Help, Support and Suggestions

How do I report an art thief?
onyxrose at 7:38AM, June 17, 2009
(online)
I just found a comic that is ripping off the images of another comic and I'd like to report them. How do I do that.

Specifically the person is taking the pages, removing the text and placing their own text in the bubbles, and I have seen no reference to the original artist's name or that the art was done by someone else.
Oh please, dont avoid painful death on my account
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
onyxrose at 8:05AM, June 17, 2009
(online)
Umm…I don't know if I did this right, but I emailed the drunk duck using both the customer service email and info email about the offending comic. I provided the comic's name and url, the user's name and the url of the original comic. I also emailed the original artist to alert them.

I don't want to start drama, even though the thieving bastard deserves to be flamed so hard his nuts turn to ash, but unfortunetly the thief might be looking for drama, so I don't know. I figured if the original artist wants to take matters into his own hands that's up to him.

Did I report the thief properly or was there some other channel that I couldn't find?
Oh please, dont avoid painful death on my account
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
skoolmunkee at 2:23PM, June 17, 2009
(online)
Actually those emails on the webpages don't go anywhere. I don't know why they bothered to make them if they weren't going to have anyone checking them.

It's usually fastest to PQ one of the admins (me, ozoneocean, spang, or black_kitty) because most of us are on at least once a day. :]

Anyway if this is about the Better Days comic, someone else already notified me and it's taken care of :]
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
konstan_tina99 at 9:14PM, June 30, 2009
(offline)
Exuse me!
I found an underager user who is claiming to be older than she already is (she's my younger step-sister in real life) and she's viewing a yaoi comic i'm making that's not for her age! Can you help me out? i don't want her to view these types of things (luckily i haven't gotten to anything to bad in the story yet)
her's the user's profile:
http://user.drunkduck.com/oanita
thank you for your tme! X3
Konstan_tina99 :P YAY!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
skoolmunkee at 2:59AM, July 1, 2009
(online)
Unfortunately DD's age protections run on the honor system. She has no way of proving that she's as old as she claims… but you have no way of proving that she's younger than she claims. For all we know she's not your stepsister at all. :] We offer the service and the age protections, but we can't enforce the way people may use/abuse them. Sorry, I know that sounds a bit lame but to me it's a case of she-said she-said.

People are gonna view stuff you put on the internet, and it sounds like she's actually interested in you and what you're doing. Depending on what kind of younger stepsister she is, changing her age, rating, etc will not deter her… she'll just make a new account, try to find the originals in your room, etc.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
crocty at 4:41AM, July 1, 2009
(online)
konstan_tina99
Exuse me!
I found an underager user who is claiming to be older than she already is (she's my younger step-sister in real life) and she's viewing a yaoi comic i'm making that's not for her age! Can you help me out? i don't want her to view these types of things (luckily i haven't gotten to anything to bad in the story yet)
her's the user's profile:
http://user.drunkduck.com/oanita
thank you for your tme! X3
If you mean your comic Blind and Blue, that's only tagged as mature, and I'm pretty sure that mature ratings don't block anyone, regardless of age. (I might be wrong, though)
Adult comics are the ones that are blocked to some users, only 18+ can get on them, but if she's put her age as 18+ then there's only the option of pummel her until she changes it.

I guess otherwise there's nothing that can be done. :o

EDIT: Although your profile says you're 14, so it'd block you from seeing your comic…
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
skoolmunkee at 5:42AM, July 1, 2009
(online)
crocty
I'm pretty sure that mature ratings don't block anyone, regardless of age. (I might be wrong, though)
If I remember right:
Mature - viewable by non-DD members, but blocked to account holders 13 or under
Adult - not viewable by non-DD members, also blocked to 13 and under

They're very easy to get around. If someone wants to view just mature comics, all they need to do is either not sign in, or say they're over 13. To view adult comics they need to have an account but just say they're over 13. We have no way of enforcing that- it's just an option there for concerned parents (and honest kids) to use if they want it, and to make sure DD is covered legally.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
konstan_tina99 at 12:40AM, July 2, 2009
(offline)
Okay I understand thanks for answering anyway!
Konstan_tina99 :P YAY!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved