last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
hpkomic at 8:53PM, Oct. 8, 2007
(online)
Peter's emo-hair is gone.

I still hate him though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
mlai at 10:21PM, Oct. 8, 2007
(online)
Illusion Chick ranks amongst the dumbest ppl ever gifted with superpowers.

Oh look, the psycho killer who stalks superppl and plays with their brains is bleeding on the street. I know, I'll take him home and heal him! Surely he's a team player!

Unless of course, Syler is still trapped in her illusion. The ridiculousness of his situation seems to imply it.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
hpkomic at 11:13PM, Oct. 8, 2007
(online)
Good ol' Sylar. He's the best.

Also, goddamnit Peter you're such a loser. I hope Sylar kills you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
TheMidge28 at 10:30AM, Oct. 9, 2007
(online)
I guess fern's wish for the flying stalker dude's death isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Somethings tells me he is connected to the killings of the older mutants.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:21PM
Hawk at 12:48PM, Oct. 9, 2007
(online)
Sylar used to be really nice, but now he's a jerk.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
mlai at 1:18PM, Oct. 9, 2007
(online)
Hawk
Sylar used to be really nice, but now he's a jerk.
Excuse me?

crazyninny at 2:10PM, Oct. 9, 2007
(online)
Uh oh… Hiro is going to cuase a lot of problems now. @_@
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
Gavin at 3:49AM, Oct. 17, 2007
(online)
My hopes and theories for season 2:

Hiro becomes his own childhood hero was what I saw coming at first.. I don't know though. I think that would be cool if it was true… but now we found out the reveal with Hakenzi and his powers (that's probably spelled wrong).

I kind of hate Claire's new boyfriend. I think he's a creep. I can kind of see him becoming the “Sylar” for this season.

Sylar kicks ass. Maybe he'll turn into a good guy?

I can't think of his name.. but the young black kid's cousin kicks ass. I love her already. Very interesting power. I wonder that if she watches other people use their powers, that she could activate and operate them herself?

I have no theories for anyone else.

I'm super interested in Nathan's story and what happened to him after Peter blew up… and HOW he survived that.

I kind of want to see Peter back using his powers like he did in the 5 years later episode. Um… that's all.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
mlai at 5:52AM, Oct. 17, 2007
(online)
Gavin
I kind of hate Claire's new boyfriend. I think he's a creep. I can kind of see him becoming the “Sylar” for this season.
He is a creep. He's gonna turn stalker. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one who (might) give Daddy a bullet in the eye.

Someone
Sylar kicks ass. Maybe he'll turn into a good guy?
He's as homicidal as ever. And now he's gonna get crazy Black Death power from Stupid Girl. How's he a good guy?

Someone
I can't think of his name.. but the young black kid's cousin kicks ass. I love her already.
Yes a black woman character who is not annoying. Thank you.

Rori at 8:04PM, Oct. 22, 2007
(online)
Ah, so I'm almost caught up (except for tonight's episode) so I don't have to avoid this thread anymore! yay!

I'm pretty sure Claire's boyfriend is a plant of some sort, or sinister, he should die, though, quick.
I really wanted Candace to die, but she died so lamely. bah.

Did anyone catch the time on Sylar's watch? mwahaha! That's an even better in-reference than all the comic writer/artist names they use. Seriously, my boyfriend and I were talking about the reference that he was a watchmaker, so I was like…“what time was his watch stopped at?”

tadah!

I am such a nerd.

And I also love Hiro. :P

I'll get back here with the wild speculation later.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:11PM
GOD_OF_DEATH at 7:43PM, Nov. 18, 2007
(offline)
I love season 2, it rocks.
I miss BABAARS NINJAAR house, great memories, Ah, APPLES to APPLES
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
isukun at 5:23AM, Nov. 22, 2007
(online)
I'm starting to worry about the future of the series. The writer's strike is obviously taking it's toll on this season. It's getting cut short and many of the new characters are already becoming completely unimportant. Things are starting to feel rushed when they have a major tragedy and then the plot twist which resolves it all in five minutes without making the audience stew on it for an episode or two.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
mlai at 7:07AM, Nov. 22, 2007
(online)
isukun
It's getting cut short and many of the new characters are already becoming completely unimportant.
I don't know about “getting cut short.” Prisonbreak is already ended but Heroes' still going.

Things are starting to feel rushed when they have a major tragedy and then the plot twist which resolves it all in five minutes without making the audience stew on it for an episode or two.
Yeah what was UP with that? They foreshadowed his death for the entire season, then they negate it in 5 minutes???

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
bongotezz at 9:46AM, Nov. 22, 2007
(offline)
i have to admit that season 2 started out pretty good but has turned into a boring cliche-filled rehash of season 1.

season 1 - someone uses time travel to learn of a tragedy in the near future and then goes back to the present to fix it.

season 2 - someone uses time travel to learn of a tragedy in the near future and then goes back to the present to fix it.

the entire hiro in japan's past was so cliched and annoying. finding out that the person you most hero worship isn't what you thought at all is such a boring plot. it would have been better if whitebeard was the guy with the healing powers and hiro helped make kinsey as powerful as legend remembers him even though he has no powers.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
mlai at 9:58AM, Nov. 22, 2007
(online)
bongotezz
the entire hiro in japan's past was so cliched and annoying. finding out that the person you most hero worship isn't what you thought at all is such a boring plot. it would have been better if whitebeard was the guy with the healing powers and hiro helped make kinsey as powerful as legend remembers him even though he has no powers.
Actually if you take time travel as the create-alternate-timelines view, rather than the nothing-can-be-changed-b/c-of-paradoxes view (Heroes ascribed to the former in season 1), then that's not what happened with Hiro.

What happened was that Kensei was a superhero in his own time, and did get the girl, and did create his own legend. When Hiro popped back into the past, Kensei was just about to “get killed” (and revive, and be put on the path of his destiny).

Then Hiro messed it up, and Kensei was put on the path of a nobody-drunk. Then Hiro stole his GF and caused him to betray the cause, and Kensei became a villain.

Basically Hiro went back in time and effectively betrayed and destroyed his own childhood idol. I hate his guts now and I hope Adam kills his self-righteous ass.

isukun at 7:19AM, Nov. 23, 2007
(online)
I don't know about “getting cut short.”

Judging from the past season and the interviews with the director, I got the impression this season was supposed to be longer than it is. Actually, a quick check online confirms that the season was supposed to be 24 episodes, but is getting cut to 11 due to the writer's strike.

For those not watching the series, everything after this is spoilers.

When Hiro popped back into the past, Kensei was just about to “get killed” (and revive, and be put on the path of his destiny).

Then Hiro messed it up, and Kensei was put on the path of a nobody-drunk. Then Hiro stole his GF and caused him to betray the cause, and Kensei became a villain.

The way I saw it, Kensei was already on the path of a nobody drunk when Hiro first showed up. Hiro didn't save Kensei, but a stand in. If Hiro hadn't shown up, the Kensei legend would have died there and Adam would have been content to drink away the rest of his stay in Japan. Whether his stand in was killed or not, Adam already let the village burn and the swordsmith get kidnapped and had no desire to remedy either situation. The way I saw it, Adam was trying to kill off the Kensei name to shirk his responsibilities. Hiro had to push him onto the right path and even then he was only there for the glory and the sex. Even with his betrayal, Hiro is far closer to the Kensei mold than Adam ever was and it made more sense that he would be the one to carry on the legend (plus, with nowhere to go, how would Adam have lived up to the end of the legend?).
mlai at 8:57AM, Nov. 23, 2007
(online)
isukun
The way I saw it, Kensei was already on the path of a nobody drunk when Hiro first showed up. Hiro didn't save Kensei, but a stand in. If Hiro hadn't shown up, the Kensei legend would have died there and Adam would have been content to drink away the rest of his stay in Japan. Whether his stand in was killed or not, Adam already let the village burn and the swordsmith get kidnapped and had no desire to remedy either situation. The way I saw it, Adam was trying to kill off the Kensei name to shirk his responsibilities. Hiro had to push him onto the right path and even then he was only there for the glory and the sex. Even with his betrayal, Hiro is far closer to the Kensei mold than Adam ever was and it made more sense that he would be the one to carry on the legend (plus, with nowhere to go, how would Adam have lived up to the end of the legend?).
Who met the swordsmith's daughter first? Had Adam met her yet, when Hiro showed up?

As for the end: He kills himself, then revives, and leaves.

Hawk at 10:35AM, Nov. 23, 2007
(online)
Adam was a dirtbag. He spent all that time taking credit for things that Hiro did and had no problem with it. But when Hiro got found out, he was only getting his due recognition… Adam of course flipped out. I don't think Hiro did any wrong.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
mlai at 12:28PM, Nov. 23, 2007
(online)
Hiro didn't do anything. Adam did all the work (after Hiro told him what to do).

JustNoPoint at 6:44PM, Nov. 23, 2007
(online)
Adam met the daughter 1st. He had already promised to save them when Hiro met the daughter.

The time travel stuff is a bit odd, if the Hiro we see changes something it effects the main timeline.

The alter future Hiro was never actually “created” in the main timeline. when he changed stuff it effected only his own timeline.

The point where he met Peter in the 1st season is more like where both time lines intersected. Peter did save the cheerleader in future Hiro's timeline. The only things that changed were Ando being in Japan at the time of the explosion and Nathan deciding to NOT go through with letting Peter nuke NY. Not sure why those things skewed from future Hiro's time, but everything else came to pass. Including Hiro stabbing Sylar and Sylar living.

Not that that would explain how Sylar survived the Nuke as well =P Nor does it explain why future Peter still had a scar since he had saved Clair.

I was hoping more would be explained in the season finale of S1 but meh, as usual those things are always overlooked.

mlai
Yeah what was UP with that? They foreshadowed his death for the entire season, then they negate it in 5 minutes???
Someone thought it would be cute to give a nod to the 1st season ep 3 where the exact same thing happened to Clair. That may have been cute if this whole season wasn't already a nod to S1 :P
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
mlai at 7:24PM, Nov. 23, 2007
(online)
This is how I see the Hiro feudal Japan trip:

1. Adam meets daughter. Promises to be hero.
2. Adam hires a stand-in and then go spends hero fee on sake.
3. If Hiro nevered showed up…
4. Bad guys finds out stand-in's fake, so goes to tavern and shoots Adam dead like in show.
5. Adam revives. “Holy F, I'm immortal!”
6. Adam goes to do hero business, knowing he's immortal.
7. Legend.
8. Being famous presents a big problem, since he doesn't age.
9. Eventually, to protect himself from being burnt at the stake so to speak, fakes death. Thus the final chapter of his legend.

isukun at 9:04PM, Nov. 23, 2007
(online)
Bad guys finds out stand-in's fake, so goes to tavern and shoots Adam dead like in show.

And how would they have known, having never met him? All hey had to go on was the armor he wore and Adam gave that to the stand in. What's more, what incentive would Adam have had to be a legendary hero? Adam never saw the benefits of being a hero until Hiro ditched him, forcing him to actually fight an army on his own. Even after he found out about his ability, he STILL didn't want to be a hero, so how would Hiro's absence change that?

Eventually, to protect himself from being burnt at the stake so to speak, fakes death. Thus the final chapter of his legend.

This is feudal Japan, not Europe. Oddities were not met with the same fear-induced hatred.
Exzachly at 11:31PM, Nov. 23, 2007
(online)
Anywho, despite that it doesnt quite add up, the writers of the show were clearly trying to get the audience to believe that Hiro ruined history and needed to recreate the events that would have occured in his absence.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
isukun at 1:22AM, Nov. 24, 2007
(online)
the writers of the show were clearly trying to get the audience to believe that Hiro ruined history and needed to recreate the events that would have occured in his absence.

Except what I've been trying to say here is that the writers are pretty clearly trying to show the exact opposite of that. When Hiro arrives, the village has burned, the swordsmith has been kidnapped by White Beard, and Adam, who was going by the name of Kensei to pose as a sword for hire, had hired somebody else to fight (and possibly die) for him while sinking further into a bottle of sake. Had Hiro not stepped in, Adam's stand in would have died, effectively ending the story of Kensei, and Yaeko would have run off and gotten killed trying to save her father, eliminating the person who was meant to tell the tale. Hiro didn't screw things up and then have to fix it, things were already screwed up.

The first time the writers give the impression that Hiro has done anything wrong is when he reveals his power to Yaeko and she realizes that Hiro was the one pulling the strings all along.
mlai at 5:03AM, Nov. 24, 2007
(online)
Isukun's version of history requires time travel to be of the you-can't-change-the-past-what-you'll-do-is-actually-what-has-happened variety.

However, Heroes ascribes itself to the alternate-timelines variety.

isukun at 7:04AM, Nov. 24, 2007
(online)
Heroes does and doesn't. You'll notice that even throughout the first season, while future Hiro goes back in time to offer hints, he can never directly effect the timeline. Alternate timelines only exist in the future. Hiro never shows the ability to go back in time and fix something in the past to change his present, only the ability to go forward in time to see what needs fixing in his native timeline. Every time Hiro goes back to change the past and alter his present, something stops him. He can't save the waitress from Sylar and his father still dies. He seems to only be able to maintain the status quo when traveling back.
mlai at 7:54AM, Nov. 24, 2007
(online)
Curses! Foiled again!

I'll get you one day, Isukun Man! I'll get youuuuuuuuuu~

RentAThug at 11:37AM, Nov. 25, 2007
(online)
As season 2 rolls on I'm finding myself less interested in what's happening and more wondering “Why are there so many plot holes that I could fly a 747 through?”. And I know it probably won't happen, but I really wish the death toll would start to climb so that we could get rid of some of the metric crap-ton of irritating characters and their subplots that I don't care about.

Crime Pays, updating Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
Fenn at 3:42PM, Nov. 25, 2007
(offline)
RentAThug
And I know it probably won't happen, but I really wish the death toll would start to climb so that we could get rid of some of the metric crap-ton of irritating characters and their subplots that I don't care about.
Starting with those stupid twins. I don't usually cheer when Sylar kills people, but I really wish he would hurry up and eat their spicy brains. Like, nao.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved