Media Megaforum

Hey, DD, whatcha listening to?
mechanical_lullaby at 7:27AM, Jan. 23, 2007
(online)
I'm listening to the Pixies' Wave of Mutilation album. I say that I like them on CD better than live, and people who never have heard them before don't understand that its not because they sound like this. Two people I was talking to yesterday assumed they were no talent hacks and I was incredibly insulted*. Some people like the sound they make live. SOme people like it alot. I just prefer them on CD because I don't like the sound live. I was really furious. Pfft. I'm just too punk for them.
*If you've ever seen me insulted, you wouldn't know I was. I'm probably one of the most temperate people you'll ever meet… if you ever meet me.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
Crazy Dutchman at 9:27AM, Jan. 23, 2007
(offline)
Pixies rule! I looooove them! Been listening to their album ‘Trompe le Monde’ a lot lately. It's the last album I bought of them, not their best one, but the songs Alec Eiffel and Motorway to Roswell are very pretty!

I'm listening to the debute album of Wolfmother A LOT! Words can't describe how much I'm in love with it. Greatness!

I also bought the album ‘Junkie XL - Saturday Teenage Kick’ along with Wolfmother. It's still a cool electronic CD. I mostly bought it because of the good childhood memories I had of it, I loved it back then. “Junkie XL will tell, junkie XL will tell, Junkie XL will tell, the future in computer hell” ;)

And my playlist:
Matisyahu - Chop 'em Down
!!! - Me And Giuliani Down By The School Yard (Intensifieder Sunracapellectroshit mix)
Dean and Britta - Words You Used To Say
The Chemical Brothers - Leave Home
The Fratellis - For the Girl
Beck - Lazy Flies
Placebo - Meds
Kasabian - Shoot the Runner
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
Lords_of_Darkness at 7:04PM, Jan. 23, 2007
(offline)
Three Days Grace
Breaking Benjamin
Linkin Park
Black Sabboth (Iron Man mainly)
Staind (probably favorite band)
Crossfade
Drowning Pool (Tear Away mainly)
Mudvayne (select songs)
Korn (again select songs)
Pink Floyd (Brick in the Wall mainly)
Creed
Chevelle
Papa Roach
Green Day (select songs yet again)

Just to name a few.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Beaums at 9:01PM, Jan. 23, 2007
(offline)
mechanical_lullaby
I'm listening to the Pixies' Wave of Mutilation album. I say that I like them on CD better than live, and people who never have heard them before don't understand that its not because they sound like this. Two people I was talking to yesterday assumed they were no talent hacks and I was incredibly insulted*. Some people like the sound they make live. SOme people like it alot. I just prefer them on CD because I don't like the sound live. I was really furious. Pfft. I'm just too punk for them.
*If you've ever seen me insulted, you wouldn't know I was. I'm probably one of the most temperate people you'll ever meet… if you ever meet me.

Woo! Pixies for the win! I've been enjoying their "Wave of Mutilation" album too lately. They've got a really unique sound and I like that. I like that a lot. Unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing them live, so I can't comment on that matter. But if they're as half as good as they are on the CD, I'll be happy! (Well… maybe a bit more than half…)

Anyways, I've been listening to Beck's new album, "The Information“, lately. Beck is alternative music at its prime, it's just so damn good. ”Cellphone's Dead" could easily be called my favorite song of 2006. Oh, and I've also been listening to Rush's greatest hits album: "Gold". It's all of the best Rush songs in one fantastic 2-disc set. I highly recommend it.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:15AM
Shawn_Perry at 9:31PM, Jan. 23, 2007
(online)
Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
Ian Jay at 9:39AM, Jan. 24, 2007
(offline)
Right now (literally) I'm listening to Japanese metal band Boris's 2005 release Pink. Now, I've never really been into Japanese or metal, but someone recommended this CD to me, and while it isn't exactly music to relax and unwind to, it's a lot of fun. …Remember when you first heard about the “psychedelic rock” of the 60s, and wanted to hear what guitars sounded like when played by people “on acid”? And then you actually found some 60s psych rock, and found out that it was actually, like, Eric Clapton, and you got all disappointed? This CD kind of makes up for that disappointment– it has a lot of thick, twisting, syrupy guitar solos that practically drip out of the speakers, plus skittery drums and indecipherable vocals. Good stuff.

I also agree with Beaums in that Beck's new album The Information is an excellent record– it wasn't what I expected, so I didn't get into it right away, but now I really enjoy its dark, shimmering sound.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Beaums at 6:07PM, Jan. 24, 2007
(offline)
Ian Jay
Right now (literally) I'm listening to Japanese metal band Boris's 2005 release Pink. Now, I've never really been into Japanese or metal, but someone recommended this CD to me, and while it isn't exactly music to relax and unwind to, it's a lot of fun. …Remember when you first heard about the “psychedelic rock” of the 60s, and wanted to hear what guitars sounded like when played by people “on acid”? And then you actually found some 60s psych rock, and found out that it was actually, like, Eric Clapton, and you got all disappointed? This CD kind of makes up for that disappointment– it has a lot of thick, twisting, syrupy guitar solos that practically drip out of the speakers, plus skittery drums and indecipherable vocals. Good stuff.

I also agree with Beaums in that Beck's new album The Information is an excellent record– it wasn't what I expected, so I didn't get into it right away, but now I really enjoy its dark, shimmering sound.

Yeah. my thoughts exactly. “The Information” takes steps in a direction Beck neglected to venture in his previous albums. Just compare it with "Odelay“, ”Sea Change“ or ”Melow Gold". BIG difference. But you said it perfectly, I love it's dark, shimmering sound. It almost sounds more electronic than his previous albums…

Crazy Dutchman at 4:25AM, Jan. 25, 2007
(offline)
I don't know that much of Boris, the songs I heard where ok, but I know them better for their team-up with Sunn 0. Now I'm not that fond Sunn 0, but along with their corporation they made this one beautiful song. I absolutely love it.. You can find it right here. If it's anything illigal I'm doing here the modoraters may just delete this link, but I see it more as a preview ‘cause a short demo would be too short to judge this wonderful piece of music.

On this moment I’m listening to “Running around, robbing banks, all wacked off of SCOOBY SNACKS!” Totally classic :)

Coming up is a lilltle bit of No Knife, Blur, Coldcut, Chris Cornell and Kaiser Chiefs.
josif at 7:26AM, Jan. 25, 2007
(offline)
Im currently listening to a mixture of:
-Fratellis
-Goodcharlotte
-Greenday
- and Oasis
Your Reading Skills Have Increased By Two Points.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
Beaums at 3:39PM, Jan. 25, 2007
(offline)
Crazy Dutchman
On this moment I'm listening to “Running around, robbing banks, all wacked off of SCOOBY SNACKS!” Totally classic :)

Nah man, you got it all wrong. That's not the name of the song, (though it is the lyrics to the main chorus…). You're thinking of a song called "Scooby Snacks" by the Fun Lovin' Criminals. They were virtually one-hit wonders… but man does that one hit own. I love the clips of old cop movies they thrown in there.

“Are you cool?”

*crashing noises*

“I am cool.”

Oh man you put me in the mood, I'ma listen to it right now!

Peipei at 4:39PM, Jan. 25, 2007
(online)
Right now im listening to a mixture of songs by:

Depeche mode
Christina aguilera
Utada Hikaru
MDFMK
The Clash
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Crazy Dutchman at 7:42AM, Jan. 26, 2007
(offline)
Beaums
Crazy Dutchman
On this moment I'm listening to “Running around, robbing banks, all wacked off of SCOOBY SNACKS!” Totally classic :)

Nah man, you got it all wrong. That's not the name of the song, (though it is the lyrics to the main chorus…). You're thinking of a song called "Scooby Snacks" by the Fun Lovin' Criminals.
Oh no man, you've got me all wrong :) I knew the artist and title but I just putted the chorus of the song there 'cause I tought everyone would know wich song I ment. And hey, I was right ;)

She gave me the loot with puckered up lips and a wink that I found cute and I said
baby, baby, baaaaaaabe….

Is this some Kharmic-Chi love thing happening here baby or what?…..
B)
Beaums at 11:42AM, Jan. 26, 2007
(offline)
Crazy Dutchman
Oh no man, you've got me all wrong :) I knew the artist and title but I just putted the chorus of the song there 'cause I tought everyone would know wich song I ment. And hey, I was right ;)

She gave me the loot with puckered up lips and a wink that I found cute and I said
baby, baby, baaaaaaabe….

Is this some Kharmic-Chi love thing happening here baby or what?…..
B)

Ohhhhhhh okay. I got ya now. Sorry for comin' out like a know-it-all, forums are places with emotions restricted to a couple of little Emotes, so it can get hard to pick these things up.

My mistake! lol!

Crazy Dutchman at 2:29AM, Jan. 27, 2007
(offline)
No need to be sorry there man ;)

And I'm the type of person myself that is correcting friends loads of time because they've got artists/titles all wrong. It's those damn download programs, they just type in an artist and consider everything the filenme says is correct. This way I had to tell my friend over and over again that ‘Born to be Wild’ isn't an AC/DC song and a girl did not believe me when I told her ‘She Hates Me’ aint a Nirvana-song. Tough I have to admit ‘She (fucking) Hates Me’ does sound a bit like Nirvana, but that's more because they were inspired by them, and somehow it just isn't Kurt's style you know.. Actually, I think Puddle of Mudd is quite rubbish!
kaminari at 2:48AM, Jan. 27, 2007
(online)
The CD in my car stereo now is Rosenrot by Rammstein.

In my pc-cd player, its my favorite Japanese Koto Orchestra cd released by Lyrichord.

On my playlist, well, thats over 1600 random different songs almost entirely (98%) Japanese in origin ranging from rare vk indies, to mainstream jrock, to boybandish music, to high pitched girly pop, to anime theme songs, to 70s folk music, to experimental synthesizer stuff, instrumental, orchestral, kids songs, comedy, etc etc..

I have a special secret to obtaining Japanese music ^_^

I am FS2 champion! w00t!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
Twin at 11:03PM, Jan. 28, 2007
(offline)
Right now I'm listening to Regina Spektor's new album ‘Begin to Hope’. Which is a real turnaround, considering all I listened to early last year was heavy metal. XD

Oh, and Daft Punk. But then, I'm always listening to Daft Punk.
Spritely - for all your funny needs.
Total Immersion - for all your Pokemon-centric pseudo-romantic story needs.

Something for everyone!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
Crazy Dutchman at 8:44AM, Jan. 29, 2007
(offline)
I'm listening a lot to Underworld - Born Slippy again. It's still such a great track!
AQua_ng at 8:51AM, Jan. 29, 2007
(online)
You can check what I'm listening to here.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:55AM
Crazy Dutchman at 9:13AM, Jan. 29, 2007
(offline)
AQua_ng
You can check what I'm listening to here.
Blur - Coffee and TV is one of the prettiest songs that has ever existed
hat at 2:23PM, Jan. 30, 2007
(offline)
http://dgurl.imeem.com/music/Bwp62Dxi/act_a_fool/

^What I'm listening to.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
kyupol at 3:33PM, Jan. 31, 2007
(online)
Dogs can Fly - Teeth

Sleepless - Slapshock

Awake and Lifeless - A dozen furies

This Is War - Ill Nino
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 5:30PM, Jan. 31, 2007
(online)
The Black Mages (LOLZ I R NERD!!111!!)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM
MiniMyth at 5:31PM, Jan. 31, 2007
(offline)
OC Remix! I love it so much!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
kingofsnake at 5:54AM, Feb. 1, 2007
(online)
Love that new Fratelli's album

Plus they just scored an ipod commercial so you know they're going to blow up in america soon.

Jamie T's Album came out a couple days ago. I'm waiting with baited breath for it to come in the mail!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
mechanical_lullaby at 5:59AM, Feb. 1, 2007
(online)
Currently listening to(and I do mean right now) :
Rancid- Antennas
I'm not usually into heavy-ish stuff but Rancid's suprisingly flexible. I orignially bought the CD and looked in and was like, “wow, there's 22 songs in here.” Most of them barely make over minute long. Serves me right, eh? I still like Rancid.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
Crazy Dutchman at 6:13AM, Feb. 1, 2007
(offline)
hat
http://dgurl.imeem.com/music/Bwp62Dxi/act_a_fool/
Sweet!

kingofsnake
Love that new Fratelli's album
Yes, Still rules

And I just put my new Webjay.org list online of the songs I love and listened to the most in January:
January List
hat at 2:30PM, Feb. 1, 2007
(offline)
http://profile.imeem.com/pV4skh/music/UaZbfkcX/ghost_ride_it/
^Ghostbusters FTW. Makes me want to get up and dance.

Search for the vid on youtube.
Actually here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vnhGJn13LwE
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Tantz Aerine at 3:51PM, Feb. 1, 2007
(online)
Nightwish, Century Child. I'm writing battles, and their style helps a lot without beating my brain to pulp ;)

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 7:01PM, Feb. 1, 2007
(online)
here's a list of songs I've been listening to obsessively lately:
1. Nocturne #9 ~Chopin
2. Pigs(three different ones) ~Pink Floyd
3. Au Revoir ~Malice Mizer (this one I leave on repeat for hours and hours)
4. Rosie Won't You Please Come Home ~The Kinks
5. Shissou ~Last Alliance (the highest playcount in iTunes I've ever achieved… 493 times! it's almost embarrassing!)
6. Nocturne #4 ~Chopin
7. Trains to Brazil ~the Guillemots
8. All the Madmen ~David Bowie
9. Lady Stardust ~David Bowie
10. Atlantis ~Donovan (Ok THIS is the embarrassing one! wtf's wrong with meeee?)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
Crazy Dutchman at 8:29AM, Feb. 2, 2007
(offline)
Kristen Gudsnuk
the Guillemots
Pretty great band

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved