Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Have a great Independence Day!
Lonnehart at 1:09AM, July 4, 2009
(online)
Yep! The great holiday that marked the birth of a nation! Of course, if a certain country didn't treat certain citizens as if they were second class this country of ours would never have become what it is (and I wouldn't have been born). So….

Have fun watching fireworks while eating really greasy BBQ covered in sauce and hundreds of kegs of beer (or other alcoholic beverages)!

Too bad I don't get to join in the celebrations. The bad guys never take holiday breaks and in fact they see it as an opportunity, so I'll put on my Security Officer uniform and be on the lookout for them (even though I don't get hazard or holiday pay)… :(

So when you're all celebrating, think of those who don't get to; your local police force, fire department, hospitals, etc… :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Custard Trout at 2:01AM, July 4, 2009
(offline)
Lonnehart
Yep! The great holiday that marked the birth of a nation! Of course, if a certain country didn't treat certain citizens as if they were second class this country of ours would never have become what it is (and I wouldn't have been born). So….

And if it weren't for that same country previously going in and murdering all of it's previous inhabitants, then people would probably hate us a bit less.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
Ozoneocean at 2:28AM, July 4, 2009
(online)
Is this like Canada day?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
skoolmunkee at 4:07AM, July 4, 2009
(offline)
I agree that was a strange statement for Lonne to make, as America is pretty big on themselves treating just about everyone who lives in it as a second-class citizen (if they admit they're citizens at all)…..

Still, America is a pretty great place. It definitely has its problems and could use some sensitivity training, but the whole foundation of the country is based on the idea of “screw you, you're not the boss of me.” It is still a pretty young country after all.

If I were in America on this day, I would be eating:
cajun spiced chicken burgers
original cheetos
something with cool whip
something with ranch dressing
Barq's root beer

None of which England has at all, or doesn't do right. :[
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
usedbooks at 4:45AM, July 4, 2009
(online)
I have to work today. -_- But I've become more interested in history since I work at an American Civil War battlefield. Maybe I can find some books on the American Revolution to read today.

I like living here. I can't say much for the economy and government. It doesn't work the best in the world, but there are far worse places to be. Most of the people I've met (of all classes) are very friendly and talented, and I enjoy the rich diversity in culture and interests. Since I'm a biology fanatic, what I enjoy most is the rich diversity of natural resources and biomes. I miss the mountains of WV since I moved to VA, but I've found a special charm to the fields and forests here too. I love the coast of Maine. California was a neat visit too with their Mediterranean chapparal and fire-dependent ecosystems. I want to visit the American deserts out west, the Rocky Mountains, the Alaskan forest and tundra, and especially the temperate rainforests of Oregon. – Oh, and the cities are fun to visit too. I've been to New York, Atlanta, Chicago, LA, DC, and a few others. I confess, however, that my favorite city is Toronto. Heh.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
subcultured at 6:42AM, July 4, 2009
(online)
hue es ayyyy
hue es ayyyy

America! fawwwk yeaa!

seriously though, i think even with all of its faults, America to me is one of the best countries in the world. and i dont feel like a pussy by admitting that every time i hear the “star spangled banner”, i get teary eyed.

J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Ozoneocean at 6:53AM, July 4, 2009
(online)
subcultured
and i dont feel like a pussy by admitting that every time i hear the “star spangled banner”, i get teary eyed.
Pussy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
BffSatan at 7:25AM, July 4, 2009
(online)
Happy 4th of July America, and good luck with shooting down the sky, or whatever the hell it is you yanks are trying to do.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Niccea at 8:56AM, July 4, 2009
(offline)
This is the first time I'm not spending Fourth of July in a two room cabin on a lake with my whole family (which consists of 1 set of grandparents, my parents, 2 sets of aunts and uncles, 7 cousins (2 with spouses), 3 children of my cousins (grandcousins? greatcousins?), 1 bother, and probably my cousins' dogs).

Usually I would eat some some friend fish or chicken. Maybe brisket. Corn on the cob. Cobbler…What not.

Nope. I'm spending time with my boyfriend's family. (Which is just him, his brother, his parents, and his brother's fiance) And from what I hear, his mom is cooking some sort of dish which requires jalapenos to be stuffed with cheese and then be rolled into meat (I don't know the technical term for the cut, but it know it comes from a cow) and then cooked in a slow cooker. There will also be more alcohol involved and less cousins setting off fireworks from an old dock. And I know for a fact that we only had half of a French silk pie last night.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
DAJB at 9:07AM, July 4, 2009
(online)
Happy birthday, all you Yankee Doodle Dandy types!

Now let's go kick E.T.'s ass!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
seventy2 at 9:41AM, July 4, 2009
(online)
there's nothing i love more, than an American holiday, that gives me a 4 day weekend. and beautiful fireworks, that i can view from my back porch. I'll be grilling up some burgers and brats if anyone wants some…
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
PIT_FACE at 3:17PM, July 4, 2009
(online)
happy 4th of July, and godbless the U.S, n all the rest of ya around the world.

saw a wicked fireworks display last night.buddy of mine got an ember stuck in his eye,hahahaha! there was a storm that rollied in while they were going off too, so it was really amazing.
and now i'm chilling out with a glass of beer aw Sam adams, not only didja make a fine brew, but ya also helped found a hellova revolution. cheers!

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
lba at 3:34PM, July 4, 2009
(online)
BffSatan
Happy 4th of July America, and good luck with shooting down the sky, or whatever the hell it is you yanks are trying to do.

Well, we were originally trying to see if we could move Earth closer to the sun to burn the British Isles and then move it back, but then somebody brought alcohol to the party, and everyone just decided it was just more fun to make things go bang.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
PIT_FACE at 3:45PM, July 4, 2009
(online)
lba
BffSatan

Well, we were originally trying to see if we could move Earth closer to the sun to burn the British Isles and then move it back, but then somebody brought alcohol to the party, and everyone just decided it was just more fun to make things go bang.

hahha!aw yeah, the best laid plans, eh Iba?

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Dark Pascual at 9:41PM, July 4, 2009
(online)
As far as I'm concerned, a country that invented Coca-Cola, Slim Jims, Cheese-Steak Sandwiches and Skittles a great place to live…

Happy Birthday to everybody's favorite Evil Empire… Dios los bendiga, gringos locos!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
Product Placement at 12:40AM, July 5, 2009
(online)
Hope you guys had a lovely fireworks display.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Chernobog at 1:25PM, July 5, 2009
(offline)
I spent the day alone, drinking Miller Lite and watching Team Fortress 2 parodies on Youtube. Not interesting!

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Lonnehart at 1:56PM, July 5, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Hope you guys had a lovely fireworks display.

Nobody got to see any. Lots of rain. I wouldn't have been able to see it anyway as my worksite had not clear view of any place where the fireworks would've gone off.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Ryan_Scott at 7:55PM, July 5, 2009
(online)
I think I had too much beer and slept through your wonderful holiday… I hope it was fun and president Osama said something nice about the english
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM
patrickdevine at 9:31PM, July 5, 2009
(online)
I saw some impressive fireworks, got drunk and discussed Mr. Rogers with a neighbor and I got busted for an open container so all in all it was a good night.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
bravo1102 at 10:57AM, July 6, 2009
(offline)
I got up and saw the fireworks then went to work. Time and a half for 4th of July. I spent the whole time humming the soundtrack of the musical 1776

“I see fireworks, I see passion and pomp and parade, I see Americans, all Americans free forever more…” John Adams.

Of course he was thinking that July 2nd would be the big day but Congress never could get anything done on time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon