Debate and Discussion

Hey, there Daddy-O!
maritalbliss at 1:26PM, April 25, 2007
(online)
Okay, so—I'm postin' it.

Alec Baldwin…

Let me begin by saying…I think it is ridiculous that everytime I turn on the news that this poor, distressed, dad's rant is on the waves.

I taught junior high for several years…(before I wised up and quit) and sometimes, 11 and 12 year olds need some discipline…He lives hundreds of miles from his child…How is he supposed to have any control? Answer is he doesn't and it frustrated him to the point that he told her off.

So, what…I can recall many more hurtful things my parents and I said to each other when I was that age. It's not like he told her she was a mistake or even a bitch…He didn't tell her she was just as much of a cunt as her cunt of a mother who leaked the damn (personal/family) message to the public.

I think that if anything, he should be commended for tellin' his daughter (which face it…she is from the “Hollywood” crowd that her behavior was unacceptable…)

After all, would you rather be a fish?

Okay, let me be more specific…

Last week, (for those that don't know) Alec Baldwin (the actor) has been bein blasted in the media for being a horrible parent for yelling at his kid (who lives with her mom, fellow actor, Kim Basinger.) over a cell phone. The message was “leaked” to TMZ and Baldwin is just being (for the most part) roasted alive for: being so angry, not knowing if his daughter was eleven or twelve, and calling her a “rude, thoughtless little pig.” Basinger and Baldwin are in the middle of a particularly nasty divorce and unfortunately–their daughter is one of the prime ammo reserves.

All's I'm sayin' is……

He's a dad. He yelled at his kid. That's what dad's do…That's what dad's are supposed to do. If you've never been yelled at by your parents…You are probably a spoiled brat, ask anybody. He did not used profanity. He did not use threats. He called her an animal and told her he was going to straighten her out.

Let's face it people, she could most likely, use some straightening. I've seen tons of “regular” kids in a divorce act positivey ghastly. (Which, from what I've seen from the media…is a sound assumption.) I'm glad that he's yellin' at her so she doesn't end up a “Paris” (With STD's and a rap sheet) in five years.

As for the eleven/twelve issue, your parents in one point in your life have forgotten your name before, they have been so mad at you that your name has simply slipped thier mind….So, don't even try that. Hell, Bill Cosby's funniest stand-up dealt with just that subject, so Goddammit! give the guy a break…He's just tryin' to raise his kid.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
Alexis at 1:50PM, April 25, 2007
(offline)
I don't really agree. I think the media has been too hard on him and I think children do need to be punished, but I think he committed 2 very large errors. First he didn't seem to know how old his daughter is, weather she was 11 or 12. I know he was mad, but that doesn't make it seem like he has a close relationship with his daughter. second he trashed his daughter's mother to his daughter. I'm sure his ex-wife has been doing the same thing, but that doesn't excuse either of them.

You know who I feel bad in the news? Brittney Spears.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
ozoneocean at 2:15PM, April 25, 2007
(online)
What the hell are you talking about maritalbliss????
It'd help if you described the issue and not just your reaction to it ok :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
subcultured at 2:19PM, April 25, 2007
(online)
he means this

his is the message Alec Baldwin left on his 11-year-old daughter's voice mail.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:02PM
Phantom Penguin at 2:37PM, April 25, 2007
(offline)
I think its funny that he kept saying “for the last time”. It makes me think hes going to off his kid. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
Alexis at 3:36PM, April 25, 2007
(offline)
were the red text and curse words really necessary? It's all just differences of opinion of a piece of celebrity gossip.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
subcultured at 4:04PM, April 25, 2007
(online)
i've change your text colors. it was really hard to read with all that red digging into my brain.

i think he didn't really cross the line… it was a dad mad at his daughter. it just got blown out of proportions. i still don't know why anyone aired thier dirty laundry like that. it's not like he hits his daughter, she just got berated.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:02PM
maritalbliss at 6:10PM, April 25, 2007
(online)
Alexis
were the red text and curse words really necessary? It's all just differences of opinion of a piece of celebrity gossip.

Did you even read what I wrote? I wasn't “cursing” in red…I chose red ('cause I like red) to differentiate from my initial post…Sorry if you took it that way. If you are talking about the “Godddammit” that is a quote from Bill Cosby and was intended to be funny….Guess that dates me.
maritalbliss at 6:11PM, April 25, 2007
(online)
subcultured
i've change your text colors. it was really hard to read with all that red digging into my brain.

i think he didn't really cross the line… it was a dad mad at his daughter. it just got blown out of proportions. i still don't know why anyone aired thier dirty laundry like that. it's not like he hits his daughter, she just got berated.

I'm sorry it dug into your brain…My brain needed the color difference, since I wrote it in two different settings…(I was trying to describe the issue instead of just my reaction (per Ocean) See, that's why I stay out of forums…I just end up makin' it less fun for everyone else.
Hijuda at 7:38PM, April 25, 2007
(offline)
He's getting blasted… for this? This is on par with what my sister gets every other week or so.

Man, America really is getting pussified.
It's a comic!

LOLOL LAMFAO
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
kingofsnake at 9:06PM, April 25, 2007
(online)
Yeah, that sounds pretty par for the course to me.

I think people tend to forget just how vindictive and coniving 11 year olds can be when they put their mind to it. I have two younger siblings, so I'm intimately familiar with it. I'm sure she's not innocent in any of this.

Especially at that age, with a divorce going through. Kim probably blasts Alec to her all day long (it's not like she's been working alot lately.) She probably doesn't see either of her parents that much, so she is more bitter due to the neglect, and acts out for the attention.

Sort of a “negative attention is better than no attention” thing.

Alec is probably in the right here, and really he doesn't even say anything that I'd consider “over the line.” He's just angry at the shit his daughter's been pulling and reacts like any normal person would react when they're angry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
maritalbliss at 9:52PM, April 25, 2007
(online)
kingofsnake
Yeah, that sounds pretty par for the course to me.etc.

Well put.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved