Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Home Sweet, Annoying Home
Hawk at 10:27AM, Oct. 6, 2009
(online)
I just bought a house and I should be getting the keys to it today. So I haven't moved in yet, but I hope to start trucking things over tonight. The neighborhood seems really nice. I'm curious about any little surprises I might encounter while living there, because I just can't imagine anywhere being perfect.

Maybe kids will ride their bikes on my lawn and I'll have to yell at them, and then I'll be that guy in the neighborhood.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Lonnehart at 8:32PM, Oct. 6, 2009
(online)
Be thankful your home isn't like THIS Sweet Home… hehehe…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Erase Alpha at 12:20PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
My mom is the most annoying aspect of were I live.
The artist formerly known as diana_m

Hands up, B**ches.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
Faliat at 1:15PM, Nov. 4, 2009
(offline)
mishi_hime
My house isnt that bad. But outside the ghetto kids are pretty well frightening to say the least.
Even the older kids scream. I mean SCREAM. It's like a louder scream then I would probably be able to muster even if I was being murdered or something. I always wonder… since they always do that. What if there's a real emergency and they scream. I bet no one will come and save them. Also they fight. Like not playing but like FIGHT TO THE DEATH FIGHT. Seriously. I often hear like obscene demon growling and cursing. 0 _ 0 i'm sort of scared by it.
Oh, yeah. Dalmuir is like that 24/7. In the daytime it's kids and at night it's the adults.

Also, there was a local shop there, but a few years after we moved we discovered that the owners were peeling off the expiration dates on things. When I was 14 I picked up a chocolate bar that was two years past it's date.
I never had the problem since, but we didn't drink slushes out of the place ever again for fear of getting yelled at if we took them home.

Then there was the stabby bag. Some of the local kids had set up a punch bag to the back of our house in Delhi Avenue. I called it the stabby bag because it was probably used for stabbing practise with all the holes and slash marks on it.
It eventually got taken away earlier this year. And now there's slashes in the netting of the kids trampoline erected near where it once stood.

Another problem we used to have was “The Square” as we all called it. It was an empty area covered wiht concrete that was just down the street from our house. it was actually filmed in a documentary a few years ago to show the squalor of the place compared to the soaring literacy rates of local schoolchildren.

I used to play with my remote controlled car and ride my bike and scooter there before they did work on a playground. It was horrible. The older kids took over and the younger ones didn't have a chance. I went up the it once and I was ganged up on and they attempted to set my clothes on fire.

Then there was the soft padding stuff that was put underneath to stop kids falling and seriously hurting themselves.
That was constantly crumbling away and thrown at houses several streets away. We gt it pretty bad since we were close to it. Our eldest dog (Our only dog at the time) nearly choked on a few pieces of it when he was a puppy.

But eventually the kids got older and left it alone. In fact it was just sprayed over and life for the place kind of got back to normal in terms of kids riding bikes and football being played against the side of the generator shed on it.

It was debated whether it would be that or a skate park because if it being used so much my kids or ride bikes, scooters and skateboards on it.

The playground got scrapped. And guess what they built over it next, leaving the kids with nothing else to do that'll keep them out of trouble?

A car park. And a pretty small one at that.

That's the most annoying thing about where I lived. Nobody gave it what it really needed and have now left it to rot.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon