Random Discussion

Hi, I'm Todd Davis, President of Lifelock, and I am a vitim of identity fraud!
SpANG at 12:26PM, May 23, 2008
(online)
PC World

Todd Davis, the CEO of the identity-theft protection service LifeLock is still defending his company, despite becoming a victim of identity theft himself…

…Davis does make sure to include the point that LifeLock doesn't guarantee that a customer's identity won't be stolen, and with services like this, that is one of the most important factors to remember.

Huh.

Full story…
http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/007008.html
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
mattchee at 1:29PM, May 23, 2008
(online)
I've had my bank account hijacked 3 separate times. After the first time, I created a separate account just for online transactions, etc, and yep, that account was the victim of the following two problems. The last time the guy signed me up for all kinds of services and crazy stuff like signed up for DVD clubs, yet had the stuff shipped to ME… weird stuff like that. I there were debt consolidators, some google money program, all kinds of stuff calling me daily…

Its really no fun.

Anyway, for a guy to put his SS out there like that and have 87 attempts at ID theft, with only one success… that's actually not too bad compared to us Joes who DONT put our information out there like that.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:55PM
Llama_Comic at 1:41PM, May 23, 2008
(offline)
I don't care how good his company is. Putting your SS out there like that is just STUPID! What a freakin' moron.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
SpANG at 1:50PM, May 23, 2008
(online)
mattchee
Anyway, for a guy to put his SS out there like that and have 87 attempts at ID theft, with only one success… that's actually not too bad compared to us Joes who DONT put our information out there like that.

I'd agree with you, but… He's the CEO! He probably has a super deluxe service plan that regular people don't even get. My real question would be, “Is anyone safe if the freakin' CEO can be gotten to?”

…. Or is lifelock a glorified credit checking company?

While we are on the subject, isn't the fact that he publicizes so highly his SS# probably the reason he can prove who he is without going through hoops like the rest of us? It's a gimmick that proves absolutely nothing.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
mattchee at 3:49PM, May 23, 2008
(online)
SpANG
I'd agree with you, but… He's the CEO! He probably has a super deluxe service plan that regular people don't even get. My real question would be, “Is anyone safe if the freakin' CEO can be gotten to?”

…. Or is lifelock a glorified credit checking company?

While we are on the subject, isn't the fact that he publicizes so highly his SS# probably the reason he can prove who he is without going through hoops like the rest of us? It's a gimmick that proves absolutely nothing.

No no… I'm with you… I have no idea what Lifelock does, except verify “fishy” with you (in a lot of cases, this happens anyway, as, surprise surprise, credit companies don't like fraud as much as people don't), according to Mr. Davis' description. I think they've really freaked people out about fraud and are making money off a service that, in the best cause, you'll never need anyway (but the same could be said for insurance).

And I do think its hilarious and a huge blow to the credibility of the company, since the point of putting his SS out there is show that he WON'T get frauded. I was just sayin' that statistically, given that he's freely handing out his SS, its really not bad that he was protected 86 out 87 attempts… that something like a 98.9% success rate.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:55PM
dueeast at 2:17PM, May 24, 2008
(online)
I thought from the beginning that putting his real SSN# on the ads, trucks, net, etc. etc. was just DARING a million hackers to steal his identity…and there's some real aces out there who (obviously) can pull it off. I don't wish ill on anyone but this serves him right.

I'm still laughing, too – this was/is hilarious! lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved