Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Has anyone called the wrong line at your home?
Insane Angelic at 10:56AM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
Kekeke.

I have a tale to share with all of you.
I was resting peacefully at my house when…. -dun, dun, dun!-
The phone RANG!

Of course, since I'm deaf, there'a a light who goes on and off. I became aware of this, and I picked the phone and put it on a computer-like box- made for us deafs!
And thus….

Him: Hello sweetie Claudie, how did you like our last night?
Me: -.- *types*
Him: I was thinking we could do it again…and end it in my bed, sweetie…
Me: O.O *types*
Him: You know, I like it when you put your hand there and…
Me: D: *types, types*

He went on for at least a good minute before he stopped and I finally replied.

Me: *post* You got the wrong line… I'm not Claudie.
Him: …..*silence*
Me: *waiting*
Him: You didn't heard this! *hangs*
Me:… O.o

No one knew about this, and I'm sharing it with everone! Now, has anyone of you had a call like this? :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
D0m at 12:38PM, July 15, 2007
(online)
Holy crap. I can't say I've ever heard a story like this before!

I've gotten the wrong callers, but not the dirty sort. That's kinda awesome, haha..

I would have played along. :-)

Nadya- a tale about what happens to SOME of us when we die.

Currently: Nadya is awake and asking more relevant questions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
Terminal at 1:14PM, July 15, 2007
(online)
I would if I actually did pick up the phone from time to time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:11PM
qdawg at 2:10PM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
I gotta weird call but it wasn't dirty. It was like 3AM and my cell rang. I answered with the usual early morning “ Who the hell is this.” They reply “ Sorry, honey I just had to say I love you.” I said it's the wrong number with curses and angrily hung up and went to sleep. Weirdest phone call I've ever had.
Rockin it fatboy style.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
Ozoneocean at 2:36PM, July 15, 2007
(online)
I had a wrong number SMS conversation with someone once… it was just strange, because you don't have much way of knowing if you really know them or not until you actually ask their name.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
Fitz at 2:55PM, July 15, 2007
(online)
Most of the time when someone calls me by mistake, it's some drunken-sounding guy who finds it hard to understand he just called the wrong number. Much funnier stuff happens due to the fact that dad and I have identical voices, which people can tell apart only by our individual speech mannerisms. So it's either his buddies mistaking me for him, or my buddies mistaking him for me.

One of my best friends insisted on my dad for a minute to cut the crap and stop pretending to be my dad.

Incidentally, my sis and my mom sound quite alike, too. So this one time mom picks up, says hello, to which she hears: yo, stupid!

Which is my sister's friend's usual greeting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
Phantom Penguin at 3:12PM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
I've never had any good run ins worth talking about.
But my friend Leon ended up dating someone he met via a wrong number phone call.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
fern at 3:37PM, July 15, 2007
(online)
I used to get phone calls from Prison, saying that they knew me and junk… I can't believe I fell for it! They used me! Well here's the story:

One day I got a call from Prison, and the operator said if I wanted to accept ‘a collect call from _________ who’s in prison' and the guy in prison just said, “It's me!” So of course I accepted since I thought it would be one my drunk-ass brothers. But I was wrong, he said something about being my friend… then he tried this 3-way calling… it was hilarious! He called his ghetto girlfriend and mannn was it ghetto, he called to apologize and to see if his mom was doing “aight.” Funny, but still, I was taken for a fool… lousy bastard.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:27PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 4:09PM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
When someone random calls me, they're usually polite calls. It's like “Hello. Is richard there?” “No… I think you dailed the wrong number.” “…Oh. I'm sorry.”

But once someone random called my grandfather, and he just had a giant conversation with them, even if he had no idea who it was… Pretty funky, huh?

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
Liaoriao at 4:25PM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
Heh, reminds me of the conversation I had at my friends house when he asked me to pick up the phone…
?: “Hi Benny, what time were we to meet again?”
Me: “The drop off has been made, you have been warned…”
?: “Excuse me, who is this?”
Me: “MYSHUNO!”
?: “… *silence*”
Me: “You have the wrong number…”
?: “Oh. Sorry.”
Me: “No, no, the pleasure was mine…”

When I think back… Maybe they did have the right number… I wasn't even in my house… Whatever. :whistling:

Visit Liaoland today!
K.A.L.A-dan! Bishie :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
herio at 5:09PM, July 15, 2007
(online)
Losts were mistaken for the pump pub the pumps amazingly is our land mark
its mostly we what to book a table

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
Insane Angelic at 6:08PM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
Well, well!
Getting the wrong line at your home can be fun sometimes.
I just wish I could see that guy's face when I told him that I'm not whom he thinks I am… XD
Aurora Moon at 6:57PM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
Believe it or not… theres this other chick who has the same name and last name as I do here in the same state. Which has led to some hiralous results in the wrong phone number being picked up out of the phone book.

for instance: one time my parents were staying over at my apartment for the night, and I was asleep. (it was 10 pm). Anyway, the phone rings, and my dad picks up and goes “hello?”
And the guy on the other line started getting angry that there was a male over at ________'s place, starts demanding to know who the fuck my dad is.
Of course this throws my dad off, snice far as he knew I wasn't seeing anybody, so instead of telling him that he's my father he asks right back who the guy is.
the dude tells him that he met ___________ at an bar and hit it off really well. and had been meeting at the same bar for a while. So of course he's damn angry that there might be another guy in __________'s life that she didn't tell him about!
My dad just replied: “Well, I'm just her father. and she's asleep right now…. so you may have to call back later on!” with that he hung up.

I woke up later on and then that was when they asked me if I had gone to any bars or stuff. and I told them no, snice of course I dont believe in drinking. and then they told me why they asked, and told me the whole story. I was like “O_o” afterwards, and just said that the whole thing was werid.
I then joked that this other _________ was gonna have one hell of a intersting conversation with the dude later on.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Puff at 7:41PM, July 15, 2007
(offline)
Awww, I'm jealous. All we ever get is a senile old man who has the most insanely stereotypical old-southern-black-man voice imaginable calling to see if this is the golf course. He does this once a week or so, or sometimes 3 times in one day and then not for a few weeks. I bet he's laughing it up in the old folks home…
Insufficient funds, banner reposessed! >:0

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Cure
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM
EmilyTheStrange at 4:12AM, July 16, 2007
(online)
Oh man. XD
I totally forgot about this until I read through this thread. Last summer I got a series of weird cellphone calls for some girl named “Ericka Rodgers.”

One morning last July I was standing in my mom's room waiting for her to get ready so we could go somewhere, then my cellphone goes off.

Me: -doesn't recognise number- “Hello?”
Lady: “ERICKA! WHERE THE -bleep- ARE YOU?! I TOLD YOU TO BE HOME BEFORE 11 LAST NIGHT AND YOU END UP AT -insert some girl's name-'s HOUSE?! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!
Me: ”….I'm not Ericka.“ D:
Lady: ”Oh.“ -hangs up-

Less than 5 minuets later the phone rings again. I was actually waiting for a call from my dad so I didn't even check to see who's number it was.

Me: ”Hi Daddy! :3“
Same Lady: ”DON'T YOU “HI DADDY” ME! I JUST CALLED -insert same girl's name here-'s HOUSE AND HER MOM SAID YOU LEFT AT 7! WHERE ARE YOU?!“
Me: ”Wrong number again.“ D:
Lady: ”Oh, I'm SO SORRY.“ -hangs up-
Me: o__o

Then about 10 minuets later, after getting off the phone with my dad she calls back again.

Lady: ”Ericka?“
Me: ”Wrong number again. Sorry.“
Lady: ”Now LOOK. I KNOW this is Ericka's cellphone number. Put her on NOW.“
Me: ”I really don't know what you're talking about.“
Lady: ”Isn't this -insert phone number-?“
Me: ”Yeah, but this isn't Ericka's phone, its mine. My name is Emily.“
Lady: ”………….“ -hangs up-

I started to think it was a prank caller, so I plugged in the number I was getting the calls from into google. The first two links I found were from yellowbook or 411, saying that the number was that of a -insert name here- Rodgers (I figured that she was the lady who kept calling me) who lived in a town about 2 hours north of mine. The third link I found was an old Elementary School phone directory (seriously old, like from 2000-2001) and sure enough there was a 5th grader listed to the numer named ”Ericka Rodgers.“ So the calls weren't pranks.

I guess this girl gave out her wrong cellphone number to a lot of people because I started getting texts from her friends two or three times daily. I found out a lot of gossip from whatever school they went to, what one of her friends did with her boyfriend the night before, and was asked if I read ”Uncle Tom's Cabin" for school yet multipul times. It was kind of funny. :3 However, about 2 weeks after the calls started they stopped.

I guess Ericka gave everyone her real number. D:

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
Insane Angelic at 4:58AM, July 16, 2007
(offline)
Wow….

Emily, you've sure got a tale. XD
Ah, how the wrong calls can be so fun….
Pixie at 5:08AM, July 16, 2007
(online)
I once had a prank caller! :D

Okay, it wasn't very funny at the time, though. He always used to call at around midnight to 2am, which was no fun at all… and he'd either say nothing at all, just sit there and listen to me say, “hello? ….helllooooo? is anyone there?” until I got bored and hung up. Or, he'd sometimes talk to me. Often I'd get a couple of saying nothing calls before one where he'd talk to me - all in a row.

If he talked to me, he had a northern accent, and he'd always say, “hi, is so-and-so there?” using a different name every time. Always a girl's name. (Well, I'm a girl - maybe he was trying to guess my name?). I would always say, “no. There isn't.” (he never guessed my name!) “Who is this?” and he'd always reply with a different name for himself. I knew it was always the same guy - same voice.

Withheld number though, so I couldn't block him or complain to my mobile phone provider. GAH!

This went on for about six months, and since he maybe called me once or twice a week I didn't much care. He was never threatening, or dodgy, or offensive, or anything at all - he was just annoying. So figuring there wasn't anything I could do and eventually he'd get bored, I just ignored him and hoped he'd go away.

So, eventually, one work night, I was completely exhausted and crawled into bed. Just as I'm falling asleep, a close friend of mine calls. He had just broken up with his girlfriend and was really cut up about it, and he wants someone to talk to ‘cause he’s feeling down. Now, I'm a nice friend, so despite the fact that I'm exhausted I chat with him until he feels happier, reassure him that he's a nice guy and isn't going to be alone forever and blah blah blah, and eventually he says goodnight and I go back to bed. Unforunately, it took an HOUR to talk him through his omg-heart-broken state! >_< So now it's 1am.

I crawl back into bed, and I'm sooooo tired I start to fall asleep right away… and just as I'm almost asleep, my phone rings again. Guess what? Withheld number - it's my prank caller. :D

Unfortunately for Mister Pranky I'm a grumpy bitch when I'm tired. Okay, I can force myself to be nice to heartbroken friends, but my prank caller? I have no time for his nonsense! So I pick up the phone and, word for word, this is what I said. (Well, I screamed it, I didn't say it).

“I DON'T KNOW WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE AND I DON'T KNOW WHY THE FUCK YOU'RE DOING THIS, BUT IF YOU EVER CALL ME AGAIN I'M GOING TO FUCKING HUNT YOU DOWN AND FUCKING KILL YOU!!!!”

I said. Then I hung up.

He never called me again. :D
Alaka-bwee-oop! Old school.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
lothar at 6:00AM, July 16, 2007
(offline)
i don't have a phone
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Memmy at 10:42PM, July 16, 2007
(offline)
Hahah! Those are priceless stories! I'd kill to have some intresting conversation with someone who called wrong number. Unfortunatly, my life is as dull as they get. :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
HAM at 11:38PM, July 16, 2007
(offline)
I've never been prank called, or had any funny miscalls, but there was one time where me and my brothers prank called my mom.

We had one of those old speak and spells, the ones that say the letter you're pressing. well, we took that, called our own number, and waited for her to pick up the phone (we were all sitting around upstairs). She picks up, says “Hello?”, and Mr. SpeakandSpell replies “U R A P P”.

We couldn't stop laughing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
Boss at 5:01AM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
I actually get a lot of wrong numbers despite having an obscure number. They always come around late at night/early morning. My standard response now is usually like this:

Random kid: “Is Ron there?”

Me: “No, he just stepped out. But he wanted me to make sure I told you, he thinks you're a fucking douchebag.”

Random kid: “WTF?!”

Me: “Well wait, maybe I got the wrong guy. Who is this?”

Random kid: “It's Dave.”

Me: “Yep, defiantly for you then. I don't know what the hell you did, man, but he gave me a note that says ‘Call Dave a douchebag’. Sorry, a FUCKING douchebag.”

Random kid: “…What an asshole.”

Me: “Yeah, I'd be pissed at him too. Almost as pissesd as when I get when people wrong call me. Have a good one!”

I have yet to have a repeat call. I'm an asshole.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
Seelinkrun11 at 7:25AM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
Wow you guys get all the interesting phone calls. Once I got a call from an indian guy down the street. He started shouting random things that sounded like “The bowl! Eat THE BOWL!!” I laughed
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Ryan McLelland at 8:00AM, July 17, 2007
(online)
I never had someone be like that over the phone to me…

However…

There was this girl who texted me constantly. She didn't have the same plan and so I started getting charged. ALOT.

I told her…“look…just CALL me…okay?”

And she's say fine…and then…ten more text messages.

Eventually I called her a psycho and told her to delete me.

She said “fine…whatever”.

Like 3 days later…“Hey baby…whats up” texts popup.

I think she had me in her phone twice and was confusing me with someone else or something…

So I called her again…screamed psycho at her and told her to delete my phone number…and then cancelled text messaging…which I still don't have to this day in fear once i turn it on…she'll text 432 times a day again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM
simonitro at 12:10PM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
I had a lot of wrong number calls, I'll tell this one that I remembered which was really funny!

It was lik 7 - 7:30 on a Sunday morning and I happened to have placed my cellphone on the desk next to me… the phone rang and I answered with a bit of moaning, yet, it was too early to see who is it? However, it went something like this…

???: “WHAT THE…. YOU'RE STILL ASLEEP?”
Me: “huh?”
???: “WAKE UP, MAN, WE”RE GONNA BE LATE FOR THE HUNTING TRIP!!!“
Me: ”Uh…“
???: ”Hello!“
Me: ”Uh… I think… you dailed the wrong number!“
???: ”…oh… are you sure?“
Me: ”Yup!“
???: ”…uh… sorry!"

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

It was funny when it happened!

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
Insane Angelic at 3:01PM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
Well, I liked your tales! All is various and funny. At first it may not be fun, but when you think about it…. XD
It's hilarous!
Exzachly at 11:39PM, July 17, 2007
(online)
Here down south I get some wrong calls in spanish. I try to tell them they have the wrong number, but, despite the fact that I'm not speaking their language they just keep goin.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
hat at 11:41PM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
^gotten a few of those.

I've gotten a call with just heavy brething for a bout 10 seconds before hanging up. Kinda creepy… kinda fake and not scary at all too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Black_Kitty at 8:51AM, July 18, 2007
(online)
Every so often I get wrong number calls. The odder calls would be the ones who would then ask me who I am. Uh no. You called me. I get to ask who you are. :P

hat
I've gotten a call with just heavy brething for a bout 10 seconds before hanging up. Kinda creepy… kinda fake and not scary at all too.

I had a call like that when I was a kid. Except it was longer and while the guy's breathing was increasingly heavy, he kept asking for my name. :S

What a creep.

This is not really a phone story but when I first went online, I was 13 and I got ICQ. I was bored one night so I put myself on the white pages. I got a bunch of weird people but one of them was some guy calling himself ICE. I remember him because he thought I was his age and Black Kitty must have sound rather flirty or dirty or whatever. Then he realized I'm about the same age as his daughter. Awkward~

Nice guy though in retrospective. Tried to tell me as nicely as possible that maybe I should change my nickname.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
Sysli at 9:21AM, July 18, 2007
(online)
My memory isn't that good, so any hilarios wrong numbers are lost in the deep darkness of my mind. I only remember somebody calling me and talking english (witch I am not) and just going on and on despite me greeting them in my language.
I don't think I've ever experienced anything really amusing while answering a phone.
Because I may as well show a bit of pride. ^___^

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
silentkitty at 9:23AM, July 18, 2007
(offline)
Apparently, a woman named Kelly either owned my phone number before me, or was giving an incorrect number to pretty much everyone she met. For about six months (and still, two years later, occasionally!) I was getting phone calls from her friends, her parents (why would you not tell your parents you got a new number?), her doctor's office, and any number of other appointments that she had apparently made before her phone number got changed.

My favorite is when someone calls and refuses to believe they have the wrong number. I got that from a few of what I'm guessing were her friends:

Them: Hey, is Kelly there?
Me: No, you have the wrong number.
Them: Are you sure?
Me: ..Yes, nobody named Kelly lives here.
Them: Seriously? This is Kelly's number. Isn't she there?
Me: …….Seriously.

In a couple instances, this went on until I just gave up and hung up. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon