Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Horror and Getting images on the computer
LIZARD_B1TE at 8:59AM, Aug. 26, 2006
(online)
Yeah. I've been thinking of trying my hand at a horror story for a while now, but my MS Paint style just isn't right for that kind od style. I would need to get my hand drawn art onto the computer.

And that's a problem, because I don't have the tools to get my drawings onto the computer. I was thinking about trying a digital camera, but that has a bunch of drawbacks to it. Like glares and size and such.

So, in the end, I have two questions:
1. Is there a way to get my comics on here via digital camera without making them look like crap?
2. What are some suggestions for making horror comics?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 10:01AM, Aug. 26, 2006
(online)
Yes, but if I use a digital camera already in my possession, it can save me that $40-$50.
LIZARD_B1TE at 10:10AM, Aug. 26, 2006
(online)
equinox
Is it really that much of a price to pay for being able to produce high quality artwork?

No, but I currently only have about $20 and my parents are busy paying mortgage, taxes, and $1000 a month for me to go to highschool.
Skulldog at 11:32AM, Aug. 26, 2006
(offline)
It's possible to use a digital camear, but it's going to have to be pretty beefy to make the pictures clear enough to start with. 3.5 megapixel or higher, anything lower won't get the resolution to do it.

Don't use MS paint. Go download GIMP or other free software that has atleast some way to change the levels. You can use levels to brighten and bring out the lines from a digital picture.

but seriously, scanners are so cheap they practically give them away. Ebay it, I bet you can find one for 20 bucks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
skoolmunkee at 12:44PM, Aug. 26, 2006
(online)
I don't think you'll be able to get a good photo like you would of a scan.

First, you'd have to have a uniform lighting source so the whole page is lit brightly and evenly - the camera's flash won't cut it, it will wash things out and reflect, etc. You also need to make sure the camera is in a position that captures the entire page without any distortion for distance, etc. try taking a photo of a newspaper page or a page of typing and then looking at it on the computer, it will look terrible and you will probably have blur problems. You'll also end up needing a tripod or some sort of mounting setup… which will get in the way of your light source…

I mean, you may as well just try it and see what you can come up with. But I really doubt you'll find anything that works like a scanner would. :/
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved