Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Hatsune Miku and Toyota Corollas...
FormerDDer at 1:01AM, June 30, 2011
(offline)
So I was surfing the web earlier, and I came across a banner for a Toyota Corolla with Hatsune Miku on it. I immediately thought it was fake, but clicked it for the hell of it. Sure enough, it was for real; Toyota is using Miku as a gimick to sell this years Corolla.

As I stared at the page in awe, my eyes caught a line towards the middle that I couldn't believe. “Miku will be performing live in LA this blah blah blah blah etc”

I leaned back in my chair, and thought about this. Hatsune Miku? Live? For those who don't know, Miku is a character in a PC software. A software that will vocalize just about any and every audio file you put in it. How, I thought to myself, could a PC program perform a live concert?

Then I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXO7KGHtjI

My jaw just dropped to the floor. What are your thoughts? Would you go to a concert like this? I think I might, to be honest. It's so bizarre that it's actually appealing! lol!

EDIT: Here's the actual ad, http://www.toyota.com/corollamiku/
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
Ozoneocean at 3:11AM, June 30, 2011
(online)
Someone
The URL contained a malformed video ID.
Sorry about that.
:(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
Dodger at 5:37AM, June 30, 2011
(online)
http://www.youtube.com/toyotausa?x=corolla%2Bmiku The voiceover in the second commercial doesn't fit at all and it just looks like some B roll of a small car driving around, I would have like to have seen some bright colors or shiny things. That's usually what they do when they try to sell something really Japanese to western audiences, right? lol

The print ads are pretty nice though, I'll give them that.

As for the concert, I've seen a lot of people online get really excited for it… most of them are into Vocaloids, but I would be interested to see it (like NickyP said) because it's so strange! Looks like an interesting way to spend an evening, haha~

Koji Takahashi Stops the World, full color, updating Mondays
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
kyupol at 9:19AM, June 30, 2011
(online)
thats a nice marketing ploy.

I think Megurine Luka is hotter though. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
demontales at 10:00AM, June 30, 2011
(online)
I haven't clicked the link yet, but if there's been Gorillaz concerts, how would this be so surprising?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
FormerDDer at 10:21AM, June 30, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean
Someone
The URL contained a malformed video ID.
Sorry about that.
:(
Sorry about that, I fixed the link. Works now :D

Someone
I haven't clicked the link yet, but if there's been Gorillaz concerts, how would this be so surprising?
Click the link. You'll see.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
Faliat at 3:56PM, June 30, 2011
(offline)
They're not using Miku to sell Toyota, they're using Miku's US concerts to sell Toyotas. They're sponsoring them.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Chernobog at 5:20PM, June 30, 2011
(offline)
I've been to a Gorillaz concert and in all honesty, it was pretty good. This probably has better technology at play from the looks of it, so I imagine people will dig this in person. Unless a computer error comes up at the wrong moment, hee hee.

As cool as this is, I'd probably enjoy this more if it wasn't J-pop. Seriously, the stuff is about a notch down from babies crying and car alarms for me.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Salsa at 9:32PM, June 30, 2011
(offline)
For your consideration.

also know as the Obligatory Schlock Link.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Faliat at 7:18PM, July 23, 2011
(offline)
Chernobog wrote:
As cool as this is, I'd probably enjoy this more if it wasn't J-pop. Seriously, the stuff is about a notch down from babies crying and car alarms for me.
I agree. And I'm making stuff in Utau, Vocaloid's free mutant cousin. Hard not to find Japanese songs to cover that aren't J-pop or J-rock.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon