Debate and Discussion

Harper already the worst Canadian Prime Minister ever?
legueu at 9:11PM, April 13, 2009
(offline)
How to build a great country the Harper way:

- Cut in the Womens Rights programs and getting rid of the egality concept.

- Cut in the Environnementals programs and send Oil compagnies representatives in environnementals internationnals conventions.

- Cut in the culturals programs (the country is making money with that!!)

- Selection and exclusion of political journalists.

- Increasing the military recruitment without the proper formation infrastructures.

- Nominating the present ministers.

- Open provocation of the Quebec independantist movement (in fact I'm glad he did that, now the conservatives are just to afraid to come in Montreal)

I hope he will choke with is crapy oil.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
BffSatan at 4:56AM, April 14, 2009
(online)
Sounds like a real jerk, I can think of a few Australian politicians who this guy reminds me of.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
imshard at 5:43AM, April 14, 2009
(online)
Reminds me of Jimmy Carter for some reason I can't put my finger on. His plans for an elected not appointed legislature seems fair, and his economic policies while rugged do seem fairly well designed to protect Canada from collapse in the international financial system especially by increasing trade with more countries.
I'm indifferent on the man. He has the unfortunate position of straddling two formerly separate parties and maintaining cohesion between them while trying not to completely alienate the opposition and its constituency. Though in all fairness I must defer to native Canadians, as I've not studied him closely enough for a complete opinion.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:58PM
bravo1102 at 6:18AM, April 14, 2009
(online)
At first glance it looks like Harper is trying to follow the example of his neighbor to the south.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
legueu at 10:11AM, April 14, 2009
(offline)
bravo1102
At first glance it looks like Harper is trying to follow the example of his neighbor to the south.

A lot of the laws he's trying to implent come from the U.S.

BffSatan
Sounds like a real jerk, I can think of a few Australian politicians who this guy reminds me of.

He really love John Howard, copied (litterally) some of is add for the last electoral campain, invited him to speak at the House of Commons.

imshard
Reminds me of Jimmy Carter for some reason I can't put my finger on. His plans for an elected not appointed legislature seems fair, and his economic policies while rugged do seem fairly well designed to protect Canada from collapse in the international financial system especially by increasing trade with more countries.
I'm indifferent on the man. He has the unfortunate position of straddling two formerly separate parties and maintaining cohesion between them while trying not to completely alienate the opposition and its constituency. Though in all fairness I must defer to native Canadians, as I've not studied him closely enough for a complete opinion.

The Canadian political and economic system is really well done. The power is not concentrate into the hand of the Prime Minister. So the Prime Minsiter impact on economy and laws his really small in fact because everything must be dealed with judge, other parties, the banks oligopoly, senate, provinces, independant ministers officials…

Stephen Harper have to be extremely bright (and he is) to be able to push conservative values in this context. The new conservative party his more right winged than the old one and he's attacking some basic canadian value (unity, women rights and the perception of the cultural industry). The problem is more around those questions.

Puff_Of_Smoke at 10:38AM, April 14, 2009
(offline)
*Sigh* When did Canada go down the tubes?

Oh yeah, when Trudeau died.

Our Government is full of retards. And that's the problem. We need another person like Pearson, Turner or Trudeau. Problem is, we don't have any good people to vote for.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
legueu at 5:11PM, April 14, 2009
(offline)
Puff_Of_Smoke
*Sigh* When did Canada go down the tubes?

Oh yeah, when Trudeau died.

Our Government is full of retards. And that's the problem. We need another person like Pearson, Turner or Trudeau. Problem is, we don't have any good people to vote for.

Gilles Duceppe own… but I don't think he would like to be Prime Minister of Canada.
imshard at 9:54AM, April 15, 2009
(online)
how's the expression go again? “the more they want the power, the less they should have it”.

Democracy is a great model unfortunately its set up so you vote for who volunteers not necessarily who's qualified.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:58PM
HippieVan at 2:02PM, April 15, 2009
(online)
You know what Stephen Harper did that I thought was ridiculously stupid? Well, from what my health teacher told me at the time, the law used to be that if a teen was 14 1/2 and went to the doctor for whatever reason, say they were feeling depressed or they thought they might be pregnant or have an STD, that trip to the doctor's would be confidential. Now, they've changed that age to 16.
So now, if a young teen went to the doctor thinking they might have an STI, their parents would be told about it. You know what's going to happen? These kids aren't going to go to the doctor at all because they won't want to get in trouble with their parents, or for their parents to know at all.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
legueu at 4:47PM, April 15, 2009
(offline)
Hippie Van
You know what Stephen Harper did that I thought was ridiculously stupid? Well, from what my health teacher told me at the time, the law used to be that if a teen was 14 1/2 and went to the doctor for whatever reason, say they were feeling depressed or they thought they might be pregnant or have an STD, that trip to the doctor's would be confidential. Now, they've changed that age to 16.
So now, if a young teen went to the doctor thinking they might have an STI, their parents would be told about it. You know what's going to happen? These kids aren't going to go to the doctor at all because they won't want to get in trouble with their parents, or for their parents to know at all.

This is a provincial power and even if Harper is pushing for this kind of stupid stuff, the law is still fixed by provinces. In Quebec you have access to youth confidential clinic if you are in high school regardless the age. How can you prevent abuse and unhealty behavior if the kids have nowhere to go?
kyupol at 4:16PM, April 16, 2009
(offline)
He's a globalist. He's pro north american union and SPP.

Harper sux.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved