Media Megaforum

House of the Scorpion
PhatScurl at 1:24PM, Nov. 10, 2006
(offline)
Despite what the the title of this section is, i never see anything about books. So i thought i might create one.

Has anybody has read the book House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer. This is by far the best book i've ever read. I read about 2 years ago and am rereading right now for a report thing.

This is just one of those books that you can't put down, every person i've ever talked to (minus one, because he just hated books)has had the same reaction to the book.

It is a fictional story, that subconsciencly (for lack of a better word) discusses several controversial topics, and just how much people are affected by those around them.

The story follows a boy named Matt Alacran as he grows up (0-15)in a very realistic near future world. Early in the book he discovers that he is actually a clone of a fabulously rich man, who owns an entire country in between the United States and Mexico (called Atzlan). Throughout the story he gets rapped up in the ethics of cloning, racism, the extent of technology and its use, betrayal, and love. The story is absolutely incredible, i cannot possibly think of a better book to recommend. Please if you haven't read this book, go now, you will not regret it all.

Don't spoil anything those who have read it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved