Help, Support and Suggestions

How do check how many readers and favourites you have?
tammster at 10:55AM, March 2, 2010
(offline)
How can you see how many readers and favourites your comic has? I'm really curious about that. Is the number of pageviews the number of readers? And where can you check who favourites your comic?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
skoolmunkee at 2:39PM, March 2, 2010
(online)
Pageviews is just the number page pages viewed. It's not individual people. So if one person reads 10 pages, it's 10 pageviews. DD's system also rounds to ten, so that's why they all end in 0 :] If you want more detailed stats you'll have to pick up an external tracker and put it into the html code of your page.

If you want to see how MANY people have favorited your comic, you have to download the DD Alerter (which is in your My Account), which is PC-only. The program is getting fairly old though and there are reports that it doesn't work properly on some newer systems.

There's no way to find out the identities of the people who favorite your comic, for privacy reasons. That kind of thing would be too easy to abuse, so it's not done. Most people find comments more valuable than names and numbers anyway, but it is nice to know you've got a lot of favorites too. :]
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
tammster at 12:55AM, March 3, 2010
(offline)
skoolmunkee
Pageviews is just the number page pages viewed. It's not individual people. So if one person reads 10 pages, it's 10 pageviews. DD's system also rounds to ten, so that's why they all end in 0 :] If you want more detailed stats you'll have to pick up an external tracker and put it into the html code of your page.

If you want to see how MANY people have favorited your comic, you have to download the DD Alerter (which is in your My Account), which is PC-only. The program is getting fairly old though and there are reports that it doesn't work properly on some newer systems.

There's no way to find out the identities of the people who favorite your comic, for privacy reasons. That kind of thing would be too easy to abuse, so it's not done. Most people find comments more valuable than names and numbers anyway, but it is nice to know you've got a lot of favorites too. :]

Thanks Skoolmunkee. That helped me out a lot. :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
rogerawilbanks at 12:25PM, March 11, 2010
(online)
The alerter is not working on my PC. (Windows 7) :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
ozoneocean at 8:31PM, March 11, 2010
(online)
rogerawilbanks
The alerter is not working on my PC. (Windows 7) :(
Go here:
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=52319&cid=229

It's a stickied thread in this very forum :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved