Comic Talk and General Discussion *

High School
Cthulhu at 6:46PM, June 13, 2007
(online)
That's pretty random.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:56AM
blntmaker at 9:33PM, June 13, 2007
(offline)
High school teacher here. Gotta chime in…

As a student, I loved high school! Then again, the coolest thing about high school back in my day were the parachute pants, The Transformers, Thundercats, Max Headroom, Depeche Mode's Music For The Masses Album (yeah, ALBUM), and ANY rap that had curse words in it!

That said, I was just your average jock/closet geek - how many guys do you know played in the marching band AND did football and soccer to boot???

As a teacher, the game has changed. You teens have a bit more access to information and are thus, a bit more aware. Thus, it leaves you open to be a bit more sarcastic, dubious and perhaps, indifferent about the world view. Kids question authority a lot more because they're smarter. To slightly paraphrase a classic punk song…“the bloody kids ARE bloody keen”!

Even with all that knowledge, now comes the responsibility to give you the power to do something about the world you live in today…

Knowing will ALWAYS be half the battle - G.I. JOE!

Ahem…another 80's plug!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
kayoanno at 8:10AM, June 14, 2007
(offline)
High school…Gawd, that was like….4 years ago.
I'm not gonna lie, I was straight-edge ^^ alot of kids had me classified as Emo…
I went to shows, but was usually very quiet around people, unless I really had something to say.I also had long,blonde hair with purple streaks (don't ask how I got away with that, even I don't know)
I never had any problems with my instructors, except my Art teacher. She and I just couldn't get along!( I almost flunked art class cause she didn't think I was paying attention to the assignments, truth was, I was already done with my work)
Music was my life. I was a bassist for a short-lived band called “Drowning Dollies” (XD) I would create/modify my clothes which were usually in dark colors
….I was also a closet otaku ^^;

…skip to present day!
music still plays a big role in my life, though the words are usually in japanese or korean (I'm learning Japanese,slowly but surely)I play guitar on a daily basis, just for fun. I still create and modify my clothing but instead of the darker attire, I like stuff with contrast (black and white together, usually) and now, I am proud to admit… I am a Jrock otaku~!

I conquered HTML!!!
*flails arms*
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 8:27AM, June 14, 2007
(offline)
kayoanno
music still plays a big role in my life, though the words are usually in japanese or korean (I'm learning Japanese,slowly but surely)I play guitar on a daily basis, just for fun. I still create and modify my clothing but instead of the darker attire, I like stuff with contrast (black and white together, usually) and now, I am proud to admit… I am a Jrock otaku~!

heh… typical north american:P
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon