Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Help for a title of an upcoming comic...
kyupol at 6:49PM, June 10, 2007
(online)

What sounds cooler?

1) Servus Dei (Servant of God)
2) Serviam! (I will serve!)
3) Hand(s) of God
4) Other? pls specify?

Plot description: I dont wanna spoil it… it is about angels and demons (tho most of the time, the camera is aimed at the humans). It is set in the present time. This isnt some fantasy-laden gig full of magic and swords (um… limited magic and swords lol). Limited battle scenes (compared to my usual comics).

Mostly talk and escalated drama (suicide drama, dysfunctional families, etc…). Characters will also tend to talk about current events as well as religious, political, and moral issues. Expect bluntness, sarcasm and jabs at “political correctness”.

Script so far contains very very few scenes of “cussword-every-sentence” and human rights abuses.

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
Aurora Moon at 9:18PM, June 10, 2007
(offline)
to be honest, I don't really like any of those.
reasons why:

1)this one sounds too much like the first name of the guy who killed dumbledore in Harry potter and the second name being also the name of an anime character.

2)this one isn't half bad but it's still ehh… dunno. it just sounds werid.

3) sounds like it belongs on an recruiting pamplet for an crazy, zealous christain group.

you could try more cooler latin-based names?
like here's some latin words I know..

Angel=angelus
world=orbis
worshipper=adorator, or cultor
worshipful=recolitus
worship=cultus, adorare
view=visum, spectare
judgement=ratio, or censura
hand=manus
of a master=vaco
of a king=regalis
of a father=paternus, paterna
of a former time=veter

well, there's tons of latin here that I have.. have serival dictoaries of all langues.

but from above…
I could assemble some words..

Angelus veter=Angel of an former time
Angelus regalis= Angel of an king
Recolitus vaco=Worshipful of a master

etc etc. it kinda depends on what kind of mood and the contuning trend of your comic might be. so if you wanted the name to reflect the comic, and your comic was dark and moody.. then you might want to go with a “dark name”….

But if the comic is mostly humorous then you might want to go with a light hearted name. also if it isn't gonna be overly religious then you shouldn't go with an name that sounds super religious.

After all, your description of the comic sounds like it'd be more of an gerenal comic… poltics, etc… with an “heavenly/hellish” plot, of course. so if there isn't gonna be too much empasis on religion, then…..

“God” and such is often reffered to as the heavenly father, king or master etc…. so those selections I made up there kinda makes sense.

It's all about the name which fits the story.

Sorry if I was too critical.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
beautifully_demonic at 10:59AM, June 11, 2007
(offline)
Servus Dei … totally
(\__/) | This is Bunny.
(O.o ) | Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(> < ) | him on his way to world domination!

1f u c4n r34d 7h1s u r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:16AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved