Comic Talk and General Discussion *

How do YOU like your BBQ Ribs?
Lonnehart at 10:33PM, June 29, 2010
(online)
Yep. Time for that question again (for us Americans anyway). The 4th of July is coming up and most of us are going to take out our grills and have fun with our “shrimps on the barbies”… But enough about shrimp…

A lot of us are going to be cooking ribs over those slowly burning hot coals. And when they're done, how do you like them served? And how do you like eating them?

I'm eating mine with a napkin and keeping lots of handwash nearby. Seriously… what's with this “manly” way of eating them? Barehanded, completely drowned in that sweet SWEET BBQ sauce and then chugging down entire kegs of beer to wash them down?!? Okay, okay… I'm kinda… sorta… going overboard with the descriptions.

I like it when the ribs are firm enough so they only slowly fall off the bone and you can hold the rib to eat the meat off with. Not too much sauce though since it's hot, sticky, and pretty hard to clean off unless you've got a good alcohol soaked napkin.

Add some other stuff like annato cooked red rice, pancit, lumpia, grilled vegetable “shish ka-bobs”, and some Kool-Aid to replace the beer… all while watching those fireworks going off. Hehe… I can't wait… :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Kroatz at 3:22AM, June 30, 2010
(online)
Dead.
I prefer my BBQ dead, nothing is scarier than your food trying to claw it's way out again.

No seriously, I NEVER eat anything with bones still attached, either I cut it off before cooking or I eat something different from the rest of my family. Nothing is more disgusting than realising you are holding a piece of some poor animal's ribcage, ripping it's singed flesh from the bones with your teeth. Hearing the sound of the bones when you drop them onto your plate one by one. I encourage everyone to eat chicken.

For let's be honest, how can anyone ever feel sorry for chickens?
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Byth1 at 12:57PM, June 30, 2010
(online)
Lonnehart"I'm eating mine with a napkin and keeping lots of handwash nearby. Seriously... what's with this "manly" way of eating them? Barehanded, completely drowned in that sweet SWEET BBQ sauce and then chugging down entire kegs of beer to wash them down?!?[/quote
Replace beer with soda and you just described me.
Updated every friday!
Updated every monday!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:35AM
Chernobog at 2:18PM, June 30, 2010
(offline)
Medium well done, mesquite BBQ sauce, and Pabst Blue Ribbon sounds like a good time to me.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Salsa at 5:26PM, June 30, 2010
(offline)
Low and slow over a grill for about four hours, dry rub, no sauce. After they're finished. cut them into individual ribs and THEN dip in sauce if needed. The best BBQ normally doesn't need it. Also, served with marinated chicken. mmmm chicken.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon