Networking & Community Projects*

Hell in the Pipes: Still in need of an artist
Vakanai at 9:45PM, June 3, 2009
(online)
I made an attempt months ago to get an artist for my comic about paranormal investigators disguised as plumbers fighting against an ancient demon godbeast for the fate of the world, and nothing came of it, so I think enough time has passed since then for me to try again:

Hell in the Pipes:

I'm going to try this once more. I really like the story and would love to get it started.

Story:
A team of paranormal investigators and exterminators who work under the guise of plumbers working for Johns-Jones Holistic Plumbing Services (most of their clients prefer to be discrete about having ghost and monster problems). They are normal humans with an extraordinary job (like Ghostbusters).
This story concerns an old demon god searching for the power to recreate the world in his own image.

Cast:
Howard Fort: The strong, quiet man and one of the founders of Johns-Jones Holistic Plumbing Services, Inc. As a child he was a world famous kid detective. As a young adult, he was the world's first masked vigilante hero. However these adventures left the woman he loves hurt. He's withdrawn from the world, only coming out for work. The woman is Kristen Bell, she won't be appearing in this story.
Rabbi C. F. Burns: A part time worker at JJHPSI, Burns is the old grandfather figure in this group, and is rather old. A long life has left him wiser if not always happier. He tries to keep busy, and he feels that he needs this little job to help keep him fulfilled. He also plays chess afternoon every afternoon with his best friend, a priest (so he already knows all the ‘A priest and a rabbi’ jokes). Like Howard he has had problems in matters of the love of his life. As children, he and his friend Sarah McConnel discovered the Fountain of Youth while their families both vacationed in Florida. Sarah went in the fountain, Cedric Burns did not. After they left they forgot the location of the fountain. Burns continued to slowly age, while Sarah remained in the body of a child. Although they spent most of their young lives together and fell in love, Cedric knew it could never be. Although mentally an adult, her body would forever be the body of a child. Burns left for college and the two have never seen each other since then. Cedric did marry once, to a French woman named Lily, however she died of cancer three years later, once more leaving Burns to grow old alone. Society is obsessed with the young and the beautiful, and Burns often worries that there is no place for an old man in this world.
Maxwell Johns: Another founder. The muscle. Scary guy with the guns. He likes being the macho guy, but he does have deeper points. He has a large extended family, is currently dating and planning to settle down, and enjoys Celtic music and basketball (especially the Celtics oddly enough). He dyes his hair red, but he's a natural blond.
Kelly Jones: Along with Fort and Johns, Kelly is one of the three founders. She is better at the business end of the job than the men. She is often paired with Howard Fort on cases. She is the only female of the team. She and her brother are both African American (she prefers just ‘black’ however, for complicated political reasons). She enjoys romance, and has a crush on Howard (it's unlikely though, Howard isn't likely to thaw, and this isn't one of those kinds of comics). She also likes hockey, cigars, and hunting. She has a tendency to change her hairstyle daily. Finally, she has a cute pet dog (sort of) who she drags with her everywhere.
Renard ‘Renny’ Jones: A (slightly) more civilized version of Maxwell. Max and Renny are often teamed up together, mostly for their mutual love of blowing stuff up. Burns is often sent with them, mostly to keep them from blowing stuff up.
Josh Steward: The new guy. Answered the ad for the job thinking this was a regular plumbing company. He was wrong.
Bunyan: An axehandle hound, the team's mascot, and Kelly's pet dog thing.
Sobek: The villainous godbeast.

The chapters will be:
Ch. 0: Prologue
Ch. 1: Underground
Ch. 2: The Confederate Submarine
Ch. 2a: Valentine’s
Ch. 3: The Bloodstopper
Ch. 4: Cipactli
Ch. 5: Crocodilopolis

The chapters will be of varying lengths.

The story will be very obscure folklore centric (try Googling the chapter names for an idea of what all is in store). Though there are many monsters, there will a minimum of blood. Action scenes will vary, but the main focus will be on drama and character development. I am not picky on the art style (noir, anime, realistic, etc.), just so long as you do your best and the work is high quality. I'm also lenient on scheduling and time. Much more information is available to anyone interested, as is a sample script.

Cut and pasted from Smack Jeeves. Hopefully I'll get a few bites.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
Lunico Mavalcar at 9:52AM, June 5, 2009
(offline)
Hey there,

That sounds like a really neat concept. I really like the title! Do you happen to be a fan of the tv show Veronica Mars? Anyway, I wish you the best of luck in finding an artist. I'm looking for an artist for a project as well, although I haven't posted anything yet… I just joined the this website/forum and I want to get a feel of the atmosphere here in the forums… Are people helpful, do they actually meet people here and successfully bring their projects to the light of day?

Do people here print their comics, or just post them on-line, or both?

For the project I am trying to create, I want to get a 4 issue miniseries of it printed up, and send it to my local comic book shops, and to comic book conventions, get people into the project, and then I will release the series of graphic novels….

Anyway, lemme know how your project comes along, and when I can read it.

Have a Great Day!!!

-L'unico Mavalcar
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon