Debate and Discussion

Hilary for Vice president of the U.S.?
ozoneocean at 10:39PM, June 28, 2008
(online)
Jebus, enough about American politics already! :gem:

or not :)

—————

IF the Democrats win, would Hilary Clinton make a good Vice President?
Personally, between her and Obama, I'd pick Obama every time for top job, but as vice president she could be good. Just because she's so popular with Democrat voters.
I have a suspicion that she'd turn into an Obama administration's version of Dick Cheney, she has a reactive conservative streak in her that will grow stronger as she ages and an ever so slight “born to rule” attitude that comes from her background. -both things aren't so great, but she'd handle the role with no worries, she'd even make a great president for the U.S. if Obama wasn't the better *person here.

*edited out “man”. THAT was a serious mistake.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
HippieVan at 11:46PM, June 28, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean

Yes.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Have a comic milestone, a community project or some comic-related news you’d like to see in
a newspost? Send it to me via PQ or at hippievannews(at)gmail.com!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
ozoneocean at 2:06AM, June 29, 2008
(online)
Not.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
BffSatan at 2:22AM, June 29, 2008
(online)
I'd go for that, I've always prefered Hillary a little anyway.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
lothar at 2:27AM, June 29, 2008
(online)
i don't think there's a chance in hell Obama will pick her . that's why he's asking his supporters to help Clinton pay her debt from the campaign .
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
bobhhh at 3:12AM, June 29, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean

or not :)

—————

IF the Democrats win, would Hilary Clinton make a good Vice President?
Personally, between her and Obama, I'd pick Obama every time for top job, but as vice president she could be good. Just because she's so popular with Democrat voters.
I have a suspicion that she'd turn into an Obama administration's version of Dick Cheney, she has a reactive conservative streak in her that will grow stronger as she ages and an ever so slight “born to rule” attitude that comes from her background. -both things aren't so great, but she'd handle the role with no worries, she'd even make a great president for the U.S. if Obama wasn't the better man here.

Think carefully, Kennedy is about to give up the ghost, she is poised to be the most visible and influential senator for the next couple of decades.

Why woould she care about second bannana? He could offer her a supremem court seat, but persoanlly I think Obama should offer Bill the supreme court seat, its happened before: William Howard Taft. His staus as a former pres help reshape the court.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Howard_Taft

Bill's rockstar status could transform the court and set it on a liberal heading for decades to come.
My name is Bob and I approved this signature.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:30AM
Ronson at 4:41AM, June 29, 2008
(online)
Well, except that Bill and Hillary are only moderately liberal and that liberalism is fairly isolated in social issues. Economically, they're conservatives in democrats clothing. Internationally, they had a very conservative stance with other countries, though nothing close to the neocon insanity we live though today.

My entire problem with either of them in the Supreme Court is that neither is a Constitutional scholar. The Supremes are in charge of interpreting law in regards to the Constitution, not making arbitrary partisan decisions. I understand that in it's current state it only makes partisan decisions, but that doesn't mean that should continue forever. Anyway, with Roberts steering the court, it's unlikely either Hillary or Bill would take a subordinate position in the court.

As for Hillary as a VP, I would accept it but I find it unlikely. Obama seems to want to at least symbolically break new ground, and I don't think putting the old guard on his ticket is in the cards. Not to mention the countless harmful things the Clintons have said about Obama at this point, which the Republicans are already throwing back at the Obama campaign. (Funny, all the bad things Mitt Romney said about McCain seem to have just dissolved away.)

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
kyupol at 9:14AM, June 29, 2008
(online)
Hiel Hitlary!!!
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
DAJB at 11:12PM, June 29, 2008
(online)
Seems like it would be a bad move to me.

Obama must surely know that, if Hillary was VP, his ability to make his own decisions would be so much more difficult. Everything he wanted to do would be met with: “What Bill and I used to do, was …”, “Trust me, I know how things work around here …”, or “We tried that before and it didn't work …”

I can't believe she would simply tow the line and support his agenda.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
Hawk at 8:55AM, June 30, 2008
(online)
What DAJB said makes a lot of sense. Maybe Hillary's past experience would actually be helpful, but it would almost certainly result in the two butting heads.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
SpANG at 9:47AM, June 30, 2008
(online)
I think it would be a silly, stupid thing to do, just to appease the baby-boomer whiner types that don't like Obama. Hillary threw Obama under the bus several times during her campaign. She's slime, and so was her whole run.

If he did offer it to her, it would show a great sign of weakness that the Republicans would definitely use against him.

Most Hillary fans were/are older Americans (aka “The Baby Boomers” ) that have, for the first time, not gotten what they wanted. They are taking it very hard. Sorry boomers. You had your chance to change things. You blew it.

Of course, the other sect of Hillary fans are racists, closeted or out-in-the-open types. They still wouldn't vote for a black president even if Michael Richards was his running mate.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
bravo1102 at 6:06AM, July 1, 2008
(online)
It'd be a big mistake and as said before Hilary would never take second banana when she'll be poised to effectively take over the Deomcratic Senate leadership or maybe a major cabinet post.

Pelosi and Hilary? Talk about lots of ammo for Conservative talk radio, oh wait they'll bring back the Fairness Doctrine which will take away even more Freedom of Speech in the USA (I remember pre-1987 talk radio boring, maybe they'll bring back radio drama, I liked radio plays. I also liked non-conservative talk radio.)

If this happens I'm definitely moving out of the NYC metropolitan area. I hear Brazil is nice. :) (Weather and people mostly. According to some surveys Brazil has the best looking women in the world)

Or maybe I'll move nextdoor to ozoneocean in Aus. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
StaceyMontgomery at 2:37PM, July 1, 2008
(offline)
VP is an odd job, really, because the US President has so much power over it. The VP can be very powerful or just a person who goes to funerals overseas. When you take the job of VP, you are putting a lot of trust into the hand of the President.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:55PM
theninjap at 4:51PM, July 1, 2008
(online)
Aren't they pretty much already together? “Unite for change” and everything? Or did I miss something?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
lefarce at 7:00AM, July 4, 2008
(online)
Hippie Van
ozoneocean

Yes.

This a million times.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Bekefel at 7:01AM, July 4, 2008
(offline)
British politics is much better anyway.
Please, please, you give me too little credit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved