Help, Support and Suggestions

How do I make my homepage point to my first page rather than my latest?
dogstarr at 4:04PM, April 5, 2010
(online)
I want my homepage to point to the “Cover” of my comic rather than the latest page, so that new readers won't get ‘spoilers’ just by coming to the site, and consistent readers would then hit ‘latest’ for the most recent update. How can I do this, or is it not possible?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
skoolmunkee at 12:53AM, April 6, 2010
(online)
Once you've activated the home page, you have to go over to the ‘layout’ tab and edit the homepage's HTML. Take out the “display comic” DD tag and put in an img src for the picture you actually want to point to. You can upload that picture in your files area here and then you will have the url to point to.

Unfortunately, if you're using one of the pre-made templates (other than ‘default’), it's very hard to change the html so simply, because the system doesn't give you back the html to work with. If you want to do any html editing to those templates, in most cases you have to reverse-engineer the DD-tagged simple html code from the junk that is displayed from the page source and then upload it as custom html…
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
JustNoPoint at 4:12PM, April 18, 2010
(online)
You can edit the other templates easy enough. I had to figure this out the other day too :P

Activate your template. Then go to where you edit your html. Scroll to the bottom and hit the “reset” button.

It will give you the html for whichever template you activated.

Also to note that your LAST page button will NOT link new readers to your newest page on the homepage. It will link them to the page BEFORE the newest page. It's very annoying for anyone that wants to use the homepage feature in a decent way.
:(
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
skoolmunkee at 1:02AM, April 20, 2010
(online)
Yeah, most readers dont' like the homepage.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved