Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Hmmm....
Aurora Moon at 1:06AM, Aug. 20, 2006
(offline)
I couldn't be sure whenever this went into the art section, or here…

but whatever.

I have moments where I find it very hard to draw something, espeically an pose or expression from stratch, espeically when it's one of those days when I can't seem to get something right or soemthing exactly the way I wanted it.

so on those days I tend to fall back on using pictures of myself for poses, etc.

like this for example:

I drew that using this picture:

and now I'm stuck because I can't figure out which expression to use.

basically, I'm drawing something where a person is getting blown apart molecules by molecule, atom by atom.. in a very painful way, of course. and I can't dedice which one of those expressions would suit that scenario:

I wouldn't be posting this here, if I had friends online right now that was of help. I actually had one guy I was showing those to to see what he thought, but right now his mind is in the gutter os he wasn't any help. -_-
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Hawk at 2:18PM, Aug. 20, 2006
(online)
What I'd do is use the first one, but with significantly shrunken pupils.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Ian Jay at 2:25PM, Aug. 20, 2006
(offline)
I'd go with the first one or the second one. The fourth one looks a little too much like “Hey, who farted?”

…On the other hand, you don't have to show them actually getting blown up. You could just have a shot of their face a split-second before the explosion (maybe with a facial expression closer to the fourth one, with far more more surprise than actual pain), then a total white-out panel, then a third panel showing the character after getting blown to smithereens (a solitary wispy column of smoke should do just fine. Of course, it would also be great if you kept the character in one piece, but gave them an Elmer Fudd-esque “black ‘n’ crispy” look. Since you're doing a serious manga, though, I doubt that's gonna happen…).

Anyways, good luck.

~IJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Comicmasta at 4:12PM, Aug. 20, 2006
(offline)

No, image macros make Jesus cry. This isn't Top Drawer. Chameloncholic
i have been brought back….The Boanitia..grrrrr…..Must find Super Jesus!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:43AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved