Media Megaforum

heroes season 2
RentAThug at 6:31PM, Nov. 25, 2007
(online)
YES. The Mexican twins annoy the crap out of me and their subplot is, thus far, entirely unnecessary. Why Sylar didn't just immediately kill them and take their car is beyond me.

Crime Pays, updating Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
Fenn at 7:50PM, Nov. 25, 2007
(offline)
RentAThug
YES. The Mexican twins annoy the crap out of me and their subplot is, thus far, entirely unnecessary. Why Sylar didn't just immediately kill them and take their car is beyond me.
Because his power isn't working right yet. He doesn't want to kill her until he can taker her power. I just hope when he kills them both, their powers cancel each other out inside him and he's left with nothing for his trouble (but a ride). Of course, that would make their entire existence even more pointless than it already is.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
mlai at 1:06PM, Nov. 26, 2007
(online)

Check it, it's the mind-reading cop! We have an artist celebrity on DD! xD xD xD

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Janen at 3:40PM, Dec. 4, 2007
(offline)
RentAThug
“Mexican twins” is probably the funniest confusions I've ever read about Heroes. Anyway, how come nobody is commenting the season finale, it was awesome. Hiro recuperated his manhood and rep by extracting the most wicked revenge ever done on this show or comic for that matter. The thing with Sylar is ok, once you consider that the next volume will concentrate on villains, hopefully not shy ones.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM
hpkomic at 4:07PM, Dec. 4, 2007
(online)
The whole season was a pretty big dissapointment.

Hopefully they won't need to rush anything for the next one, that writer's strike really gimped the show this year.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
Phunin at 6:28PM, Dec. 4, 2007
(offline)
mlai
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
kitty17 at 10:09PM, Dec. 4, 2007
(offline)
Season 2 was actually cut in half thus making season 3 still part of season 2. That's why it ended so lamely. It wasn't such an exciting season, I expected more, but the next season does seem interesting.

Also Sylar looked like a druggie sitting in a dirty alley injecting needles…

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:18PM
hpkomic at 10:58PM, Dec. 4, 2007
(online)
kitty17
Also Sylar looked like a druggie sitting in a dirty alley injecting needles…

A metaphor for his addiction to power?
TheMidge28 at 9:53AM, Dec. 5, 2007
(online)
Phunin
Anywho, this season wasn't as interesting as the first season to me. The ending was pretty…abrupt to me. I don't understand how Hiro got Adam into that casket, but whatever. Hopefully the next season will be better.

He teleported into his dad's casket like he teleports everywhere.
I thought that was the best revenge I had ever seen.
Well done to the writer's on the show.
I love the season and looking forward to this next one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:22PM
Hawk at 9:56AM, Dec. 5, 2007
(online)
I enjoyed this season, but it really felt gimped. Thanks to it being shorter, it never really got very deep. It felt like something make to transition us into the third season, instead of a season that stands on its own. Still, some fun things happened. I'm just disappointed at the shortness and shallowness of it.

So how about Hiro? That's definitely the darkest thing we've seen him do. It's not what you'd expect from the sweet-natured little Japanese comic book nerd, but it sure was cool. Can Adam suffocate?

We might be rid of Nikki! Hooray! But I don't think she's gone. The show didn't milk the moment like they typically do.

I'm disappointed that Maya is no longer dead.

Peter should probably realize that his blood could save Nathan… He did watch Adam use his blod, after all. But if he actually does, I'll start being irritated at the fact that death is becoming a minor and reversible problem in the show.

Sylar became a complete overdramatic cornball this season. Let's hope he makes up for it in Season 3.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
freefall_drift at 11:40AM, Dec. 5, 2007
(online)
I'm hoping Maya uses her power to kill Syler in some future episode, in revenge for her brother.
So Computer Kid lost both his parents to fire. Great……. First they kill off the hottest looking black guy on the show, then they kill the hottest woman. Sad. And just as she has that great throw away line “Jessica's gone, they ALL are”. There were others?
So for Villains next 1/2 season, we got Syler, MindCop and I bet, Nikki/Jessica/Guest-personality-of-the-week in some sort of lost her memories, virus burning her out, turned evil thing.

One of the key writers of last season went off to write Pushing Daisies. Heroes is lesser with his loss.
Freefall Drift - A sci fi space opera of a starship's mission of stopping the Endless Kings.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
Phunin at 8:33PM, Dec. 5, 2007
(offline)
Someone
He teleported into his dad's casket like he teleports everywhere.
I thought that was the best revenge I had ever seen.
Well done to the writer's on the show.
I love the season and looking forward to this next one.

I understand that, but wouldn't both of them have to be in the casket first? When Hiro teleports he is usually teleported with that person. So they would both have to be in that small casket together then he'd have to teleport back out. I'm just saying, it doesn't look like they can both fit.
kitty17 at 9:40PM, Dec. 5, 2007
(offline)
Lol, thats what I was thinking… Also, If it was his father's casket then…where'd his father go?

Fenn at 10:47PM, Dec. 5, 2007
(offline)
freefall_drift
So Computer Kid lost both his parents to fire. Great…….
Minor detail, but his father died of a gunshot wound in Vegas.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
RentAThug at 12:57PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
After watching the season finale I'm pretty disappointed with the whole season. Suresh is an idiot. Peter is an overpowered idiot. The Mexican twins and Micah and co. storylines were entirely unnecessary to the overall plot.

Heroes needs a serious overhaul when they come back from the strike.

Crime Pays, updating Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
hpkomic at 1:03PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
Just once I'd like a nice fight from Heroes.

For a comic-book style show, there's just not enough of the violence you'd want from it.
Hawk at 1:21PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
Phunin
I understand that, but wouldn't both of them have to be in the casket first? When Hiro teleports he is usually teleported with that person. So they would both have to be in that small casket together then he'd have to teleport back out. I'm just saying, it doesn't look like they can both fit.

You know, it's totally possible that Hiro froze time and simply dug a grave, went and got a casket, and physically buried Adam. I mean, he's got all the time in the world.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Phunin at 1:25PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(offline)
Possible? Yes. Doubtful? Yes. I doubt he took the time to dig a grave. I'm guessing it's just gonna remain as a plot hole.
TheMidge28 at 4:40PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
Phunin
Possible? Yes. Doubtful? Yes. I doubt he took the time to dig a grave. I'm guessing it's just gonna remain as a plot hole.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a plot hole but more of unexplained phenomenon.
We never got a straight answer on what the heck was up with Niki/Jessica and now she is possibly dead. Would you call that a plot hole?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:22PM
Dragonizer at 5:05PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
Y'know, I actually think it's pretty stupid that Hiro trapped Adam in that casket; he should've killed Adam instead. Adam will live forever, so you'd think that somebody will eventually hear his screaming from below the earth. (I mean, you could hear it from the camera's POV aboveground).
I just get the feeling that we haven't seen the last of Adam…

Also, I've been waiting the entire show for Nikki to die, so yay. XD
K.A.L.A.-dan! Morality Pet >:3
The end of time will be the end of guilt.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
hpkomic at 5:18PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
Dragonizer
Y'know, I actually think it's pretty stupid that Hiro trapped Adam in that casket; he should've killed Adam instead. Adam will live forever, so you'd think that somebody will eventually hear his screaming from below the earth. (I mean, you could hear it from the camera's POV aboveground).

There is no way you could hear someone covered by all that dirt, in a box, screaming.

It was just used for dramatic effect. It's like a scene where someone is screaming and suddenly the camera zooms out into space and you still hear the screaming. It doesn't mean the person can be heard from space, it is just used to enhance the idea that they are screaming loudly.
Dragonizer at 5:27PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
hpkomic
Dragonizer

There is no way you could hear someone covered by all that dirt, in a box, screaming.

It was just used for dramatic effect. It's like a scene where someone is screaming and suddenly the camera zooms out into space and you still hear the screaming. It doesn't mean the person can be heard from space, it is just used to enhance the idea that they are screaming loudly.

Don't burst my bubble. D:

I actually kinda WANT Adam to come back. He's a cool villian, though not as cool as Sylar, of course. =D
K.A.L.A.-dan! Morality Pet >:3
The end of time will be the end of guilt.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
kitty17 at 9:15PM, Dec. 6, 2007
(offline)
I wish Maya stayed dead…she annoyed the crap out of me.

And Nikki…I doubt she's dead.

Exzachly at 3:00PM, Dec. 7, 2007
(online)
Phunin

It could, of course, be entirely up to Hiro if the person touching them is teleported with him.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
Janen at 5:01PM, Dec. 7, 2007
(offline)
hpkomic
Just once I'd like a nice fight from Heroes.

For a comic-book style show, there's just not enough of the violence you'd want from it.

I guess this is where most of us are disappointed. Action comics are all about elaborate battles, that don't end with one single attack, unfortunately this is what happens all the time in Heroes. They build up the tension for a couple of episodes only to end up with a one minute long or less for a fight, that ends with a single attack. I don't mind they not explaining how certain things happen and allowing us to use our imagination, but if there is one element that you don't get lazy and cheap on, on a superheroes show is fights. Of course I will still be watching the third season.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM
Phunin at 6:04PM, Dec. 7, 2007
(offline)
TheMidge28
Phunin

I wouldn't necessarily call it a plot hole but more of unexplained phenomenon.
We never got a straight answer on what the heck was up with Niki/Jessica and now she is possibly dead. Would you call that a plot hole?

No, Because no one cares about her XP

Someone
It could, of course, be entirely up to Hiro if the person touching them is teleported with him.

Where is it shown that there is any sign of him being able to do that before?
isukun at 7:53PM, Dec. 7, 2007
(online)
I don't mind they not explaining how certain things happen and allowing us to use our imagination, but if there is one element that you don't get lazy and cheap on, on a superheroes show is fights. Of course I will still be watching the third season.

I remember reading in an interview that season one was supposed to end with a pretty ellaborate fight scene with people hucking busses at each other and whatnot, but the budget for the show simply wasn't enough to make it a reality. Unfortunately, with the writers strike, season two was severely cut (originally planned for 24 episodes and ended up 11), so likely a lot of things got shortened or just came off half assed. They really should have delayed the season to do it properly.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved