General Discussion

Ho no CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!!
Call Me Tom at 11:34PM, Nov. 30, 2010
(online)
lefarce
If you hate Christmas you're either a stupid bastard or someone feigning edginess. “ugh, more like merry SHITmas, right???”

Get bent, the holiday season is rad. I'm burning some pumpkin candles, suckin' on a candy cane, and playing Donkey Kong and it feels great. Can't wait to get a fatass stocking full of candy, rip open some presents, and spend time with the folks. OH MAN WHAT A DRAG

Wow did you not read the what I wrote at the top of the page? I'm sure I said I didn't a hate Chrismas just that it was all started to soon makes it not special. What let me check… I did say what I thought I said. You didn't read what I was complaning about! Instead you just start insulting me because you think I might think diftent from you! If being normal is being like you I'm gald I'm Retarded! In fact I'm greatfull!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
ozoneocean at 12:09AM, Dec. 1, 2010
(online)
Call Me Tom
Wow did you not read the what I wrote at the top of the page?
I don't think he was directing that towards you really. More likely it was just a general sort of barrage against anyone who does profess to think the way he describes.

Although he can be an abrasive dick on occasion, so you never know :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Hawk at 9:14AM, Dec. 1, 2010
(online)
ayesinback
? it's good, but I like ELF more each time I see it. First time I enjoyed a Will Farrell movie - and the idea of putting maple syrup on Everything cracks me up.

Will Farrell has never made a movie as good as Elf ever since. He should have just quit after that one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
frankkerr at 5:43PM, Dec. 1, 2010
(offline)
chriscomic
I HAAAATTTEEEE how early Christmas starts now. But more than that, I hate all the arse faced people that this holiday brings out into the streets and stores. Makes me want to go live in a cave or something.

I do, however enjoy Christmas day, as my wife and her family always spoil the ever living crap out of me :D

Theres always arse faced people on the streets. They're just more noticeable on Christmas.

lefarce
It is. But there is also a lot of new stuff to really keep it fresh and make it feel like an actual addition to the series rather than rehashing the same crap to sell people on a nostalgia rush. Basically they got it spot-on, you should give a go. Also every level really plays differently so that's cool too.

Definite buy then. That is if I can reclaim the console from my 3 year old brother. Its funny watching him play brawl and call Link “Clink”.

The only thing I hate about this season is the amount of Twilight calenders displayed that I see in a walk through the mall… and for some reason Cliff Richard… Who would want a Cliff Richard calender? This is the season you notice more of the decent human beings at work. There was a woman standing out in front of her cafe giving out free cups of coffee, tea and hot chocolate for the kids at the christmas fair. Mince pies where £1:50 though. But they where delicious.
Christmas is great and always has been. Just a lot of the time people feel run down and left out.
From the age of 15 - 17 I was all “Christmas is gay” but since Ive been in a relationship and my little bros came a long Ive enjoyed christmas. Seeing the joy in his face on christmas morning and meeting my girlfriend on boxing day makes it all worth while. But since Ive became an adult I'm feeling really pressured to buy gifts.
My girlfriends bought me this
Manga Kimishibai

No idea what it actually is but all I know is that it was f**king expensive.
Which pressures me even more. Last year I bought her a £100 necklace and a £25 charm for the charm bracelet I bought her for our one year aniversary thing.

I dare say a simple made present will do.

Ive wrote too much already so Im just gonna end here.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
ozoneocean at 6:29PM, Dec. 1, 2010
(online)
You guys are lucky. Christmas just doesn't have that same feel when it's in the summer. Here it's generally a stinking hot, very uncomfortable day.
We all love it, but the heat really screws things up… i.e. being hot a drunk at the same time isn't a good combo.

lefarce at 9:15PM, Dec. 1, 2010
(offline)
Call Me Tom
lefarce
If you hate Christmas you're either a stupid bastard or someone feigning edginess. “ugh, more like merry SHITmas, right???”

Get bent, the holiday season is rad. I'm burning some pumpkin candles, suckin' on a candy cane, and playing Donkey Kong and it feels great. Can't wait to get a fatass stocking full of candy, rip open some presents, and spend time with the folks. OH MAN WHAT A DRAG

Wow did you not read the what I wrote at the top of the page? I'm sure I said I didn't a hate Chrismas just that it was all started to soon makes it not special. What let me check… I did say what I thought I said. You didn't read what I was complaning about! Instead you just start insulting me because you think I might think diftent from you! If being normal is being like you I'm gald I'm Retarded! In fact I'm greatfull!

Don't flatter yourself so much, I wasn't speaking to you.

Someone
Definite buy then. That is if I can reclaim the console from my 3 year old brother. Its funny watching him play brawl and call Link “Clink”.

It's got local co-op so at the very least you can watch as he rolls off countless cliffs as Diddy Kong.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
frankkerr at 3:10PM, Dec. 2, 2010
(offline)
ozoneocean
You guys are lucky. Christmas just doesn't have that same feel when it's in the summer. Here it's generally a stinking hot, very uncomfortable day.
We all love it, but the heat really screws things up… i.e. being hot a drunk at the same time isn't a good combo.

Piss makes everything better apparently.

lefarce
It's got local co-op so at the very least you can watch as he rolls off countless cliffs as Diddy Kong.

He'd just rage quit. He takes after me.

Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
itsjustaar at 12:02AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(online)
I don't mind Christmas, actually. xD I've noticed it's been starting earlier and earlier; this time is immediately after Halloween, with not a single mention of Thanksgiving.

Whenever the town plays their holiday music playlist, some - if not all - the music skips like a broken record. xD This once happened when my mother went off to work and slipped on the radio before getting radio; by the time I woke up later in the afternoon, it was still unattended to. xD

“It's the mo-, the mo-, the mo-, the mo-…”
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Thorgalkun at 8:32AM, Dec. 4, 2010
(online)
One thing I hate about Christmas is finding gifts, every year its a pain to find one for all my family/friends and before buying you must make sure no one else bought it already for him/her. Then it turns into a loop since it happens every year…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:29PM
ozoneocean at 8:56AM, Dec. 4, 2010
(online)
Thorgalkun
One thing I hate about Christmas is finding gifts, every year its a pain to find one for all my family/friends and before buying you must make sure no one else bought it already for him/her. Then it turns into a loop since it happens every year…
Give them the gift of jesus love ^___^

Seriously, that's a great idea for a get-out-of-presents-free-card!

Or convert to Judaism and get everyone a dradle! Those look cool. I wish someone would get ME one :(

Making gifts is a great idea… but after a few years of that you'll find that buying them is SO much simpler.

itsjustaar at 1:23PM, Dec. 4, 2010
(online)
Oh, lawdy. xD

Another pain is knowing what to get someone, but you honestly don't know what. Either said person refuses to want something or has vague clues on what they want. In my case, I got someone a ‘Terminator 2’ DVD only to be told he coulda gotten it himself.

I was like, “Well… sh*t.”
Thorgalkun at 11:39PM, Dec. 4, 2010
(online)
Because of internet, a movie isnt something to give to my friends… they basically watch all their movies on the internet… D:

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:29PM
itsjustaar at 12:30AM, Dec. 5, 2010
(online)
So true. xD But something like Youtube doesn't have the kinds of B-movies in my stash. D: I'm surprised some are getting through though, and they're fairly recent.

Back on topic, I think this year I'm just gonna send out cards. I'm poor like that. xD
Faliat at 6:16AM, Dec. 5, 2010
(online)
No. But I'm starting to get pissed off with it.

On the 1st my tutor was playing christmas song videos on the projector. I almost cracked.

But then again, we start advertising christmas in March…
I know it's considered okay because it's advertising saving plans for Christmas, but it's STILL FUCKING CHRISTMAS ADS IN MARCH!!!

Add the fact that my family is unsure whether to put decorations up or not since we might be moving house very close to Christmas anyway and it's already going to be hard enough to shift things without breaking a few 20 year old ornaments.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
blindsk at 3:52PM, Dec. 5, 2010
(online)
I completely agree that seeing Christmas ads months in advance are very annoying. However, it hasn't killed the Christmas spirit in me just yet.

I always look forward to this time of year because people are generally in better moods (unless you're a college student - that comes after finals!). I even like the music as well, save for when you're working a job in retail and have to listen to it loop over and over again.

As far as giving gifts goes? I'm surprised no one here mentioned gift cards yet! I always thought that was the easy way out.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
itsjustaar at 2:00AM, Dec. 6, 2010
(online)
The moment ‘Let it Snow’ kicks in, I'm suddenly reminded of John McClane just trying to have an ordinary, non-terrorist-involved Christmas Eve. xD

But it never lasts long.

Ever.
Salsa at 12:55PM, Dec. 6, 2010
(offline)
blindsk
(unless you're a college student - that comes after finals!)

Amen to that!

On topic: I don't hate Christmas, but I don't like having tinsel shoved down my throat while trying to come off the birthday high (4 days before Halloween). My mom keeps saying it's going to be slime pickings (my fault, had some car trouble ). I keep telling her don't worry. I couldn't care less what the price tag attached to my gifts is. I'm looking forward to a big warm bed, home cooking, and some time with my mom and sister.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
KnaveMurdok at 4:12AM, Dec. 7, 2010
(offline)
I have been DESIGNATED the SACRED TASK of SAVING CHRISTMAS this year.

I WILL NOT let you guys down!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Dark Pascual at 8:17AM, Dec. 7, 2010
(online)
I actually LOVE Christmas (Yes, even the blatant overcommercialization. What can I say, I don't mind don't get presents, but I like when I do).

Love to fight with my brother (Who HATES Christmas) because the tree isn't straight.
Love to test the lights and put them on the tree.
Love to help with the dinner.
Love to sing carols off tune with my sister.
Love to see my cousins.
Love to watch the Christmas movies and specials.

Yes, the times are sometimes hard and sad because the relatives that had passed away or because sometimes I feel guilty to not spend the day with either my dad or my mom since they're divorced.

But I have to many happy memories of the Christmas time to not love it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
Catcha Man at 5:17PM, Dec. 7, 2010
(offline)
What I can't stand about christmas is the damn traffic!

Another season of people buying worthless crap.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
Red Slayer at 8:55PM, Dec. 7, 2010
(online)
Catcha Man
What I can't stand about christmas is the damn traffic!

Another season of people buying worthless crap.
Often CHEAP worthless crap.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
KnaveMurdok at 3:34PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(offline)
I can't remember WHO SAID IT, or WHERE THIS QUOTE IS FROM, but it's something I LIKE TO SAY when people ask me if I have PLANS for the holidays.

“Man, Christmas is just another cold day!”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Kahlan_Brightblade at 7:27PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
crocty
Kahlan_Brightblade
The only part about Christmas that I hate, it the over commercialization. It makes the holdiday seem less about celebrating goodwill and more about spend spend spend! Plus retail stores keep putting their stuff for Christmas up earlier and earlier , its annoying.
You make it seem like Christmas is about anything other than receiving presents.

Well to me it is, to me itas about giving gifts and being with family . But to stores it's about selling as much as they can to make a profit. Even if they have to set their stuff for Christmas up after Halloween
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
Niccea at 7:33PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
Meh. I am working the retail. And I work in a section of the store dedicated to stocking stuffers and little gifts. Business was terrible until Black Friday. Yeah Christmas seems to go earlier, but have you ever had to do last minute shopping cause you forgot something? There is one advantage to the early selling. You get the buying done quickly. And you probably won't be buying at the last second when everything is gone.

I technically don't believe in Christmas. Cause it is a fact that Jesus was born in the spring when the Romans held their census. However, in looking at the timeline, it was discovered that the magi might have made it to the two year old Jesus around the time we celebrate this year. So Christmas has always been about the gifts.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Call Me Tom at 9:26AM, Dec. 10, 2010
(online)
Niccea
I technically don't believe in Christmas. Cause it is a fact that Jesus was born in the spring when the Romans held their census. However, in looking at the timeline, it was discovered that the magi might have made it to the two year old Jesus around the time we celebrate this year. So Christmas has always been about the gifts.

What you don't beleve in the time of the year when all the people of great britan would dance around yeu trees?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
JustNoPoint at 11:06AM, Dec. 10, 2010
(online)
blindsk
As far as giving gifts goes? I'm surprised no one here mentioned gift cards yet! I always thought that was the easy way out.
I never understood gift cards.

“Here, have a $25 gift card for x store” Hope you didn't want to spend it anywhere else!!!"

Just give the cash instead! So many more options and it won't expire or be stuck with a few cents left on it you won't be using :P
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
DAJB at 12:11PM, Dec. 10, 2010
(online)
skoolmunkee
The best Christmas movie
After Scrooged.
:)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
feelafraid at 12:28PM, Dec. 10, 2010
(offline)
After Christmas I usually end up with gift cards and then I spend all but THIRTY CENTS on them, so what I use those gatherings of dimes and nickels is I put them into a single purchase and buy STICKERS. The problem is that I don't skateboard or have a hip laptop or anything so stickers are pretty much useless to me, but I like to put them in a book and look at them while I cry and drink myself to death.
feelafraidcomic.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Walrus at 1:40PM, Dec. 10, 2010
(online)
I'm in between the three stages of Christmas. I'm too old to be that excited about the holiday, but also too poor to buy anyone presents. I do enjoy the free gifts though.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
itsjustaar at 3:30PM, Dec. 11, 2010
(online)
A few years back, I opted not to visit family over the holiday's because they were far. A few friends of mine on myspace at the time were either going to be keeping a low key event going and brief, or didn't have anyone to spend it with either, so we just did a role-play blog of a ‘Christmas party’ with our characters. It was pretty awesome; about twenty people came, and we kept it going for about two to three weeks with it's own Christmassy plot and kissing contests, and stuff. Real cute. ^^

In the end, even those less fortunate this year, we think of things to do. ;D

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved