Help, Support and Suggestions

Having some problems with the new system
avsaroke at 5:43AM, Nov. 2, 2010
(online)
So I've got an interesting glitch with the new DD layout…

I can't seem to navigate around my comic anymore. The new page I uploaded on Sunday has no image, and if I try to go back to any previous pages, I get a white page that says my comic has no pages yet.

I'm also missing those nifty new buttons that the tutorials insist I should have. The “My Controls!” button, for example.

Anyone know what I should do? I'm using Mozilla Firefox as a browser, by the way.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:13AM
skoolmunkee at 7:04AM, Nov. 2, 2010
(online)
Which tutorials? I am guessing old tutorials or help documents may not match the new look anymore. Some functions are a bit different. However, ‘my controls’ is still there, it's just called ‘my account’ or ‘my control panel’ now. It should be linked to under your userpic, on the right. (However, currently you get two different versions of that page, depending on if you click from a ‘new style’ user panel or an ‘old style’ one- the forums use the old style and main page the new)

Sunday's upload will be broken, the site wasn't accepting new images at that point. You probably can't reupload it yet though because there's something wrong with the uploader and images still aren't going through. Are you trying to navigate back using the ‘previous’ buttons, or the drop-down? We've reported that the dropdown doesn't work, but the previous button should.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
avsaroke at 7:35AM, Nov. 2, 2010
(online)
The new tutorials. This one: http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=20107&cid=229

I have a “User Control Panel” but all it does is bring me to a page that lets me change my email address and password. I can't find anything there that'll let me edit my actual comic.

As far as navigating, I was using the drop-down menu. The navigation arrows aren't showing up at all on my page.
ozoneocean at 7:56AM, Nov. 2, 2010
(online)
Under your avatar image on the right of the screen is a link that says “my account”. Click that and you can get into where to edit your comic.You can also click the “my comics” thing on the right which will then open up a list of your comics, click on the options to get in and edit them etc.

The navigation issue is due to the new server not knowing the address of the image buttons.
The problem with the dropdown is that the server has been set up too strictly so that unless addresses are formatted in a specific way (case sensitive and a forward slash on the end), they default to an alternative address that the new system doesn't understand.

So for now the drop downs are currently useless. In order to navigate your comic, it would probably be best to change to another of the templates that still has the buttons so you can at least use that.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
avsaroke at 8:46AM, Nov. 2, 2010
(online)
Okay, thanks.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved