 2, 2008
(online)
Someone
A TEENAGE boy who bought a new computer game just hours after it was released had it stolen as he made his way home to play it.
The 15-year-old bought the latest version of Grand Theft Auto IV just hours after its midnight release - but was mugged as he standing waiting to catch a bus, eager to play the game at home.

He was looking at his new purchase in the bus station at
ADVERTISEMENT
Crystal Peaks shopping centre when someone sneaked up behind him, grabbed the game, and ran off.

The teenager told police the theft happened so quickly he was unable even to say whether the culprit was male or female.

All he knows is the thief ran off towards the car park of The Milestone pub, dressed in dark clothing.

In Lancashire a teenager was left with a broken jaw after being mugged for a copy of the same computer game, which he had bought minutes before.

The game was released at midnight on Monday, with some shops opening late to meet a huge expected demand.

Witnesses to the Sheffield robbery, between 12noon and 12.15pm on Tuesday, should call Det Con Daniel Garside at Moss Way CID on 0114 296 3535 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
J
Arashi_san at 2:50AM, May 3, 2008
(offline)
Here's my notion:

I believe that whether or not a video game causes someone to commit a violent act depends on the individual. Some people need a violent video game to channel their aggression and would otherwise take it out on society. Others get ideas and adopt personas based off of characters in violent video games.

I'm not necessarily against video games with nefarious messages that involve destruction or standing out against conformity and the government. I'm not even really against senseless violence in video games or murder in video games. GTA, however, I lose respect for. To me, it's almost as if they try to goad their audience into breaking the law and hurting people. I may be reading it wrong, but it's almost as if they're challenging you to do something bad and making it look easy and fun to beat someone out of their car or shoot some little girl in the face in a crowd in the middle of the day.

It just seems more direct, in-your-face, and almost inviting to do such things in a way. But maybe I just have the wrong impression (I'm sure, however, that I'm not the only one who feels this way and that others would actually take the motive to go out and try some of the objectives in the game in real life. There are some really stupid people out there, as we can see).
shifting in the wind… is a baby.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:00AM
subcultured at 10:59AM, May 3, 2008
(online)
gta is a satire of US culture like Fahrenheit 451 is a satire or cautionary tale of an unintelligent america. it's not suppose to be taken seriously.
J
Arashi_san at 12:40PM, May 3, 2008
(offline)
subcultured
gta is a satire of US culture like Fahrenheit 451 is a satire or cautionary tale of an unintelligent america. it's not suppose to be taken seriously.

Unfortunately, there are way too many idiots who emulate things that are meant to not be taken seriously. And then the world has more problems.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
subcultured at 12:46PM, May 3, 2008
(online)
not the problem of the content, but the educational system. if you gutted yourself with a scissor while running, it's not the scissor manufacturers fault that you didn't learn to not run with scissors.

can't let morons ruin it for everyone.
J
Arashi_san at 3:25PM, May 3, 2008
(offline)
subcultured
not the problem of the content, but the educational system. if you gutted yourself with a scissor while running, it's not the scissor manufacturers fault that you didn't learn to not run with scissors.

can't let morons ruin it for everyone.
That analogy doesn't really work. I agree that it's mainly the fault of the educational system, but even if they were perfect, humans are not and many, though fewer by far, would be influence by such games as GTA. I'm not anit-GTA, I just don't really like it. I also don't blame GTA for the violence and crimes that people commit, I merely think it gives the wrong suggestion.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
subcultured at 6:05PM, May 3, 2008
(online)
there is such a small percentage of people who go in killing rampages after playing videogames that the media try to link, it's not even worth counting.
J

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved