Help, Support and Suggestions

How do I STOP being an assisstant?
Rina_ran at 2:30AM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
Well years back, an old friend randomly made me the assistant to his comic without even asking me. I just came on one day and BAM it had his “comic” under my “Comics you assist” section of my profile.

I went along with it at first, because he was a very close friend. But now I haven't had a real conversation with him in such a long time, and I really want this “comic” (collection of photos) out from under my name! Especially since I found out just about NONE of the pictures in this collection are even his, but are found all around the internet.

If anything, I guess this collection should be deleted because a)it's not a comic, and b)they're likely copyrighted to someone else.

But overall I just don't want my name on it anymore…I looked all over for a button to “stop assisting comic”…but it looks like one doesn't exist.

Comic I'm trying to detach from: http://www.drunkduck.com/Kitty_Pictures_of_Cuteness/

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:08PM
ozoneocean at 5:16AM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
Yeah, you're right. I froze the comic. That guy hasn't been around for a whole year on that account so I doubt he'll be missing a comic he hasn't updated since 2006.

You can't remove yourself as an assistant.
I now how much that sux. Believe me…

It's one of the things that we are going to get Wowio to fix in the near future.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Rina_ran at 11:53PM, Sept. 18, 2010
(online)
Yeah, that really sucks. Someone could add really popular comic artists here as assistants and they possibly would never notice.

I do hope they add a “remove yourself” option in the future. And also make it to were you have to accept the position through PM or something.

It may not be gone, but thank you for at least freezing the comic. I'll just keep my fingers crossed for the future.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:08PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved