Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Have you ever seen some get fired or have you been fired from a job
that kid yellow at 1:24PM, July 21, 2007
(online)
I was at work today and one of my friends were talking funny to an old lady on the phone.Everytime he would talk to her he would say quack after each sentence.it was so damn funny until a sup came and logged him off the computer and phone.The whole time he was joking around he was also getting monitored by a sup. Well he's gone now.lol
If you have a story let it be heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
Phantom Penguin at 3:19PM, July 21, 2007
(offline)
My cellphone's ring tone was from the rick james skit, and said “f*ck your couch”.

Well one day at work I forgot to turn my phone off, went to a meeting to which I was trying to get them to use my idea. I was 17, had 45 year olds in suits and CEOs in front of me.

My phone rings.

They are met with a resounding “F*ck your couch” several times before I could get the thing out of my pocket and turn it off.

Not only did they not like my idea for a commerical, they fired me from the firm.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
TheTopHat at 4:05PM, July 21, 2007
(offline)
How to put this? With out seeming sad and violent?

I beat a cutomer with a pack of toilet rolls.

Yes i got a new job after this - don't ask i don't know how or why they hired me.
Mabje the buttle proof glass between us is for there safty not mine.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Hapoppo at 7:16PM, July 21, 2007
(online)
TheTopHat

Yes i got a new job after this - don't ask i don't know how or why they hired me.

Yes.

You are the best person ever. Period.

(As for me, I've never been fired, but my idiot job consistently fires people and then doesn't hire replacements. They expect me to pick up the slack they left, but yeah… ain't happening.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
HAM at 7:26PM, July 21, 2007
(offline)
I just didn't wanna be there. I guess they don't like that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
Renee Katz at 7:52PM, July 21, 2007
(online)
I've never been fired but where I used to work I used to see my co-workers getting taken away by investigations people for stealing from the cash registers.

/ RSS
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 10:19PM, July 21, 2007
(offline)
I have to use these ideas when I get a job.

…I will especially use the one about beating people with toilet rolls.

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
that kid yellow at 1:09PM, July 22, 2007
(online)
i just read everyones story lmao!!!!!!!!!!
Miruku at 1:20PM, July 22, 2007
(offline)
I would love to hear the long version of the toilet paper roll beating…assuming there is one.

A very poorly run coffee shop I worked at for about two days just scribbled my name out of the book without telling me anything…I don't even know if I was really fired or not, but I certainly never went there again. Especially since they never paid me for the two days I did work.

And now they're out of business…Aw, too bad.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
TheTopHat at 1:47PM, July 22, 2007
(offline)
Umm, well short story long then.

I worked in a discount store - i sell name no names. However it was very very busy, ill run and the cutomers that went out of the way to make my life a liveing hell. Well after working there for some neally two years and being perfetily nice and kind to all of the cumtomer. (Im not the cow that im made out to be in this story, well at work anyhow.) One off the cutomer had a some kids shose that didn't have a price so i call to get soemone eles of the floor to get the price and contined to work.

not a mintet letter this woman smreaming in my face “this that jadda jadda your crap et” with im fine with i deal with this ever day in that job. well if you ever met me i have a thing when i say my R's as W's well she stared on this and well - that pushed me alittle to far. So happend to have some toilte rolls in my hand and well, you can see ware this is going. they got a beat and i walk off and only clicked on i was so getting fired until i was halfway from leaving.

Yes that poeple it what you call an Opps
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
daniel_the_drummer at 1:59PM, July 22, 2007
(offline)
I was on break in the canteen at the TESCO's i work at (for those of you who don't know, it's the biggest supermarket franchise in the UK, dunno if it's big anywhere else) and in the cordened off area that used to be for smokers (it's illega; to smoke in public places over here now) i saw a guy getting a bollocking off a manager. After the manager left, i left two and passed the guy who received the bollocking and he was crying a little bit. I can only assume he got fired.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
Exzachly at 2:14PM, July 22, 2007
(online)
TheTopHat

I hit a kid in the head with a frozen turkey once. I'm not talking lightly either, it was some full on turkey action. The kid was sitting under the cart and, not seeing him, I decided to throw a frozen turkey down there. Then I just backed away slowly and went somewhere else before anyone figured out why the kid was crying. And to this day, no consequences! :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
swisscheese at 10:36PM, July 22, 2007
(online)
Every time I've known of someone getting fired, the boss has been considerate enough to do it in private. I work in a pharmacy and have seen a couple of coworkers go. One was an elderly pharmacist who was fired for a misfill, another pharmacist accused of taking the pain meds quit rather than being fired (I still don't believe he really did it), and then a technician fired for attitude problems. But yeah, no full-blown yelling, screaming ‘you’re fired!' sorts of things ever happenned in front of me. I kind of hope they never do, as I feel bad enough for the people that get fired anyway.
Visit http://www.drunkduck.com/DSRI/ Updated Sundays-ish!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
joerocks1981 at 3:50PM, July 23, 2007
(online)
I worked IT/Phone Support for two local companies offering Internet.

Worked at the first for two years, the second for three.

I got fired from the first after just giving up and not entering new customer applications in the system, and stuffing the paperwork in my desk. (credit card numbers and all.) We had no idea how to set people up through DSL (a relatively new technology, at least for our backwater area) and, neither did our management, who instructed us to lie and delay when possible, while a suitable ‘fix’ was found. Well, after four months, i got tired of lying. I took people's info, didn't put it in, so they weren't charged for internet they weren't getting, and played Quake III on the job instead.

I was let go when they found 75 of them stuffed in my desk. I uninstalled quake, went home, and watched Officespace. I think i even had a drink to celebrate…and then found a job at the local bookstore a few days later. (i understood why i was fired. i knew i was not going to get a very welcoming reference anyway, due to personal/past disagreeances with management anyway, and i understood that i was a total asshole. take the unemployment money and run.)

interesting post note to this story: the guy who sat at the desk directly behind me was fired for apparently downloading three gigs of smut to his computer, and apparently masturbating to it while he was on the phone with customers. Even scarier…is that until two days after they let him go, i had absolutely no idea he was doing this.

the second was worse, with the same problem as before…inept management hired with credentials unrelated to what the job actually needed (i think the bitch had ‘microsystems management.’–all we knew that she did was that she smoked virginia slims at her desk and flashed people on a webcam through IRC.)…etc, etc. in the same month when i won a Digital Camera for being Employee of the Year, i was also let go for my ‘negative attitude’ and ‘poor work ethics.’–which had stemmed from an argument about taking a day off, that i would have normally had off, just to ensure that i could spend one day at a Comic Convention, that i had already shelled out money on—five months in advance. I had the vacation days…in fact, i hadn't even taken a day off out of the entire time that i had worked there, except days where my schedule alloted it. I got sick one day, called in, and they told me ‘don’t bother to come back. turn in your key.'

interesting post note to this story: according to my friends who were still in the company, the person who replaced me was hearing impared. for my SIT at a desk and give technical support advice through a PHONE…an AUDITORY communication device…i mean…i'm not knocking equal-opportunity, jobs for everyone, but…this is NOT a job for everyone.

yikes.

Internet Superbuddies - We sure beat crack.(Tm)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
SteveMyers22 at 10:13PM, July 23, 2007
(offline)
I got fired from my college newspaper. I got into a bit of a shouting match with the editor in chief, which spilled out from behind this partition thing into the main area so most of the newsroom stopped and was staring. The whole thing got blown way out of proportion. Me and the EIC were friends. Classmates. Been in a lot of the same classes throughout college. So that's why I got into the argument to begin with. Because at the time I didn't see him as my “boss” but as my friend. So I probably wasn't showing him the right amount of respect at the time. Well when it escalated to the point where everyone else was witnessing it, he pretty much shouted over me telling me to get out of the building.

And I did.

And those last 3 weeks of the semester were pure bliss. No stress. No more deadlines. All that free time to study. I aced my exams. And graduated with amazing grades. The problem is, my year long comic strip story got cut off 7 episodes shy of the ending.

The fight became the stuff of legend around the college paper's office. People still talk about it on the alumni site.

Funny thing is, me and the guy who fired me made up a couple years later. I pretty much owned up to my being an assclown. He owned up to making the wrong decision (letting me go instead of the person who manipulated me into the fight to begin with … who later left the paper in the lurch when she didn't win the election to become a top editor the next year she simply ran off to join the circus, NO FREAKIN JOKE … RAN OFF TO JOIN THE CIRCUS … leaving one of the paper's sections with a rookie editor 2 weeks too early).

So yeah, I sit back and laugh at the whole thing. But it's one of them stories that alumni still tell like it's some mythical thing it really isn't. The joining the circus thing kind of helps keep that magic going I guess.

Anyways, after that, I've never really gotten into too many confrontations at work. Twice in Hong Kong, at the Wall Street Journal. But both of those were brought on by certain people dumping their responsibilities onto me when they shouldn't have. And I was the one keeping my calm, so that never really went anywhere.

And I certainly haven't been fired since.

I was let go of a position because I got replaced. But that was something I knew was going to happen anyways.
– Steve Myers, Creator of The Adventures of Superchum on Drunk Duck, and at Superchum.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
that kid yellow at 3:31PM, July 24, 2007
(online)
lol wow……that was crazy
Poke Alster at 3:26AM, Sept. 3, 2007
(offline)
I'm at school but i did see a teacher get fired, the headmaster came in and whispered some stuff to him then the teacher said bye bye and never came back
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
kyupol at 5:16AM, Sept. 3, 2007
(online)
I believe in pre-emptive strike as far as jobs are concerned.

If I get shit in my job, I just leave before I get fired. You can feel it. The politics… say alot.

I had a job in mcdonalds working with the shittiest scums of the earth. You'd be surprised how low mcdonald's hiring standards are.

So yeah I just left. And transferred to somewhere else.

But in EVERY job, there is always a “problem” person who you cannot get along with. In my office, good thing theyre not in my department. In the garage (I got 2 jobs), there's this mechanic who isnt too noob-friendly.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
thecaptain at 4:30AM, Sept. 5, 2007
(offline)
Exzachly
I hit a kid in the head with a frozen turkey once. I'm not talking lightly either, it was some full on turkey action. The kid was sitting under the cart and, not seeing him, I decided to throw a frozen turkey down there. Then I just backed away slowly and went somewhere else before anyone figured out why the kid was crying. And to this day, no consequences! :D

Yeah, i can relate to this..
Once, when i was a sacker (bag boy), for a local grocery store (krogers, i think up north its called ralphs). I put two or three boxes of cereal into a plastic bag, and i lifted it off of the bagging station and swung it to my side to put it in the basket. Upon doing this i swung it and the corner of one of the cereal boxes struck a little boy (probably about 3 or 4) in his head as he was holding hands with his dad walking. The little kid looked at me, like “Why did you hit me?”, and he began crying and holding his head. I began getting sick feeling, and was fully expecting to get my a$$ handed to me by his dad. But luckily for me, the dad didn't see what happened and just assumed his son was being cranky, and started telling his boy to “Shut up!”, and “Stop it!”.. Oh well….

To answer the question of the topic,
No i've never been fired, i have quit because i wasn't liking my job and they were probably going to fire me, and no i've never actually seen anyone get fired. I have seen the walk of shame upon someone just getting fired..
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
blu at 1:18PM, Sept. 5, 2007
(online)
well i was going to work in a factory this past summer for a big name company, just like last year.

so they ask me at the beginning of april if i would want to work there again this summer and i say yes. so i go home and get a drug test done. this means they chopped off a bunch of my hair. like, a bunch. bs. of course it comes back fine and then they call me in may:

them: yeah, theres a slight problem. you won't get the wages you got last year, that was actually a mistake in the system. you will get 2 dollars less per hour.
me: … uh, i suppose thats alright. will i still get the hours i asked for?
them: actually, no… you will need to take the rotating shifts (1st week day shifts, 2nd week evening, 3rd week nightshifts) plus whatever overtime we need you to take.
me: … uh, thats not as alright, but okay.

so i get my uniform (gray shirt and gray pants and goggles and earplugs) and my badge and i go home and get ready to go in the next monday morning at 6, and then i get a phone call sunday night:

them: yea we had a meeting, and i thought i should let you know before you show up tomorrow that we don't need summer temps anymore so we have to let you go. have a nice day

i was a little bit angry after that…
other than that, this comment is pointless.
spiritstories dot net | TMAC!(m-w-f) |MIRACLE(weekends)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:27AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon