Media Megaforum

Heroes
Keneticlopx at 6:20PM, Feb. 9, 2009
(online)
Heroes, an awesome show.
I myself, love this show alot, while not my favorite show, still awesome.
However, i understand that some people don't like it as much as I do,
and others do.
SO, lets talk about it, under one condition. You must say 1 thing you like about Heroes, and 1 thing you don't like about it, AND THEY BOTH MUST BE LEGITAMATE. Don't say you love it all so you have no hate, thats ignorant. I know there is one thing that bugs. Here, ill go first:

Like: The effects of each power looks awesome, and they make the people who have internal powers, like Parkman (mind reading), be all cool and stuff, such as messing with the person.

Dislike: THERE ARE TOO MANY GOD DAMNED HEROES. Ok, I understand what they are trying to do, build a relationship with each and every Hero, BUT THE STORIES GO SUPER SLOW. Whenever something interesting is starting to happen, they go to another hero and do the same thing for the next 8 episodes. They show 4 Heroes, story going super slowly, then next episode they show other 6 heroes, going extremely slower because of more heroes. I wish there weren't as many heroes, but still a good amount. I mean seriously, how many are there, like 15? Not including villans, AND Sylar. And aren't some of them even DEAD!?!? Like Ted, the nuke guy. Oh, and I hate Claire. She's a bitch.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
TOPmobile at 7:25PM, Feb. 9, 2009
(online)
I stopped watching this show. I decided to jump ship and I know many others that are starting to feel the same way.

Like: I started watching it because it had people with cool powers and it felt like something big was gonna go down.

Dislike: I stopped watching it because it was going nowhere and started to feel like doing homework. Plus they were doing a lot more cheesy scenes.

I'm swimming to shore now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:32PM
lba at 7:30PM, Feb. 9, 2009
(online)
Yeah, sorry. But this is going to end up moved to media discussion.

I've never personally watched the show so I don't know much about it really.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
Keneticlopx at 7:41PM, Feb. 9, 2009
(online)
And you commented then because…?
Hehe, nah it's fine. I do find it odd though how some people don't watch it, or have ever seen it, which i find amazing. To tell you the truth though, it's not really commercialized. I mean, if anything it's only on NBC and that is usually only on the day it is playing, so theres a pretty small window for people to see it.
And TOP, it is getting a bit more like homework :/
But i still like it and all the powers.
Hawk at 10:11PM, Feb. 9, 2009
(online)
Like: Big budget, cool effects, fun characters, and interesting story.

Dislike: It's the same thing each season… Somebody sees awful future, everyone struggles to prevent it, Claire hates Noah, Claire forgives Noah. Also it seems like it borrows a little to much from The Watchmen at times.

Thankfully this season is looking like a departure from its typical formula. Better not disappoint me, Heroes!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
DAJB at 11:58PM, Feb. 9, 2009
(online)
Like: In the first series, I liked the fact that they were trying to show how people with special abilities might really behave (and be reacted to) in the real world. Interview after interview had one or other of the cast/crew/writers claiming that they would not give every character a super power or resort to costumes because that would make it no different to the Justice League.

Dislike: How quickly the show abandoned its own principles and began giving every character a super power (Suresh, Ando etc) and, in some cases, even a costume (Claire's skin-tight black leather outfit).

Stopped watching about half-way through Series 2.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
lastcall at 4:15AM, Feb. 10, 2009
(offline)
I just like it because it's fun to watch.

I don't really dislike anything about it. It's an entertaining show.

It's rumored that Claire (Hayden Panettiere) and Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) are dating in real-life, but Milo denied it in a magazine interview. …it would be kinda weird if they did: Hayden is 19 and Milo is 31. That's a pretty big age difference.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Keneticlopx at 1:28PM, Feb. 10, 2009
(online)
DAJB, I am with you there. They DID start giving every person superpowers and that is kind of dumb. Superpowers were supposed to be giving by the eclipse (which took their powers away, and then for some reason gave them back, which would make no logical sense) And since the genius SURESH took a protien and added the catalyste (or some crazy crap that was insane) EVERYONE gets powers now.
I mean, they knocked over the tank and blew it up so i dunno.

Additional Like: They do not throw all the episodes so it's not hard to miss the episodes. Ok look, it's on every Monday, only on monday, and has ALWAYS BEEN, on monday. Nothing more, nothing less. The seasons take a long time to rejoin up to NBC (Takes like 6 months before a new season) so it keeps you waiting.

Additional Dislike: Heroes came back on, after the second season I think, and only showed 5 episodes. What the….? Why did they do that? And after that they waited another 5 months or something. Was it so they could give themselves more time for the next season? Or….what…..
DAJB at 11:41PM, Feb. 10, 2009
(online)
Keneticlopx
Additional Dislike: Heroes came back on, after the second season I think, and only showed 5 episodes. What the….? Why did they do that? And after that they waited another 5 months or something. Was it so they could give themselves more time for the next season? Or….what…..
I think, in that particular case, it was due to the Hollywood writers' strike. I'm not entirely sure, but a lot of US shows came to a grinding halt because of that.

You have a point, though. An increasing number of US shows now use a “mid-season break” and that's very frustrating. It's bad enough when they end a season on a cliffhanger but when they do that twice in a season, it's enough to make you give up on the show all together!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
isukun at 4:19AM, Feb. 11, 2009
(online)
Most major prime time shows have a break around Christmas to accommodate holiday specials and sporting events. The first season of Heroes aired 11 episodes, with the last airing on December 4th. Then it took a break until January 22nd. The second Season didn't take a break since it only had 11 episodes. Then the third season aired 13 episodes, the last of which aired the 15th of December, before breaking until February 2nd.

Actually, of the prime time shows, I think Heroes had the shortest break this year since they continued further into the holiday season and were one of the first to start up again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
lastcall at 2:54PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(offline)
DAJB
You have a point, though. An increasing number of US shows now use a “mid-season break” and that's very frustrating. It's bad enough when they end a season on a cliffhanger but when they do that twice in a season, it's enough to make you give up on the show all together!

I feel that way with LOST. Every single episode ends in a cliffhanger. JJ Abrams is good at that–he did that with Alias, too. Kept me interested.
Keneticlopx at 5:06PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(online)
lastcall
I feel that way with LOST. Every single episode ends in a cliffhanger. JJ Abrams is good at that–he did that with Alias, too. Kept me interested.

I don't feel that way because i don't watch terrible shows.
:O
Lol, just kidding. I don't watch Lost so my opinion isn't liable. ^_^

And yeah, the mid season break's are pretty bad, only because of the cliffhangers.
The Black Donnelly's did that, but it had a mid-season break……FOREVER!
Keneticlopx at 11:37AM, Feb. 14, 2009
(online)
No one else loves heroes? :O
Everyone here seems to have left the series >.<
Dark Pascual at 1:03PM, Feb. 14, 2009
(online)
I LOVE Heroes. One of the few things that still worth some TV time. Unfortunatelly, I just watched the two first seasons, due to my lack of time and the fact that where I live (Ecuador), we get the seasons to late.

Like: HIRO!!! One of the few characters who are not constantlly complaining or crying about having powers…

Dislikes: The adding characters just because…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
Keneticlopx at 3:40PM, Feb. 14, 2009
(online)
Dark Pascual
Like: HIRO!!! One of the few characters who are not constantlly complaining or crying about having powers…

100% Agree. I hate how they are complaining even a little bit about having powers.
I mean, really? SUPERPOWERS and you are COMPLAINING about them? Please, I would probably steal stuff. Lol, i think we all would.

And it's too bad you get them late dude :(
They take forever as it is, so getting them late must SUCK.
You might be able to watch them on the internet early-er :D
isukun at 7:19PM, Feb. 14, 2009
(online)
Yeah, try hulu. They're posted there the day after they air in the US. I don't know if they have any sort of international lockout, but if not you could get them around the same time we do.
Keneticlopx at 11:02PM, Feb. 14, 2009
(online)
Yeah, but doesn't hulu take them off after a certain period of time?
Either way it's a good site.
isukun at 4:18AM, Feb. 15, 2009
(online)
Yes, but it's still a good site if you're just looking to watch the show as it comes out over here.
lastcall at 5:18AM, Feb. 15, 2009
(offline)
isukun
Yes, but it's still a good site if you're just looking to watch the show as it comes out over here.

Yeah Hulu rocks. Fancast.com also rocks. …Why pay for cable when you can watch TV for free over the Internet? :)
isukun at 7:39AM, Feb. 15, 2009
(online)
Fancast just streams the Hulu feeds, so you're getting the same thing, either way. My TV was getting very little use for a while there since I could basically watch any of my usual shows on Hulu or through the broadcaster's web site (Pushing Daisies wasn't on Hulu, but I could still watch it at ABC.com). That was until I upgraded to HD (so there are still some advantages to cable). Honestly, I like Hulu and I think it is a good first step towards what I think the future of television will be. Now if only Comcast would get their heads out of their asses and follow suit with their onDemand service. Verizon makes their onDemand TV programming available for free for a few weeks after an episode airs, why can't Comcast do the same?
lastcall at 3:36PM, Feb. 16, 2009
(offline)
isukun
Fancast just streams the Hulu feeds, so you're getting the same thing, either way.

For the most part, but Fancast also includes shows that aren't on Hulu (like ABC & Food Network shows) by directing you to those networks' links. It's convenient.

isukun
Honestly, I like Hulu and I think it is a good first step towards what I think the future of television will be.

I agree.
Keneticlopx at 6:29PM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
isukun
Honestly, I like Hulu and I think it is a good first step towards what I think the future of television will be.

Everytime i miss House i head on over to Hulu to watch it ^_^
Dark Pascual at 8:10PM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
lastcall
Yeah Hulu rocks. Fancast.com also rocks. …Why pay for cable when you can watch TV for free over the Internet? :)

I will check it out…Usually I use justin.tv to watch the UFC-MMA and wrestling shows since I don´t get them here…But youre right…why bother to pay for TV when most of it is crap?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved