Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Hi, I'm new. I've got a few questions about starting out.
Knightfarce at 6:12PM, Dec. 10, 2006
(offline)
I was wondering what the best way to start out a comic is, schedule-wise. My plan so far is to create a few comics first before actually putting them on Drunk Duck, so that I get a feel for how fast I can produce them and set up a schedule accordingly. I don't really want to put up the first page (which I have done) and then have it be so long between then and the next update that anyone who's read it has forgotten about it by then. Is this a good strategy, or should I do something different? Also, should I make a title page? It would be nice for figuring out what kind of template I want to use, but I really want to make sure this is something I want to dedicate myself to, before I commit to anything. Soooooooo…any suggestions? Thanks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Black_Kitty at 8:45PM, Dec. 10, 2006
(online)
Hey there! Welcome to DrunkDuck! :D

I think producing a buffer is a great idea! As you said, it'll give you a feel for how fast you can produce them and at the same time, having a buffer is always a good thing. If you suddenly experience a busy week for example, your updating schedule wouldn't suffer due to your buffer.

While a title page is nice, I think that's totally up to you and what kind of comic you're producing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:23AM
Knightfarce at 4:49PM, Dec. 11, 2006
(offline)
Thanks! Being a couple of strips a head was another thing I was keeping in mind. Also, it's cool to have your first post answered by an Admin, I've never seen an online community that tightly knit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon